Part 44

Next Morning

Arnav woke up from a deep sleep. He was so much tired and exhausted last evening from work that he didnt realise when he slept off, may be even before Khushi. No wonder they both still slept seperate. It was a usual routine for him to wake up with a backache sleeping on the Recliner, but these days he had got used to it. He opened his eyes and the very first thing he did was look at the bed where she slept. But he was surprised not finding her there. Usually he was the one who woke up first. He sat on the Recliner , moving off the quilt. Thats when he was able to see her. Khushi was standing before the mirror, in a simple plain blue saree, brushing her hair. He was lost admiring her antics. She was smiling so happily looking at herself, as if she was satisfied with this marriage, with him. He stood up. By now she was smiling touching the Mangalsutra. She wiped off the extra sindoor from her forehead. He never saw her taking so much time in dressing up. What he was amazed at was the fact that she was enjoying doing it. Suddenly she saw him in the mirror, standing behind her and watching her. She smiled whereas he circled his finger at the corner of his own forehead gesturing her if she was mad? Her smile faded and she turned around to look at him.

Arnav: Paagal hogayi ho? You know who smiles like that looking at their own image in the mirror? Crazy Woman..!!

Her jaw dropped and she came forward.

Khushi: Aap nahi samjhenge!! ( You wont understand)
She was about to turn but he caught her wrist stopping her right there.
Arnav: ( with a sharp tone): There is nothing in this world which Arnav Singh Raizada cannot understand.!!
Khushi: Even a heart to heart talk?
Arnav was skeptical on what that meant.
Arnav: Thats exceptional!! Especially if that heart is yours.!! ( he teased her back )

She was again stunned at his comment.

Khushi: Arnavji? I cant believe you are saying this. I thought you are the only one who can read my heart easily, who can understand what I need and when?
Arnav: ( sighed): Kya chahiye tumhe? Clothes? Jewellery? Just name it!! I will ask Aman to arrange them for you.

For him these were the only things a woman would need .. anytime and everytime.. Khushi angrily pushed him away.
Khushi: Humme yeh sab nahi chahiye Arnavji.. Infact humme kuch nahi chahiye.. ( I dont want all this Arnavji.. Infact I dont want anything)
Arnav: Cool.. So matter sorted. Now excuse me. I have to Shower.

He moved her away so that he could go to the bathroom. Before he could open the bathroom door, she held the door knob at the same time with him.

Arnav ( looking at her again): What?
Khushi: Aise nahi.. Pehle aankhein bund kijiye.. ( Not like this.. First close your eyes)
Arnav was getting frustrated why she was making him do all this early morning?
Arnav: Khushi stop all this..

He pushed the door open and got inside. She followed him. He was surprised seeing a Towel, T Shirt and a Track Pant arranged inside already for him. He looked at her. She was smiling, waiting for his appreciation.

Arnav: What is all this?
Khushi: Your clothes.. What else? I arranged them for you. (she proudly replied)
Arnav: Khushi I wear a Robe after my Shower. ( he said clenching his jaw) .. And you dont have to do all this. I am self capable to do my own work.
Khushi: Okay I will keep Robe for you from tomorrow..
Arnav: DONT!! ( he commanded)
Khushi: But Arnavji.. I am your wife.. This is my duty..
Arnav: ( stepping towards her in anger): Dont you get it when I say DONT DO IT !!

She was scared.. She stepped back and the smile which was on her lips a while ago faded again. Very soon the fear was replaced by tears in her eyes. He cursed himself for making her upset like this. She walked out of the bathroom. He fisted his fingers and followed her out. She stood before the mirror looking down. He came behind her and clutched her shoulder.

Arnav: Khushi... I.

She shrugged his arms off her and moved away.

Khushi: Don touch me Arnavji.. You have no idea how much efforts I am putting in making this relationship work.. Its so hard to stay with a hot headed husband like you, but I am still trying and you? You just know to pounce.. Just go away... Shower and wear anything what you like. I have made breakfast for you already, if even that you have a problem with then leave for office and ask Aman to get something for you .Just go..I dont want to see you.. Just go away..

Saying that she left the room. Even though Arnav called her name again asking her to stop, she didnt. She just went away. He realised she was upset because he didnt acknowledge her efforts but what was he supposed to do? He was not used to all this. Never did any woman in his life, did such things for him. He doesnt even expect that from Khushi either. Infact instead of doing such silly things she should concentrate on the main matters... of accepting him as her husband first .. Damm!! Whenever he realised that, he felt more irritated..He went back inside the bathroom in the hope of convincing her later but this never happened.. The moment he was out from bath, he got a call from Aman informing him that the Contract killer was out of his clutches, he had fled away now hurting his guards which he had appointed specially to keep an eye on him. So without even meeting Khushi, Arnav Singh Raizada just left the house hurriedly.

**************

Khushi was very much frustrated with his ignorance. It was evening and this man didnt even make a call? He says that he has fallen for her head on heals. This is how a man behaves with the woman he desires? She had decided not to talk a word with him even after he reaches home. Let him get her silence for sometime. At least he will realise what mistake he was doing. Suddenly her phone rang, it was Aman's call which she received maintaining that same tone of anger.

Aman: Bhabhi.. ASR..
Khushi ( interrupted): ASR kya? Woh call nahi kar sakte the? Aur unse kehna apna saara kaam tumse karwaana bund kare. Aur agar nahi kar sate toh tum se hi dusri shaadi bhi kar le aur humme chod de. ( ASR what? He couldnt call me? And ask him not to make you do all his work. If he still cant understand this then ask him to marry you and free me)
Aman: Bhabhi ASR is in Hospital. That contract killer .. he shot him.

