Part 39

Khushi made Anjali sit on the Couch.

Anjali: Khushi I know its late to ask you this but I am still doing it.. Are you really happy with your decision of marrying a hot headed man like him? I dont feel very good about this. I always keep thinking about you.. If he is treating you well or not? If he makes you cry for silly things? If he doesnt care your feelings? If he.. (her list of complaints would have continued but Khushi clutched her arm )
Khushi: Di.. Hum khush hai!! (I am happy).. I know he is not the kind of man whom you expected to come in my life, I know he is hot headed, he gets angry easily, but he is madly fallen for me.. I wont say its Love.. Its too early to say that. But whatever it is, I run in his body like blood. He will never harm me..
Anjali (sighed): And this ? (she pointed at the bruises on Khushi's wrist)..Isnt he responsible for it?
Khushi (smiled sarcastically): This is not because of him.. Its due to my foolishness.. (she chuckled remembering how she became a Jasoos today morning and spied on what her husband was doing in that cottage in the suburbs area )

Arnav Singh Raizada came down holding a Champegne bottle. Khushi was startled seeing him, especially because she was just portraying her husband clean and nice before her Anjali Di and he was spoiling his impression.

Arnav: Hello Mrs Jha..!! (he smirked sitting next to Khushi who stared at him with wide eyes)

Arnav exactly knew what his wife was pointing at.

Arnav: I hope you dont mind the bottle Mrs Jha..
Anjali: Even if I did, I can hardly say anything. My sister cannot listen harsh words for you.
Arnav: ( smirked with surprise): Thats because she is my Wife now. Not your innocent sister whom you can brainwash!!
Khushi: Arnavji? What are you saying? ( she became extremely serious not wishing to have an argument here)
Arnav: Relax Sweetheart.. I wont fight, I promise. Wont you get some snacks for your darling sister?

Khushi was not willing to leave her Di and Arnavji alone. She knew Di doesnt like him and vice versa. What if they fight in her absence. But she cannot ignore her ethiquetes of welcoming the guests of the house. She got up and left in the kitchen..

Arnav (turning back to Anjali): Mrs Jha.. So what made you come here? I suppose it was just yesterday that you had met Khushi.
Anjali: I am her sister, you cant stop me from meeting her.
Arnav: I wont mind until you dont feed her wrong about me or our marriage.
Anjali: Are you even treating her well that you are making such big statements ?
Arnav ( losing his mind ): Were you the one who told her to demand not to share the same bed with her husband?

Anjali was stunned hearing that. Khushi made such a demand.. ?? She can relate why her little sister must have raised such a need but did Arnav accept it ?
Anjali: No I didnt teach her that.. But I am glad she stood up for herself.

Arnav clenched his jaw seeing Anjali smiling.

Anjali: I was simply worrying, Khushi seems a fighter now.. She knows where to keep people who are forced in her life. (She kept smiling feeling extremely happy that at least here she and her family won from this Raizada )
Arnav: How long do you think she is going to keep this distance ? ( he smirked trying to win back their conversation)
Anjali: ( sighed): I just hope whenever she decides to wipe off the distance, you have become worth her love.

Whatever she said, touched Arnav's heart. He kind of became speechless. LOVE? For winning Khushi's heart he will have to LOVE her ? How was he supposed to do that? Whats the difference between his addiction and this so called Love which Anjali Jha was speaking about? LOVE was only a bookish word for him, an imaginary feeling which he never felt from his heart. There was no one in his life till now who could make him realise what True Love is. Even when he was with Sheetal earlier it was not Love. It was different. It was very casual for him to have Sheetal beside him everywhere he went, everyone he met. But was it the same when he was with Khushi? May be not. With Khushi, it had always been different. Right from their first meet till today, he was remarkably been attracted to every aspect this woman carried. .Her beauty, her expressions, her voice, her language, the way she got scared, the way she showed courage at times, the way she said "Hey Devi Maiyaa" in the hope to seek solutions to her problems.. he was crazy for everything she did.. !! So was this Love?

