Part 46

Arnav: What the !!

Arnav Singh Raizada was shocked seeing so many people at the door of Gupta house.. This crowd comprised of their neighbourhood, few similar faces too which he had seen in his earlier visit here, the times when he used to stalk Khushi.

Khushi: Dariye mat.. Yeh sab humaare swaagat ke liye aaye hai.. (Dont worry.. They have come here to welcome us.. )
Arnav frowned at her but she happily got down from the car smiling at her people. Arnav was reluctant but that smile on Khushi's face made him realise he cannot step back now. He got down too. He could hear the neighbours praising his charm which was obvious. Few of them even complimented their pair which he definately liked. Preeto came forward and hugged Khushi and immediately after that she joined her palms said a "Namaste" to Arnav as well who just smirked. He hated to be in a crowd of unknown people like this, especially with the way they stare at you.

Nani came forward and greeted them inside the house. To be honest, Arnav had expected the neighbours to leave but it didnt seem to be happening. Few ladies entered inside with them. They were of Khushi's Nani's age.

Nani: Sit Arnav Bitwa.. They all are our neighbours. When they came to know you and Khushi are coming to stay for few days here, they couldnt hold themseleves from coming and welcoming you.

Arnav was seated while Khushi stood next to him smiling at the people. It felt so unique for her, though for her husband, this was totally insane. He was irritated with the noise those kids made who had accompanied their respective mothers and granny's.

An old lady who was elder to Nani, who could hardly even walk, came slowly to him and sat beside. Arnav Singh Raizada was very uncomfortable. This woman had Soda glasses and she was staring at him through the glasses as if she had seen some alien. She then very roughly pinched his cheeks with a smile.

Old lady: Bada sona Munda hai..Kitni khoobsurat aankhein hai iski. !! (He is very handsome.. How beautiful his eyes are)

Arnav was surprised when someone pinched his cheeks like that without any fear. He gave an angered glare to Khushi as if asking her for a justification on what was going on. She was equally understanding his concern but she cant help. She pleaded a Sorry through her eyes. He clenched his jaw trying to calm his anger. Anjali noticed the eye gestures of the couple. She was standing next to Khushi.

Anjali ( whispering): You are still a slave to him, arent you?

Khushi looked at her with a firm expression on her face.

Khushi: Di.. I dont mind being slave to my loving husband.. It's different whatever exists between us now.. Please dont judge it..

Anjali sighed in disappointment. She can never believe Khushi is happy with her husband no matter what he does for her. She left in the Kitchen. Nani dismissed the people from their house saying that Arnav and Khushi might be tired and would need rest. Once the neighbours had gone, she asked Khushi to take Arnav to her room.

The couple dispersed. He scanned Khushi's room. It was so opposite to his bedroom .. It was so childish.. His eyes widened seeing the photos of a 4 year old little girl who was playing in the sand, trying to make a sand house on a beach. Khushi realised he was staring at that picture.

Khushi: Thats me.!! Our family had been to Mumbai.. Its taken there. And this one.. ( she gestured the little boy who was slightly elder to her standing far off in that photo).. This is Akash Bhai.. Doesnt he look the same even now?
Arnav came there and picked the photo in his hand. He sroked his finger on Khushi's photo.

Arnav: You still have that same smile.. !!

A smile crept from her lips again as he openly praised her. He kept the photo frame back and turned around.. He was sweating a bit.. Khushi realised that.

Khushi: There is no AC in this house.. Do you want me to get one fixed?
Arnav: Dont bother.. Main theek hoon.. ( I am fine)
Khushi: ( pouted): I know you are hiding your uncomfortness. Even when that dadi pulled your cheeks I could see you were boiling in anger.. Our status is just not worth to welcome a rich classy man like you. .
Arnav: KHUSHI.. Do you want me to write and give you that I am really fine.. ? And dont talk about status to me!!! You are Arnav Singh Raizada's wife.. Whats Mine is Yours too..

Khushi felt releived that he really wasnt that uncomfortable. It was his goodness that he had agreed to do so much of adjustment. Nani knocked their room and entered inside.

Nani: Can I come in?
Khushi: Haan Nani.. Why are you asking? This is your house..
Nani ( getting inside): It is..But this room is yours and Arnav's now. Anyways.. Just wanted to thank Arnav bitwa for coming here to stay with us. ( she placed a palm over Arnav's cheek )

Arnav felt is wierd..This much love and attention, from an elderly, he never expected nor received.

