Part 42

Arnav's silent expressions, especially the way he stared in her eyes, conveying her what her denial on even a simple matter means to him, made Khushi weak unknowingly. She might take time to understand her own feelings for him though. But she had sympathy for this man. Even after being so much of himself, he still got affected by her every action.

Arnav: I dont think you can ever understand this, forget it.

He was about to end that dress topic here because he didnt wanted her to end up wearing it only for his sake. Somethings were good only if agreed mutually. She immediately caught his arm before he could turn around and get back in the room from the poolside.

Khushi: Hum samajhte hai.. Humme bus thoda waqt chahiye Arnavji..

Though it wasnt a plus point for him, he could feel her seriousness in explaining him why she keeps denying everything he commands her to do. It was out of her comfort zone to wear something like that even though it was only before him.

Khushi: Hum bus abhi thode stressed hai.. Akash aur Lavanya ke pyaar ko lekar..

There she goes, he thought. She has time to think about everyone's problems, except their's..

Arnav: Did they ask you before falling in love? No right? Then stop making them hold on to it. They have to sort their own problems Khushi.
Khushi: I know Arnavji.. But I am really upset with Akash bhai. You know today I tried my best to convince him but.. ( she looked down feeling remorseful)

Arnav could never take that. Seeing HIS Khushi upset because of someone else is not something he can tolerate.

Arnav: (gritting his teeth): I will fire him from work if he doesnt listen to you. Tell him that.
Khushi sarcastically looked at him.
Khushi: Can you show some humanity Arnavji? Your way of sorting things will complicate it more. Forcing them for being together is not a permanent solution.
Arnav: (shrugged his shoulders): Okay, that was the best I can do in this matter. Whats your way of resolving this issue then?
Khushi: I want US to unite them both.. ( she stressed on the word "US")

Arnav was quiet for few seconds though he had clearly understood what she meant. Before he could even think of denying her, she immediately held his arm and started pleading again.

Khushi: Arnavji, you know they got seperated because of us. So its our duty to unite them now.
Arnav: I am not a match- maker. I am a Business tycoon Mrs Khushi Singh Raizada. You better keep me away from all this.
Khushi: Yehi hai aap ka pyaar? Aap ka paagalpan .. humaare liye? Bus bolne se kuch nahi hota Arnav Singh Raizada.. Prove karke dikhaana bhi padta hai. (Is this your love? Your madness for me? Only talking about the intensity of your love doesnt work Arnav Singh Raizada.. You need to prove that too )

Was she kidding him? He pulled her arm to meet his intense eyes.

Arnav: Prove Akash jaise log karte hai Khushi. Arnav Singh Raizada apna haq jataana jaanta hai.. Uss mein koi kami dikhe.. Toh mooh kholna..( Men like Akash need to prove their love Khushi. . Arnav Singh Raizada knows to impose his rights on people.. If you find anything missing there, then open your mouth, not otherwise)

She felt her stomach churning with his powerpacked, intenseful dialogues. Where does he create that from?

Khushi: Please Arnavji.. ( she pouted making a very very low expression on face)

She knew this was the last technique to convince him and she was indeed successful.

Arnav: Just for once I am going to assist you in this matter. If it still fails, I am not resoponsible. Neither will I let you poke your tiny nose between them again.
Khushi: (smiled wide): Arnav Singh Raizada try kare aur woh kaam successful naa ho? Aisa ho hi nahi sakta.. I promise not to ask your help again on this.. (Arnav Singh Raizada tries something.. and it doesnt succeed?? This is impossible. I promise not to ask your help again on this.. )

He felt his heart calming down seeing that smile on Khushi's face again.

Arnav: So.. What's the plan?
Khushi was excited to discuss it.
Khushi: Lets talk to Lavanya and Akash .. This weekend.. Now that the Bali tickets are torn. So. (she suddenly stopped speaking seeing his angered expressions again)

Yea.. he could see how much happy she was that they werent going to Bali.

Khushi: I mean.. Tickets can be brought again .. But..
Arnav: FINE !! Stop giving me excuses.. Tell your family, we are coming on the weekend to discuss over this matter.

Khushi jumped with joy..

Arnav: And.. After this is over, you are coming with me, wherever I take you. Manjoor ?( agree?)

Why does his every favour have a condition at the end? But anyways, she had no chance to deny.

Khushi: Manjoor hai.. ( I agree)

She quickly picked her phone and left out to inform the same to her Sister and Nani.

***************

Weekend - Gupta House

Arnav smirked at the Gupta family who didnt look very comfortable welcoming him or allowing him to sort Akash-Lavanya's matter, afterall he was the one who initiated this rift between the pair. Nani was the only one who seemed happy on his arrival.

Nani: It is very nice of you to be with us today Arnav bitwa.. Thats the sign of a True Son in law.
Khushi felt proud and it was clearly noticable on her smile.
Khushi: Where is Akash bhai? does he know we are all going to discuss all this?
Anjali: Yes. Thats why he has blown his face in anger and locked himself in the room in the pretext of work.
Khushi ( sighed): I will call him out. Did you check with Lavanya where she is ?
Anjali: She is onway. Will reach in few minutes.

Nani requested Arnav to get seated while Khushi went to call Akash bhai out.

Almost an hour passed, Lavanya and Akash were made to sit at the center of the room and everyone were busy looking at each other on how to start this topic. Finally Khushi took the lead..

