Part 41

AR office

Akash: Khushi I told you not to discuss anything about Lavanya with me. And this is my office, you cannot just walk in to my cubicle and interupt in my work. I work here and if my Boss comes to know that I am entertaining my personal matters then he wont like it.
Khushi: Your Boss is my husband Akash Bhai.. ( she sternly replied).. And for your kind information, I have taken his permission before coming here..

Akash was speechless. He didnt knew what to respond. Whenever his family tried to talk about lavanya, he just remembered how she cheated him, not in terms of love but by making his little sister a scape goat and sacrificing her to a Psychic man like Arnav Singh Raizada.

Akash: Khushi.. Please jao yahan se.. !! (Khushi please go away from here)
Khushi: Bhai why are you becoming so adamant? You love Lavanya and I know you still do. So what is the problem in forgiving her?
Akash: Because its not that easy Khushi. She has ruined your life.
Khushi: No she hasnt!! ( she screamed angrily)..

Akash was surprised when Khushi spoke to him in this tone. Khushi felt bad too.

Khushi: Sorry.. Actually living with Arnavji, even I have started becoming angry very easily.. But trust me bhai, I am still happy with him. Marrying him was my decision. Lavanya was not involved in that. Infact she did all she could to explain me not to take vows with such a man who doesnt even know its importance.
Akash (folding his hands): And you still think you are happy with that man?
Khushi: Yes I am.. ( she moved a step back so that he could see her properly).. Bhai look at me.. I have everything.. Materialistic wise he has given me more than I ever expected.
Akash sighed in disappointment and came near her. He cupped Khushi's face.

Akash: I know my sister is not materialistic Khushi.. She always dreamed of a man who would love her, not just desire her.
Khushi: Its not wrong to desire having a woman!!
Akash gave her a sarcastic look.
Khushi: And if he only desired me, he would not have allowed me put some conditions after the marriage either. Bhai I cant explain what he is, why he is .. But whoever he is, he is taking the best care of me.. I dont know how to explain this to you all, but he doesnt force me for anything except giving him some time. I dont think thats too much for a wife to do. He feels pain when he sees me hurt, he gets a smile on his face when he sees me happy. He wants to protect me, hold me when I am in danger. I sometimes act foolish around him or his people, but he handles the situation and stands by me when people try to mock on our relationship. These are the qualities I had always wanted my partner to have Bhai. Arnav Singh Raizada may not be a perfect man whom I dreamt of but its not always necessary your dreams are right. I am happy Bhai. And trust me one day you will see me more happier than this.

Akash: In these few days, my little sister has started talking so maturedly..? I like this change in you Khushi but with that you cannot change my views on what Lavanya did..
Khushi was totally disappointed with this conversation.

Khushi: Whatever she did, I was an equal participant, but even then you accepted my decisions but you cannot talk to Lavanya? I know she should have told you about what we were experimenting with Arnav SIngh Raizada, but just like you expected that truth to come out from her, you should have expected even your sister to tell you about it. I was your sister so you forgave me, you talk to me and you have concern for me. But you cannot give that same treatment to Lavanya? You are being partial Bhai.. ( she voiced out clearly where she thinks her Akash bhai is wrong)

Akash had no reply.. Suddenly the Office peon came to them..

Peon: Madam.. ASR has called you in his cabin.. he said 15 minutes are over.

Akash was stunned..

Akash:15 minutes? What is it?
The peon left.
Khushi ( trying to hide) : Nothing Bhai.. Woh bus..
Akash: Wait a minute.. You said he gave you permission to talk to me right? You mean 15 minutes? He decides even the amount of time you can talk to your family? Thats ridiculous..
Khushi sighed again in disappointment..

Khushi: Bhai .. its not that way..
Akash: See .. Now you are lying again.. Thats why I said Khushi, I dont think he is still right for you or he is even doing justice with his own wife and you say you are happy? I wont take it.. Now go back to him before he troubles you again or punishes you for being late..

Saying that Akash himself left to the conference room where he had some meeting. Khushi angrily went to Arnav's cabin. She was highly frustrated. She opened his cabin door and rushed inside.

Khushi: Couldnt you wait for 5 more minutes.? I had almost convinced him until.. until you sent that peon reminding me that the TIME IS OVER!! ( she angrily asked)
Arnav: I am a man of Words Khushi. I do what I have agreed for. Its not my problem if you couldnt convince your brother within that time.
Khushi kept staring at him angrily. To understand this man was so tough.

Arnav ( getting up from the chair and coming to her): So ?? Ready for giving me my Profit in this deal ?

Khushi gulped. She didnt understand what to do.. She kept quiet allowing him to continue stating his demand from her. Suddenly he removed a box from the table and gave it to her.

Arnav: Tumhare liye!! ( For you)
Khushi: Since when did gifting me become your Profit?
Arnav: Open it..( he demanded)
Khushi didnt know what was so special in this and how it would benefit him? She opened it quickly and to her surprise it was a Pretty Red dress. She removed it out from the box with a smile which gently faded as she saw the length of it. It was short and something which she never wore before. Arnav was just observing her expressions.