Khushi: I will assist Di with the cooking.
Arnav ( stopped her holding the hand): Dont Go..

Her eyes widened by his gesture as he had hold her hand before Nani.. He didnt care.

Arnav: Stay with me!! (he added)
Nani: ( smiled ): Haan Khushi.. You dont need to do anything. Anjali will manage. You sit with your husband and make him feel homely by then. See if he needs anything.

Khushi had no option but to agree for it.

**********************

Anjali is in the Kitchen cooking Lunch for everyone. She is happy that her Sister is home for some days and she wants to take extreme care of keeping her happy. She knows how much foody Khushi is so the best thing to make her happy is to make her favourite SPICY food. But Arnav? He wont be comfortable with this type of food. But who cares? It is his lookout.. She started cooking. Her husband Shyam came there. He looked little frustrated.

Shyam: I just cant believe we are staying under the same roof with that man.. He has ruined my reputation once..He cant even speak with respect to people and we are going to treat him well in his stay here. How ridiculous is that..
Anjali: I know Shyam but we have to control ourselves. I am quiet only for Nani..Its hardly a matter of few days.
Shyam: Hmm.. Lets ensure we keep Khushi happy. She deserves our love and attention.
Anjali: I know..Thats why I am preparing her favourite dishes..

Shyam left to do some of his work while Anjali continued cooking.

**********************

An hour later

Khushi was folding their clothes and arranging them in the small cupboard. Arnav was busy doing his work on Laptop.

Khushi( murmuring to herself): He stopped me from doing my work.. from going out of this room.. and what is he doing? HIS WORK? Kabhi kabhi yeh humme samajh mein nahi aate,, ( Sometimes I fail to understand him)
Arnav: ( replied wihout looking at her): Sunna maine .. ( I heard it)
Khushi bit her lip and kept doing her work looking down. Akash knocked the room and came inside. One thing which Khushi noticed in her family members was that they had started showing some manners in terms of entering the room. Earlier they never thought before coming inside.. Now they never came without a knock.

Akash: Hi.
Arnav smirked at him while Khushi rushed to Akash and gave him a hug. Arnav stopped working as his wife had drew his attention on him. She was so casual with her family. What happens to her with him then?

Akash: (to Khushi): Kaisi ho? ( How are you)
Khushi: Theek.. But you tell me how is Lavanya?
Akash: She is fine..
Khushi: Did you ask her when her parents are coming back ? We need to get the marriage date fixed Bhai..
Akash: Yea. we will fix that later.. First lets have lunch. Di has arranged everything on the table..
Arnav : How did you come back from work so soon Akash?

Ofcourse how can Arnav forget , Akash was his employee. .And it was just afternoon, means too early for him to return back home.

Akash: I took a half day to spend some time with you all. But my work is taken care of. No need to worry on that.
Arnav noded. THe three then left for lunch.

**********************

Arnav was surprised to see the color of the food. It looked spicy.. He wasnt used to such food and morever it wasnt good to have such spicy food especially when he is not keeping well. Khushi too realises that very instantly.

Khushi: Di? What is all this? ( she asked in surprise)
Anjali: Your favourite food Khushi.. And its spicy too just as you like.

Khushi didnt expect her Jeeji to be so mean. She had made the food spicy and the rest of the items were according to Jeejaji and Akash bhai's taste.
Khushi: Di.. Arnavji cant eat spicy food. And his wounds are still fresh. The Doctor has denied to give him such food.
Anjali: Ohh..!! I thought both husband and wife will have the same taste. Me and Shyamji have the same taste.. ( she mocks)

Nani felt bad and Arnav just gave Anjali a cold stare. Khushi got more angry..

Khushi ( turning to Arnav): Arnavji.. Dont eat this.. I will make something for you.

She stood up from the chair but he caught her hand, stopping her.

Arnav: Relax... Sit..
Khushi: But Arnavji.. Yeh..
Arnav: Sshhh.. Yeh tumhaari pasand ka khaana hai na.. Let me taste it too.. ( Its your favourite type of food.. So let me taste it too)

He dipped the spoon in the dal and tasted it. The Dal was indeed very spicy but he gulped it down his throat.. Khushi got tears in her eyes seeing this sacrifice.