His thoughts were disturbed when Khushi came back from the kitchen and placed the juice and some snacks on the table before them.

Khushi: Di, you still didnt tell me the purpose of your visit?
Anjali: Arre haan.. What are you doing this weekend?
Khushi was about to say she was free but Arnav caught her hand, stopping her from speaking further. He took the honor of responding.
Arnav: We are going to Bali Mrs Jha..
Khushi's eyes widened with surprise.
Khushi: Bali?
Arnav: Yes Sweetheart.. I gave you a choice to decide where you wished to go, you said US.. But the Visa procedure might take time.. So Bali is good. Visa on arrival for Indians!!
Khushi didnt understand how to react. Not that she feared to go alone with him. But still, she was not sure what their agenda in Bali would be. Had it been US, she would have still options to know more about his past life.

Arnav: So Mrs Jha
Khushi ( interrupted): Mrs Jha kyon Bolte rehte hai.. Di kahiye naa!! (Why do you keep calling her Mrs Jha.. Call her Di.. )
She insisted. Arnav's one look was enough for her to understand he was not happy with her suggestion.
Arnav ( turning back to Anjali): Now that you know what our plans for weekend is Mrs Jha.. I hope you have got your answers..
Khushi: Will you allow Di to speak? She didnt even tell us why she asked me for the weekend.
Anjali: Your husband is always in a hurry to show his rights on you Khushi .. Anyways.. weekend we were planning to make Akash and Lavanya meet . Its high time they sit together and sort their internal problems. You know Akash is still hating Lavanya for what happened.

Khushi's face became dull..

Anjali: We thought it would be nice if you had been home with us that time. Akash and Lavanya both are close to you. So you could have helped. But if your husband has already made plans then I wont come in between. I should leave now. Nani is alone at home. You take care.. Theek hai?

Anjali got up to leave. Khushi and Arnav got up too. Khushi hugged her sister and then left her till the door. Arnav could finally take a sigh of relief . He poured the drink in the glass and gulped it. There was nothing as relaxing as that. Khushi came back to him. She looked tensed..

Arnav: Kya hua? ( WHat happened?)
Khushi: Arnavji.. Can we just postpone our Bali trip?

He stopped drinking, giving her a sarcastic stare. She cant be serious about it, can she? Khushi sat next to him and held his wrist gently.

Khushi: Please try to understand. Akash bhai is my brother and Lavanya has done a lot for us. How can you forget she is the one who made me spend time with you? Whatever has happened between her and Akash bhai is because of us. Its our duty to patch them up again.

He kept the glass down and immediately cupped her cheeks looking directly in her eyes. .

Arnav: Your intentions are pure Sweetheart and I respect that totally but I am not letting your emotions for the family burn my heart. You kept the condition of sleeping seperate, I unwantedly agreed but no more conditions from your end after this. We are married and I am very desperate to spend some time with my wife. I am not going to let you intrude in some family matters and ignore me and my heart for that. Nothing is going to stop me from taking you to Bali this weekend. Do you get me ?

She felt an unusual tickle within her when her husband so lovingly explained what he wanted from her but she was equally feeling terrible that she was not going to help her family patch up Akash Bhai and Lavanya. She moved his hands away and got up. He stopped her again.

Arnav: I take that as a disrespect Khushi. I just said something and you are walking away without even acknowledging it?
Khushi: Who am I to disrespect you Arnavji? Your words are my commands. I will follow them no matter whose heart I am going to break for that.

She walked away.

***************

Almost 2 days had passed but Khushi had still not come out of that grief for not being able to help her family. But inspite of that she tried her best to pretend she was happy to go to Bali with her husband. Arnav seemed very much excited. He had been busy re-scheduling his meets so that in his absence there isnt much pressure on his Managers. Aman Mathur was at Raizada Mansion today for the fnal handover from ASR before he leaves on his vaccation.