Arnav: You will have to wear this dress for me and..
Khushi: Nahi..!! ( She immediately screamed ).. Hum .. hum yeh nahi pehan sakte.. ( I cant wear this)
Arnav ( clenching his jaw): What the hell do you mean nahi pehan sakti? (What the hell do you mean cant wear it?)
Khushi kept the dress aside

Khushi: Because I really cant wear it. This is so short..I have never worn such outfit before.
Arnav: I am not asking you to wear it before others..Its just before me Khushi. ( he clarified)
Khushi: Wohi toh!! ( thats why) . I can still wear it before others.. But not before you.
Arnav ( scrouched his eyebrows high needing an explanation from her): I am your damm husband Khushi..
Khushi: Husband ho.. !! That doesnt mean you can make me do such things.. Hum yeh nahi karenge.. !! I wont do this)

She was so much tensed. She turned around unable to meet his eyes.

Arnav: (Turing her around): I allowed you to meet your brother on this one condition only. You cant deny me Khushi.
Khushi: ( stepping back seeing the anger in his eyes): My motive of convincing Akash bhai didnt fulfil.. so thats why I cant fulfil your condition too.

Saying that she walked away from his cabin irrespective of the fact that her husband had still not finished this conversation with her. The moment she left, Arnav banged his hand on the table with rage.. Wearing a dress of his choice , was that so hard for a woman who was his wife? Khushi's tantrums, her conditions were increasing day by day. If this continues, there will be a moment when she will even not mind getting out of their relationship. .He cant let that happen.

*******************

Evening

The whole day after she returned back from AR Office, Khushi was thinking about three things..

Firstly, how to patch up Akash bhai and Lavanya
Secondly, how to make her family including Akash bhai convince that Arnavji was not such a bad husband. He was slowly improving..
Thirdly, Arnavji's wish to see her in that Red Dress..

Cant she just combine all of this ? Something which can resolve all these three problems? She had to think how..!! Suddenly Arnavji entered the room, he was back home. Though the day had passed, his anger was still at the same place, his nose.!! He gave her a quick glance and after that he completely ignored her. He kept doing his things, like keeping his laptop bag, removing the tie, waist coat and opening the closet to fetch his T shirt. Khushi knew he was still frustrated on her. She slowly stopped behind him.

Khushi: Arnavji.. Aap humse naraaz hai? (Arnavji.. You are still angry on me ?)

She even had the audacity to ask him this ? Cant she see his expressions, his actions and understand that? He chose not to reply. He took out a Grey T Shirt and closed the cupboard.He ignored her completely and started walking to the bathroom. She immediately blocked his way at the bathroom door. He flared his nostrils.

Khushi:Arnavji.. Humaari baat toh suniye !! ( Arnavji.. At least listen to what I have to say)
Arnav: Hat jao .. ( move away)

She showed him the air tickets which the travel desk had sent home.

Khushi: Our Bali tickets have come. Will you go in such a mood with me? We are supposed to enjoy that trip, not act like two strangers out there in an unknown country..

These statements had increased his anger all the more. He snatched the tickets from her and tore them before she could even understand. He threw the remains of the tickets away and pinned her to the door behind.

Arnav: Dont use such big sentences on me Khushi when you yourself cannot fulfil a simple wish of mine.. I am no longer interested in going to Bali with you..

Saying that he pushed her away and locked himself in the bathroom. Her jaw dropped. He cancelled their trip? Only because she denied wearing his gift.? How fair is that?

********************

It had been another one hour and Khushi was now cooking for Dinner. She thought of making his favourite dishes but she hardly knew what he likes. There never came a chance when she can ask him that. So she made something which she was best at and thought he would like it too. She made heaps of Jalebi's.. Sugarfree ones of course and went to the bedroom again to call Arnavji down for Dinner. She saw him working on his laptop.

Khushi: Arnavji.. The dinner is ready...
He didnt respond anything..
Khushi: Arnavji.. chaliye naa..
Arnav: I am not hungry..

He said that without even looking at her. She sighed and quickly shut his laptop screen. That frustrated him even more .

Arnav: What the hell Khushi ( he screamed at her ).. Dont you understand when I say I am not hungry? Kyon mere peeche padi ho? ( Why are you behind me? )

That tone and pitch almost got tears in Khushi's eyes. She had so lovingly cooked for him and thought it would calm him down but he did not even wish to hear her speak. She rushed at the poolside and stood there looking at her own image in the water. Arnav closed his eyes trying to calm himself. No one's tears affected him ever, but her's. He walked out at the poolside and stood before her.

Arnav: No one has ever made me feel so miserable, like you do. ( he had no shame in confessing that)

She immediately met his eyes.

Arnav: Koi mujhe kisi baat ke liye inkaar karein, main bardaasht nahi kar sakta. Aur tumne aaj exactly wohi kiya hai Khushi. Fir bhi..Main tum se naraaz hoon, baat nahi karna chahta.. Tumhe ignore karne ki koshish karta hoon.. Par nahi ho paata.. Tum mera paagalpan hi nahi.. meri Kamzori bhi ho.. Shaayad issi liye.. main chahkar bhi tumse zyaada der tak naraaz nahi reh sakta.. !! ( If someone denies my wish, I cant tolerate it. And you have done exactly the same Khushi. Still.. I am angry with you.. I dont even wish to talk to you.. I want to ignore you.. But I cant do it for long..!! If you not just my Madness. You are also my weakness. And that is why.. Even if I want, I cant stay angry with you for long.. )

She was so much touched by those words.. Should she just say, everytime he confesses such loving things to her, a portion of her heart feels connected to her. After spending so many days with him, right from the first time they met, it feels like she doesnt have her heart anymore within her. It now beats inside Arnav Singh Raizada.!!