Arnav: Sit and finish your food.
Khushi gulped down her tears as she saw Arnavji having the spicy food quietly.. She ate very limited.. How can a wife eat nicely and be normal when her husband is in so much pain? She didnt even meet eyes with Anjali. She was that much frustrated on her sister. Nani was proud seeing the understanding Arnav showed today. Day by day her belief on Arnav loving Khushi was increasing.. Arnav ate some food and then left inside without uttering a word. Khushi followed him giving the same reactions. The moment they left, Akash and Nani started scolding Anjali for being so irresponsible.

Khushi passed Arnav towel and some more water to drink.

Khushi : Why did you eat it Arnavji? I would have made something else for you. It was not meant for you..
Arnav: ( holding her ): I have eaten worser food than this in my life.. Doesnt matter..

Khushi felt more pity on him.

Arnav: When you can eat pancakes and my other favourite food in Raizada house though you dont like them, why cant I taste your choice?
Khushi's tears rolled down her cheeks. She wiped them off gently..
Arnav: (Sighed): No wonder you cry so much.. !!
Khushi was confused..
Arnav: Now I understand where you get all these tears from.. Its from the spicy food you love..

She chuckles at that comment and that smile on her face relieves Arnav a bit..

Arnav: Lets get out of here.!!
Khushi ( again confused): You mean back to Raizada house?
Arnav: No Khushi.. I mean .. Lets go out for sometime. I am taking you for Shopping..
Khushi's eyes glittered..

Khushi: SHOPPING? (She screamed aloud)
Arnav: I need to get you some decent clothes to wear .. Not that I am complaining with your current ones.. But these are Khushi Gupta type.. I want to see how my Wife looks as Mrs Khushi Singh Raizada.. Get ready in uhh.. 20 minutes?
Khushi noded in affirmation.
Arnav: I am out in the car..

He left the room and she jumped with joy.. Was it really Arnavji who wanted to take her out? Really his Stubborness was fading off and she loved this new side of her husband. She knew what it means for him to show so much patience to their relationship, she really appreciates that.

*********************

Shopping Store

Arnav ( to the sales girl): That Red one.. Maroon .. And yea.. that yellow one too..

He pointed at almost every variety of Designer Sarees which he liked in the Store. Khushi was watching him with serious expressions.. He almost had buyed 14 sarees for her in this one hour of their shopping. They did buy few chudidar's too but hardly 2 or 3. He seemed to be very particular in his choice of clothes.

Arnav ( turning to Khushi): Anything else you want to buy here?
Khushi denied.
Khushi: Can I ask you something Arnavji?
Arnav: Hmm..
Khushi: Why Sarees? I mean.. Even when I asked you to pack my clothes, you only picked Sarees..
That was a very valid question she raised. Arnav teasingly smirked at her. His mind had so many statements already to let her know how beautiful she looks in Sarees..

Arnav: Sarees because.. Sarees mein.. tum badi WOH lagti ho.. !! (Sarees because.. In Sarees you look "THAT")
Khushi: WOH Matlab? ( That means?)
Arnav: WOH matlab WOH Khushi.. ( he tried closing the statement not wanting to say anything which might give her any wrong picture of his intentions.. )

He tried walking to the next counter but she held his arm ..

Khushi (Seriously looking in his eyes): WOH Matlab? (THAT means what?)

Arnav realised she wasnt going to leave him unless he answers her ..He gently leaned at her ears and whispered.

Arnav: CUTE.. You look Cute in Sarees. (He passed a lopsided smile realising she looked more that CUTE to him in Sarees but this is all he could say to her. Anything adding to this can scare her for sure.. )
She had a blush on her face. She still managed to meet his eyes.

Arnav: In dresses you look childish, not like my wife. I feel like I have married some small kid when you wear dresses ...Sarees makes you look matured..

She is completely satisfied with his justification. So Arnavji likes to see her in Sarees? She will wear them often in that case. He decides something in his mind suddenly.

Arnav: Lets buy some clothes for your family too..
Khushi: For everyone? ( her eyes sparkled again)
Arnav: Hmm.. Come..
Suddenly she started resisting.

Khushi: No Arnavji.. Its fine.. Lets not do that.
Arnav realises why she said so. He knows the family wont like accepting gifts from him.
Arnav: Lets tell them you bought it. Not me.. They will take.
Khushi:But why? Why do you want to buy for them?
Arnav: Just like that.

He pulled her to the men's section to make her select something for Akash and Shyam first.