The moment Aman told this, Khushi felt her heart stopped beating.

Aman: Bhabhi he is in "Arora Hospital".

She didnt wait to hear anything further, she dropped the phone down and hurried to the car. She screamed for Mohan Driver to start the car. Tears continuously flowing down her eyes, she was literally shivering. .She was scared and unable to think what to do next? Arnavji was shot? No.. This cant happen.

***************

Arora Hospital

The moment she reached the Hospital, she hurried to the Reception table asking them where Arnav Singh Raizada was admitted. Suddenly Aman came to her and he escorted her to the room.

Khushi: Aman.. how is he? Is he okay? Is he conscious? What did the Doctors say? ( she kept asking him weeping )

Before Aman could reply to any of this, they had reached the Private VIP room where Arnav was admitted. Khushi immediately rushed inside. Arnav was sitting on the bed, getting his wounds stitched. Before he could even realise, Khushi came inside at his bed and cupped his face. .The Doctor was equally surprised.

Khushi: Arnavji? Aap theek toh hai? Yeh sab? Arnavji boliye naa.. Aap ko aur kahi chot lagi hai? Aap aise kyon dekh rahe hai? Boliye na.. Arnavji ?

Arnav was stunned to see her in this state and that too worrying so much for him. He immediately husshed her made her sit next to him on bed.

Arnav: Khushi relax. I am fine.
Khushi was still crying, while scanning his hands, legs and head to see if he was hurt anywhere else apart from his arm where the Dr was putting the Stitches. Arnav had seen her cry so many times, but today her tears spoke volumes to him. Her pain for him was so clearly visible in her eyes. He gestured Aman to take the Dr out for some time until he pacifies his wife. Aman did the needful. It was only Arnav and Khushi in the room now. He gently moved the strand of hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear.

Arnav: Khushi rona bund karo..

It was easy for him to tell but equally hard for her to follow. She kept crying .. and crying.. like a kid.

Arnav: Khushi main theek hoon. I am fine. .Please stop crying..

She still didnt believe what he said.

Arnav: Kuch nahi hua hai mujhe Khushi. Main theek hoon.. The bullet just hit my arm and passed out.. See..

He showed her the arm where the stitches were done. She gently touched the wound and looked again at his face with moist eyes. Atleast she had stopped crying by now.

Khushi: Humme maaf kar dijiye Arnavji.. (Forgive me Arnavji.).. I shouldnt have told you that I dont want to see your face anymore. Thats why all this happened. I am sorry..
Arnav smirked at her innocence and orthodox belief.

Arnav: Okay Maaf kiya.. But you are not responsible for any of this. That contract killer had escaped my clutches even after such a tight security. He got a perfect opportunity to kill me and get his money from whoever contracted him for this work. (Khushi started fearing again which he realised) .. But dont worry. Situation is in control. My men have caught him again.
Khushi: Handle him to the Police Arnavji..
Arnav: No way.. ( he angrily replied).. I am myself going to kill him and his Boss..
Khushi: Arnavji.. Please.. You are not some social worker to do all this.
Arnav: I am cleaning my own mess Dammit.. I am saving myself and you from any such further attacks, dont you get it?
Khushi: Its not your job.. We have a law system in this country Arnavji.. Let the police deal with him.. Do you even realise what I went through all the way while reaching the hospital. I was scared to hell.. Today you are saved.. But what if something happens again tomorrow? What if something happens to YOU tomorrow? I cant take that risk Arnavji.. What will happen to me if anything happens to you? ( a drop of tear again rolled down her cheek )
Arnav: ( wiping that tear drop ): If anything happens to me tomorrow, you can continue your old life back. Just get back to your family. They will take care of you.

Instead of feeling better, she was more hurt. She hit him on chest.

Khushi: How dare you say that? Earlier it was different Arnavji.. Now I cant even imagine my life without you. I feel incomplete. I cannot erase Arnav Singh Raizada's chapter just like that from my life.

Those sentences touched his heart. There were so many feelings right now bubbling inside him. No other woman had ever cared for his presence in their lives, only Khushi did. He pulled her back to him so that she looks in his eyes again and realises what he wanted to tell her further. She was totally silent.

Arnav: Now listen to me very carefully Khushi. And dont speak until I finish. I have bound you in the chains of this marriage, but if anytime in future, if I am not alive, you will be freed from all these restrictions. You will not be jailed anymore. You can be a free bird. Your family will also be more than happy to welcome you back, as it is , they think you are living a hell with me. So they will not have to worry for you anymore if I dont be alive.

Khushi was highly disturbed by his thoughts.

Khushi: Aap kabhi nahi samjhenge Arnavji.. ( You can never understand Arnavji).. First you cage a bird in your so called passion and then when she has started understanding you, feeling for you, you want to free her again? I will prefer to die in that cage rather than thinking of moving out.

The moment she used the word "DIE" for her, he was pissed off.

Arnav: Dont you dare speak about your DEATH..
Khushi: You too ( she warned him)

Arnav was feeling so much light after this conversation. So his Khushi was really not going to leave him? Anytime? The door was knocked by Aman.

Aman: Boss.. Bhabhi.. I cannot keep the Doctor waiting for long here. If you can continue your romantic talks at home, can I send him in to finish the dressing?

Khushi felt shy. She was about to get up but he caught her wrist and didnt allowed her to move away.

Arnav: Stay here.. Beside me!

This command from him gave her enough goosebumps which even he noticed on her hand.. The doctor came in and started dressing the wound while the couple just kept stealing glances of each other.