Part 33

Arnav: I didnt snatch the right of a mother from her, she disowned me Khushi.

Khushi's throat ached gulping the tears down. She didnt know how to react, what to reply back and how to ensure he realises that she is with him.. No matter how much differences they had, no matter how much she hated him for this forceful marriage, she still felt pity for him and this was the first time when she actually had tears in her eyes not BECAUSE of Arnav Singh Raizada.. but FOR Arnav Singh Raizada..

Arnav was very much disturbed even by the thought of his past. But today he felt little lighter sharing a bit of it with someone.. Khushi unknowingly stepped towards him, her eyes locked with his. When she stood close to him and tried wiping off the tear drop from the corner of his eye, he stopped her hand. He never got so weak before anyone like he did today. But even in that weakness he wont allow anyone to show sympathy towards him. He has got enough sympathies in his childhood. He shoved off her hand and wished to leave the room. When he had reached the door, he heard her weak voice from behind.

Khushi: Sorry!!

He stopped right there but never turned behind.

Khushi: Humme nahi pata tha ki aap ke saath kuch aisa hua hai.. Humme maaf kar dijiye ARNAVJI..!! ( I didnt know you had to undergo all this in your childhood. Forgive me ARNAVJI..!!)

His anger and pain were instantly soothed down not by her apology but by the way she took her name today.. She didnt call him Mr Raizada.. She called him by his name .. And that too adding respect to it.. "ARNAVJI".. He turned around. Her eyes were still moist. Giving her one last look, he left the room. She starred at the "A" in her Mehndi for some seconds.. There was a lot that she had to learn about him. Today for the first time she realised first impression cannot always be right. Whatever image he had created in her eyes was not entirely true. He might be the toughest and hardest rock from outside who had no mercy for anyone. But he had a tender heart.. Now she knows why he doesnt trust anyone .. His childhood had given his heart many scars which had still not cured. She will have to keep patience and try healing his heart without which he will never be able to understand the truth of life...

***************

Gupta House - Haldi

Lavanya slowly entered the house, amidst the guests who were busy applying Haldi to Khushi. Akash saw her and definately wasnt happy.. He stopped her before she could make her way inside.

Akash: What are you doing here?
Lavanya: Akash .. Please ..
Akash: Look La.. ( he was stopped by Nani who came there and cught his arm)
Nani: Akash.. Why are you not welcoming Lavanya inside? She too has all rights to attend each and every ceremony of this marriage.
Akash: Nani you know what she did..
Nani: And what are we doing? Are we able to get Khushi out of this trouble? Havnt we all compromised to what is happening? And dont forget Akash, if you think Lavanya coaxed Khushi to help her treat Arnav, then Khushi too wasnt a small kid without brains. She too accepted this idea of Lavanya and shared her responsiblity. Khushi is equally responsible if Lavanya is.. Its high time we stop blaming her and accept situations as they are. Am I clear?

Akash gave up the thought of stopping Lavanya from entering the house ..

Akash ( to Lavanya): Nani must have forgiven you La.. But I cannot.. Not until I see my sister really happy with the man she is marrying!!

He clearly stated his stand and left inside. Lavanya was hurt but she thanked Nani for taking her side and then came to Khushi for applying the haldi on her. Khushi was happy seeing Lavanya though she knew that things between her brother Akash and Lavanya were no more same like before.

***************

Raizada House

When Arnav Singh Raizada reached home from his office in the evening, he was surprised to see Aman Mathur holding a bowl of Haldi in his hand and smiling at him.

Arnav: What the hell are you doing in my house in my absence Aman?
Aman: Sorry Boss.. But I had to enter your premises without your permission. Actually I wasnt much sure if you will have anyone else doing this for you. But when I saw you working in office today, I realised you have no idea what rituals needs to be performed from your end for your marriage tomorrow. So I took this initiative.. Its yours and Khushi Maam's Haldi today.. She already might have started this ritual at her home.. So now its your turn!!
Arnav : Shut up Aman.. I am not going to do all this..
Aman: But why Boss? This is your marriage too.. You should be equally participating.. And at least think about Khushi Maam.. Dont you want to impress her?
Arnav: What do you mean?
Aman ( coming forward): I mean.. When she will come to know that you actually fulfilled all the pre-marriage rituals without any qualms, dont you think one plus point will be added in her liking for you?
Arnav was understanding very clearly what Aman meant but he wasnt that dumb..!!

Arnav (Smirking): Do you think I am a fool Aman to come so easily in your talks?
Aman was disappointed that he couldnt get ASR agree for this.
Arnav: ( looking at the Haldi Bowl): Is this safe to apply for a diabetic person ?
Aman had a broad smile on his face..
Aman: Yup.. Will you try some on ?
Arnav: I will put it on myself.

He was going to snatch the haldi bowl from Aman but Aman resisted..

Aman: No Boss.. Thats not the way.. Someone close to you or your family should do this honor..
Arnav: (getting serious again): You know I dont have anyone here.. Except you.. So will you ?
Aman: With pleasure Sir..
Arnav: I will change and be right back here.