********************

Gupta House

After almost 4 hours of shopping and having a healthy dinner outside, unlike the lunch menu, they return back home with loads of bags.. The Gupta family is stunned to know that Arnav and Khushi had shopped for them too. As decided Khushi tells them that it was her thought to buy for everyone but Anjali immediately retaliates.

Anjali: Stop lieing Khushi.. Dont we know these days you act like a puppet of your husband? It's he who wants to impress the family..

Arnav became agitated by her talks. Cant she ever think positive?

Arnav: Mrs Jha I dont impress people.. Its they who impress me. And its not so easy either to get in my good books. This shopping is not fruits of impression.. I just wanted to bring a smile on my Wife's face which I am successful in getting. Accept it or reject, I leave it on you people.

Saying that he left inside Khushi's room. Khushi was absolutely proud of Arnav Singh Raizada again. He wanted to bring a smile on her face? Man.. This Arnavji was stealing away her heart rapidly.. Nani asked the family not to make another issue of this moment and made them accept the gifts. Khushi walked in the room where her husband was. He had changed into his night suit.

Khushi: You really meant what you said outside? ( he tried not to concentrate on his laptop )..Boliye naa.. Did you really do it to get a smile on my face?
Arnav looked up from his lappy at her.
Arnav: Afternoon I saw tears in your eyes.. when I ate that spicy food. I hate when someone gets tears in your eyes Khushi.. But when you smile.. I feel better..

Khushi smiled wider and gently pinched Arnav's cheeks just the way that old dadi did in the morning today.

Khushi: Sacchi mein.. Bahut hi Sone munde ho aap Arnavji.. (Truly.. You are a very gorgeous man Arnavji)
Arnav was surprised when she so easily pinched him just like that without caring if it will make him angry or not? No wonder he liked seeing her living frank with him unlike before when she behaved so scared all the time.

Arnav: Your gorgeous Husband is haunted by Mosquitoes of Laxmi Nagar.. Uska kya? ( What about that? )
Khushi gigled..
Khushi: Aww.. Poor Arnavji.. I will get a Mosquito repellent for you.. One minute..

She was about to go out and get the repellent when he clutched her arms in his and looked at her intensely..

Khushi: Ar.... na... v... jii.?? ( She almost stammered looking in his intense eyes)

Arnav smirked loosening his grip from her.

Arnav: You have a solution to every problem of mine except one!!

She gulped down..He loved to see her expressions when she becomes seriously involved in his intenseful talks. She felt tickles inside her thinking what that One problem Arnavji had always been hinting her from the start.. !! He quickly shifted the topic. He turned her around to the bed ..

Arnav: I am talking about this problem.
Khushi didnt realise what he wanted to tell her..
Khushi: What?
Arnav: THE Bed Khushi.!! ( he clarified)

She was still confused..

Khushi: I know this is the Bed.. SO?
Arnav gestured her from his eyes trying to make her realise what he meant..
Khushi: Arnavji? Kya? This is my room..
Arnav: Okay.. I know this is your room.. But Where will I Sleep? ( he asked openly)
Khushi: You said whats your's is mine.. SO whats mine is yours too..
Arnav: Okay.. Then if I sleep on Bed .. Where will you Sleep?

She again didnt realise what he was pointing at..

Khushi: This is OUR BED Arnavji.. What do you want to say? I am not understanding?

He remained quiet for some seconds, giving her some time for self realisation.. Suddenly she understood. In Raizada house, he slept on Recliner and she on bed.. Here there is no such arrangement.. She felt little wierd for not realising it earlier.. She thought for a moment while he kept looking at her waiting for her to come up with some solution..

Khushi : Hum ne soch liya.. ( I have thought )..

She confidently replied..

Khushi: Lets share the bed.!! Fifty- Fifty..

Arnav's eyebrows raised high..

Khushi: I am not scared of you anymore.. ( She added)

The moment she said this, Arnav stepped towards her. It took a lot of courage for her to wait there and not step back or ignore his advancing steps.. He stood just a feet away , and kept looking in her eyes.

Arnav: Kya kahan? (What did you say?)
Khushi gulped and lowering her eyes she replied again.
Khushi: I said.. I .. I am not scared of you Arnavji..
Arnav smirked.
Arnav: Good for you. ( he gently murmured and then walked to the bed to choose his side)

She bit her lip again feeling embarassed and then rushed out to get the mosquito repellent.