Arnav: I want you to keep an eye on Kumar. We cant afford to lose him Aman. He is dangerous.
Aman: Yes Boss.. But he has still not opened his mouth on who has paid him to kill you, even after the torture from your guards. I dont think he is going to let that truth out so easily.
Arnav: Someday he will. He must have a family. Get them before him. He will speak out what we want to know..
Aman noded. Khushi who was just passing by that room heard everything. She was unhappy with what Arnavji was trying to do with Kumar's family. She interrupted standing at the door.

Khushi: Arnavji hum aap se iss baarein mein kuch baat karni hai.

Arnav was highly raged when she spoke in between his affairs.
Arnav: Mujhe nahi karni hai.. OUT
She felt hurt. Aman lowered his head not wishing his Boss's wife to feel ackward being scolded before him.
Khushi: Hum bahar hi hai.. (I am standing out only)

That surely mellowed him down a bit but before he could get up and reach her, she angrily rushed downstairs..

Arnav: ( back to Aman): I shall be in touch after we reach in Indonesia (Bali).
Aman: Yep.. have a good time Boss.. I will leave now..
Aman left and Arnav followed him down to see where his wife was. Hari Prakash entered the living room to sweep the floor.

Arnav: Where is Khushi?
HP: She just went out ..
Arnav: ( angrily): OUT ? WHere?
HP: I.. I dont know.. She didnt tell anyone.
Arnav was again frustrated..
Arnav: Did she take the car?
HP: Nahi .. I asked her but she said she will take a Cab.

What the hell was he supposed to do of this girl. Why he has to remind her of their status always? He picked his car keys and rushed out to reach her.

*****************

She had walked almost one Km away from Raizada house in the rage of how Arnav Singh Raizada behaved with her. Finally when she realised she should be taking a Cab or Auto to go to Gupta House and that she had walked enough, she started waving her arm to stop the Auto that was passing by. It didnt stop but a red posh car stopped right at her feet making her tremble with fear of being dashed. She stepped behind as the window glass slide down and she saw the person inside was Aryan Roy..

Aryan: Hello Khushi.. What are you doing here? Need a ride?

Khushi had no idea how to react. Once this man was her crush, but after what happened in the party and the way he spoke to her about class , he lost his impression in her eyes

Khushi: No Thanks. I will manage.
Aryan ( getting down the car): Ohh come on Khushi, dont think so much. ASR knows me, he wont be angry if I drop you somewhere. Aur waise bhi .. Agar usse apni biwi ki phikar hoti toh woh tumhe akela kabhi nahi chodta..!! (And by the way... If he cared for you so much, he wouldnt have left you alone to find a ride then)

Khushi: He is busy in work. Otherwise.. ( she was about to defend her husband but Aryan interrupted)
Aryan: Please come.. Lets talk in the car..

She was totally hesitant but she still chose to take the lift. She was in a hurry already. She sat inside. He drove the car.

Aryan: Actually its not your fault.. ASR hai hi aisa.. He doesnt care a woman's feelings.. He is very weak in that.. Thats why Sheetal left him and came to me..

Khushi was shocked.. She looked at his face in confusion. He glanced at her and then continued...

Aryan: Why are you seeing me like that? As if you dont know Sheetal is my girl friend. Ohh man.!! ASR didnt even tell you this? I am not surprised. He is used to hide everything about himself from everyone else. He is such a lonely man.. I wont be surprised if one day we read in the news that his wife means YOU left him too..

Khushi was very much frustrated by his nonsense..

Khushi: Stop the car!!
Aryan: What?
Khushi: I said.. STOP THIS DAMM CAR ( she screamed in anger)

Aryan for some seconds felt like ASR himself was speaking to him, Khushi used that level of high tone. He stopped the car.

Khushi: You have no rights to comment on my husband Mr Aryan Roy.. I know what he is.. Instead of filling my ears against him, you better concentrate on your Girlfriend. If she can chose to leave Arnavji and come to you, she can leave you someday too. So start preparing for that.

She opened the car door and hired an auto from the Auto stand to reach Gupta House. She doesnt need her husband's enemies for help.