He went to his room to change his clothes while Aman was happy that ASR at least agreed to do this. He somewhere knew that a day would surely come when Khushi will turn this man to a lovable person.

***************

Haldi Night - Gupta House

Khushi was looking outside the window at the glowing lights decorated at her home surroundings. She seemed to be lost in some deep thoughts when Anjali had come in her room. Anjali was never satisfied with this marriage. She still wished some miracle to happen and this marriage stops somehow. She caressed Khushi's hair to get her attention.

Anjali :What are you thinking about?
Khushi: (Looking in Anjali's eyes): Arnavji!!
Anjali was startled.
Anjali: Come on Khushi. You dont have to lie to me.
Khushi: Di I am not lieing. I was really thinking about him.. Do you know when he was a small kid, his mother left him in an orphanage to get married to some other man?
Anjali : A cruel personality like him deserved that..
Khushi was angry.
Khushi: No DI.. You are wrong. No child deserves such a treatment from his mother. Arnavji's mother didnt leave him because he was cruel.. He became a cruel personality because his mother left him.!! (She defended Arnav)

Anjali could already see a concern, a sympathy in Khushi's eyes and behaviour for Arnav Singh Raizada which she didnt wish to conclude now.

Anjali: Whatever happened with him.. cannot be changed.. Whatever his mother did with him, doesnt give him a right to treat others the way he thinks is right.
Khushi: This is what he has to understand Di.. This is what I have to make him understand..!!

It was clear from her talks that Khushi had taken her new relationship with Arnav Singh Raizada very seriously.

Anjali: You should sleep Khushi. Tomorrow is your wedding. I hope everything goes smoothly. Whenever Arnav Raizada is around, I dont know why but I feel scared..
Khushi ( Held Anjali's hand): Tomorrow is his day Di.. He wanted this day to come.. he wanted this marriage to happen. He will never spoil it.
Anjali: I hope he doesnt..

*****************

Marriage Day

Arnav Singh Raizada had not slept the last night . The curiousity of his marriage and the happiness that Khushi will forever be his, didnt allow him to rest at all. He kept tossing the bed the whole night and when morning sun rose high in the sky, he was all set to drive to the marriage venue , a moderate capacity hall which was booked by the Gupta's for this wedding to take place. It was obvious the Gupta house was very small to handle such a big crowd. The marriage was planned simple but he had already made huge arrangements of a grand reception party the next day of his wedding..

He got down the stairs and reached the private bar at his home. He needed a drink of calm down his excited nerves. He was about to pour the drink in a glass when Aman stopped him and snatched the bottle from his hand.

Aman: Boss.. You cant drink today..
Arnav :What the Hell Aman!!
Aman: Sorry Boss.. But its your wedding today. You will have to sit before the holy fire and take promises of keeping Khushi Maam happy. And all this has to be done with a pure heart and body.. So no drinking today .. At least until the marriage is done.

Arnav got the point but he still was not very happy about it.

Arnav: Fine.. Have the Gupta's reached the Venue?
Aman: They are on way. .We should start too.

The excitement was slowly dwelling within Arnav Singh Raizada's heart to finish this so called wedding of his. He had attended few wedding of his clients but those were in US and none of them a traditional Indian wedding. He was not even acustomed with the Indian rituals too. So whatever was going to take place after this was surely going to be memorable.!! He sat in the car behind while Aman sat ahead with the driver. Admiring his mobile wallpaper, which was Khushi's picture, he smirked gently talking to it.

Arnav: Kitna kuch karna pad raha hai tumhe mere paas laane ke liye.. I hope its worth it !!

***************

Marriage Venue

Arnav Singh Raizada was not used to so much of attention from others, especially from the Gupta Family. He was aware of the fact that they were not happy with this wedding but even then they had to fake smiles before the guests to show that nothing was wrong between them and the groom. Aman helped Arnav to understand what actions were needed from his end for completing the rituals. He was made to sit before the holy fire, surrounded by the Panditji and the Gupta family. Finally the bride was called for. Arnav scanned the area to find where she was going to come from. Suddenly there he saw her... His bride. .His Khushi.. Dressed in a Red Green Lehnga , walking amidst the crowd, with Anjali Jha, towards the center of the stage. Her eyes glued to the floor. He could instantly notice how much stressed she was today. He was so much lost into her, he was so much busy in admiring her, that he didnt even realise the Panditji was asking him to perform some ritual. Aman had to shook him and get him out of this stance. Khushi was made to sit next to him which surely increased his anxiety even more. Her beauty, her innocence had casted a spell on him today and for the first time he was enjoying getting bound to someone so immensely!! If this is what a man feels when he gets married to someone he always wanted to be with, then he is ready to marry Khushi infinity times in each birth.The Panditji caught his arm, making him open his palm. And then very softly he saw Khushi placing her palm in his, as if locking it forever. Arnav Singh Raizada was enjoying every bit of these rituals to the fullest today.