Khushi: Akash bhai, we never thought a day would come when the family will get involved to this level in resolving the cold war between you and Lavanya. Your fight is no more only between you both, its hurting all of us.. Please give it an end Akash Bhai.. Forgive Lavanya..

That few sentences made Lavanya's eyes moist.

Lavanya: Dont blame Akash for this. Its all my mistake.. I should be punished. He is doing right by ignoring me and my love.
Anjali: You did wrong Lavanya, you for no reason made Khushi a scape goat and forwarded her to Arnav Singh Raizada.. And see what the consequences are today..
Khushi was stunned.. How can her Jeeji speak negative now ?
Khushi: Di.. Please.. We are here to end it.. Not give more air to the flame..

Arnav was burning inside with Anjali's sarcasm which clearly pointed towards him.

Shyam: Saali Saheba... Its hard for all of us to still digest the fact that you had to marry a man whom you dont like.
Khushi: It was past Jeejaji.. I didnt like Arnavji.. But now.. ( she immediately turned to see Arnav who was only looking at her and still very quiet) ..

She didnt get a chance to explain the family about her and Arnavji's present feelings for each other. Not that she was satisfied with Arnavji completely.. But still it wasnt that she hated him now.. She neither is scared of him anymore..

Nani: (interrupted): We are here to discuss about Akash and Lavanya.. Please dont include Khushi and Arnav's relationship here now..
Akash ( frustrated): No one needs to discuss anything further.. Its my life. .I know what I have to do..

Lavanya started weeping.. Nani feels bad and she tries to console Lavanya.. Khushi starts arguing with Anjali on how they were all spoiling the actual discussion and sidelining it by getting Arnavji's and her marriage in between. Arnav had seen and heard enough..He gets up in anger and screams aloud..

Arnav: ENOUGH!!

The whole family became silent suddenly at his voice rising.. Arnav strode in frustration to Akash who stood up too from the couch..

Arnav ( clenching his jaw): Are you a Man ? Arent you ashamed if yourself for saying this?

Akash and others were totally speechless..

Arnav: You say you have morals and values..? What sort of a moral do u follow when you tear apart a soul u love? (Akash was stunned).. Lavanya is a reputed doctor who was never bothered about her family status and was behind you all these days for your love and this is what you do in return??

Akash gulped hearing all this..

Arnav (continued): And wait a minute.. What are you all talking about? Lavanya ditched your sister's life? Really? Do you all think so? ( he caught Khushi's arm and pulled her to Akash ).. Man.. Look at your baby sister..She is very much safe and secure than you all can even imagine... If what you are doing to Lavanya is love then take my word Akash Gupta.. I LOVE MY KHUSHI more than you all can even comprehend. I wont leave my wife in lurch or make her shede tears infront of my family like a spineless man.

Khushi was clean bowled.. Did he just say he LOVED HER?? When did his attraction turn out to Love? Or may be this was something which even he hadnt realised it yet but in all this conversation, it came out from his heart.

Arnav had still not finished but seemed like he had already gained enough respect in the family's eyes.

Arnav: ( still looking at Akash): You talk about life and happiness when you dont have a moral and priniciple for yourself. Lavanya doesnt need you Akash. Its you who should repent for lifetime for losing her. And you.. ( he looked at Lavanya now whose jaw had dropped seeing Arnav Singh Raizada supporting her).. You are foolish nough to still think he loves you Lavanya.. Dont wait for him. Just find some good guy with a spine who supports you till end and not leave in the middle like he did.

He again looked at Akash.

Arnav: I have seen woman who ditch their own families and loved ones for materialistic things Akash..There are only a few who actually fight for their love.. Lavanya is one among them.. Dont lose her for such silly matters.

After his angry glare at everyone, he finally turned to Khushi who is frozen at his words, actions, behaviour and most importantly, his stand for Lavanya.. The expressions on Khushi's face made him think had he crossed his limits in advising Akash on this matter? He shook Khushi once who was still smilling unknowingly at him. Suddenly Nani came to them, and cupped Arnav's cheeks feeling over proud..

Nani: I was right when I prayed that my khushi had got the best man..Your thoughts today have confirmed Arnav bitwa.. That you will never leave my Khushi You will take this relationship of yours to a level where no one else would have ever imagined.. I have full faith in you. May Devi Maiyaa shower her blessings always on you.

Arnav doesnt speak a word. Nani kisses his forehead and he is left cold and numb. Never in his life he received such praises or love from anyone..Sometimes he feared to get attached to any human being so much that one day it starts hurting him. He walked away from the house unable to even meet Khushi's eyes after that. Khushi herself was so much in Arnavji's thoughts that she too didnt realise he was gone. The moment Arnav left, even Lavanya turned to leave. She is extremely happy that ASR talked on her behalf. He wasnt that cruel as people thought he is. He knows the need of love and emotions in a human's life much better than a normal person would. She was about to step out of the door when Akash stopped her.

Akash: Dont go..

His eyes were wet just like hers. Akash had realised the importance of Lavanya in his life and ofcourse whatever Arnav told had opened his eyes and made him forgive Lavanya and start fresh.

Akash: I am sorry La.. I exxagerated everything.. Forgive me..

He joined his palms which Lavanya quickly moved away not letting him feel so low. She had no qualms on him. Her love for him was too stronger which is why she gave him another chance to build their relationship. Anjali and Shyam were happy too and at the same time they had also seen a new face of Arnav Singh Raizada today. What they couldnt sort from weeks, he did it within minutes by keeping his opinions before them.