Part 30

Laxmi Nagar

Aman nervously greeted the Gupta's and sat on the couch before them. There was pin drop silence for few seconds. It was evident that the Gupta's were unhappy about this proposal but what is he supposed to do? ASR had sent him here to finalise the wedding preperations.

Aman: Uhh.. Is the Pandit been called?

None of others replied but Nani.

Nani: Yes. He will be coming here any moment.
Anjali: But before that I want to know few things from you.
Aman ( little scared): From me? What.. ?
Anjali: We know you are that Arnav Singh Raizada's Manager. You almost see him everyday, you know how he is.. what his nature is.

Aman realised where this topic would lead into.

Aman ( Quickly interrupted):Uhh.. Can we please just talk about the wedding? I am not supposed to speak anything apart from that .
Anjali ( in anger): How can you be so heartless? Ohh. I forgot . When you work so closely with a heartless man, you are bound to be so.
Aman: ASR is not heartless. ( he replied in rage)

The family were shocked to see that kind of frustration from him. Aman cooled down and tried handling the situation..

Aman: I am sorry.. Its just that I cant hear such hurtful words against ASR..
Anjali: Dont you see how much he is hurting Khushi?

Shyam held her hand and tried to stop her from speaking much. He can handle this, Anjali doesnt need to spoil her mood .
Shyam ( patiently replied): Look Aman.. We are really not happy with this marriage. We all know Khushi is doing it only for our happiness but we are worried for her.
Aman: I know Sir.. But you dont have to worry for Khushi Maam. When she will realise what ASR really is, she will manage to make things right.. In her life as well as his.
Nani: But what if its too late? What assurance can you give us Aman that he will not harm Khushi?
Aman: Naniji.. I know ASR from 8 years. He is beyond anyone's understanding. He is introvert, doesnt share his feelings with others so well. But one thing I have noticed in him is that, since the time he has met Khushi Maam, he doesnt think anything apart from her. I am sure he will never hurt her once he is assured she is with him forever.

Nani was understanding the situation slowly. May be they would need little more time in knowing about ASR's true feelings for Khushi. Was it just possessiveness or was it beyond that? But that doesnt mean Nani will keep waiting. She does have a feeling everything will go well but based on the Pandit's words the other day, Khushi's married life will have some major ups and downs first. Only after that she and her husband will lead a peaceful life. If Arnav Singh Raizada was really destined for her then she will ensure that her grand daughter is safe from every upcoming problem with him in future.

The Pandit arrived and as decided, 14th February was the date decided for the wedding. Hardly 3 weeks were left out for the preperations. Aman learnt about all the rituals that Arnav Singh Raizada will have to undergo to get this marriage completed with full traditions. He was just unsure if ASR will really follow all this so easily.

****************

Next Day

Khushi was with Payal at her home. Payal's mother just wished her happily. She hardly knew Khushi was doing this marriage only for the sake of keeping her family happy .

Payal's Mom: I am so happy you are getting married to such a rich and successful man. Kaash Payal ko bhi aisa koi mil jaata.
Payal: Maa please. Can you leave us alone?
Mom: Okay okay. You both talk. I will send some snacks in your room.

Payal's mother kissed Khushi's forehead once again blessing her and then quickly made her way out. Payal locked the door and returned to Khushi with the Invitation card.

Payal: Are you mad Khushi? This is insane. What is wrong with you ?
Khushi: Payal please. I have already decided. The preperations are On and I dont want anyone to question me again and again on this topic. Please understand my situation.
Payal: I do Khushi. Thats why I am saying you this. Dont just marry because he is forcing you. Marriage is not a joke. Will you be able to spend a lifetime with such a man? You know he is Psychic.
Khushi : He is under treatement, I am sure these medications will cure all his problems.
Payal: Khushi..?
Khushi: Dont worry Payal. Sab theeek hai.

Payal could feel Khushi's pain. She quickly hugged her best friend trying to comfort her. Khushi needed it. She hugged Payal back controlling her tears. With this little conversation with Payal, she remembered of yet another important task .. She will have to complete that too.

****************

Arnav Singh Raizada was at his office working, though his mind was still making plans of those lovely days he gonna spend after Khushi becomes his wife. His cabin door was knocked. Who the hell was here to disturb him? Hadnt he told not to be disturbed? He angrily stared at the door which opened but his anger cooled down seeing his Khushi there. She looked nervous as usual.

Arnav: When is your face going to glow sweetheart? We are getting married in few days. Cheer up. ( he smirked)

Khushi clenched her jaw but she knew her anger is not going to work before Arnav Singh Raizada.

Arnav: Let me ask Aman to take a special SPA appointment for you. That will help relax your body.

Was he just teasing her? Whatever. She doesnt care.

Khushi: Will you accompany me ? I have to distribute our wedding card to someone.
Arnav raised his eyebrow in surprise and stood up.
Arnav: And that someone is?
Khushi: You will know when we reach. I will wait down at your car.

She was about to leave but he stopped her by his next sentence.

Arnav: I dont have time for all this. If you have cards to get distributed, drop it to Aman, he will do the needful.
Khushi ( turned back to him): Is Aman marrying me or you Mr Raizada?
Arnav: ( frustrated): Shut up Khushi. Dont talk to me like that.
Khushi: Then dont say something so foolish.. Didnt I tell you, we have to fulfill everything rightfully in this marriage? Which includes you accompanying me to invite people who are close to me. I cannot just send them the invitation by a mail or post.

Arnav: (angrily stepping out of his chair) : Fine. Stop blabbering like that. Come.

He clutched her arm and took her out of his cabin. She stopped him, moved his arm away and then walked ahead. He sighed in frustration and followed her.

****************

Arnav stopped the car and parked it aside. Both of them got down together. Khushi ensured to collect the marriage invitation card..

Arnav: This is your important person?
Khushi: Yours too I suppose!!
Arnav: Never. She was just my Doc. She gave me treatment which I am not continuing anymore. And I paid her for that.
Khushi: But she is the one who made me meet you..Thats what you told her, didnt you?
Arnav ( gritting his teeth): Come to the point Khushi.
Khushi: My Point is.. ( she stepped towards him).. Respect her. Just like you are going to respect each and every member of my family henceforth..
Arnav: Excuse me?
Khushi: Yes Mr Raizada. Dont be overwhelmed.. I am serious . I am doing this marriage for them, their happiness. So they deserve respect from you..
Arnav (smirking): Aah haan. You have learnt quite a lot from me in a very less time.. A give and take relationship, is it ?
Khushi: (Sighed): I dont know how much you know about marriage and its importance.. It might be just signing legal papers for you, or sitting before the holy fire for an hour or so. But marriage is far beyond that Mr Raizada. It just doesnt bind two people for 7 births, its binds their families too, it binds their responsibilities, and divides their problems.You will have to indulge yourself in ensuring my family is always safe, just like I am going to participate in your life's problems..
Arnav: I dont need anyone else to share my problems. I am enough to deal with them alone. Neither I am interested in making you responsible for my deeds. But.. We will definately share togetherness Khushi. And that too for a lifetime. So if you want me to respect your people, I will. Not a big deal. Come..

He walked towards Lavanya's clinic, Khushi kept following him thinking if he would really keep his words. When the entered the clinic, they could notice Lavanya's shocked face. She had not expected them to be here and definately never together like this. Khushi came forward and hugged Lavanya gently.

Lavanya: How are you? (her voice was weak)
Khushi: Not too bad. Why did you stop coming home? I know Akash bhai and you fought but you just dont share relationship only with him. There are others too..

Arnav looked at the watch. He was already getting bored of their emotional talks. How can Khushi afford to waste so much time? His time..!! Doesnt she know he has work to do. She is not his only priority..!!

Arnav: Make it fast Khushi..
Lavanya fumed .. She just could not tolerate Arnav SIngh Raizada's dominance over Khushi.
Khushi: Lavanya.. We came here to give this..

She handed the wedding card to Lavanya who had already seen it before.. Arnav Singh Raizada had shown it first to her few days back .. How can she forget that? But all that was secondary. What surprised her was the fact that Khushi was presenting it to her .

Lavanya: What is this supposed to mean Khushi? This card? You accepting this proposal? Have you lost your mind?

Before Lavanya could brainwash Khushi more, Arnav came forward and stood beside Khushi holding her hand.

Arnav: Why is it so hard to accept it Lavanya?
Lavnaya: Because I know you as your Doctor.. And I also know Khushi.. This is the most imperfect match..
Arnav: (Clenching his jaw): You should have thought that earlier before instigating Khushi to assist you in treating me. Its too late now.

Arnav would have continued but Khushi immediately clutched his arm and pressed it gently. She was gesturing him to remember what they just spoke outside.. About respecting her family and people she know..

Arnav: ( composing himself): So Dr Lavanya Kshyap.. You are cordially invited for the wedding, it wont affect me if you dont make it , but Khushi will feel nice if you be present. Choice is yours.. Chalo Khushi.. I guess our work here is done..

He was about to drag her but she stopped him..

Khushi: One minute.. There is one more thing remaining ..
Arnav kept staring at her to know what was next.
Khushi: (looking at Lavanya): When is his next appointment Lavanya?
Arnav: Excuse me? What did you ask ?
Khushi: You heard me right Mr Raizada. I am fixing your next appointment because its necessary you complete your treatment..
Arnav: (Angrily): There is no treatment.. I just consulted her when I wanted to..
Khushi: Now do it for me.. Please...

She requested this in a very humble way.. Arnav was pissed off. He didnt utter a word on this topic but said something else definately to Khushi.

Arnav: Make your own way back home. I am getting late for my meetings..

He gave one last stare to Lavanya and then walked out of the cabin.