Part 53

Marriage Day Morning

The Gupta family were so much busy today. The Mahurat was at Afternoon. And the marriage was in a nearby wedding hall . Shyam was getting Akash ready. Anjali was assisting Nani to get the important things loaded in the car which they had hired and decorated specially for today's purpose. It was only Khushi who was kind of missing not in terms of her presence but in terms of concentration. She seemed to be in some busy thoughts,

Anjali: Khushi ? What's wrong? We have so much work to do. Kya hua?
Khushi: Nothing Di.. ( she tried to concentrate back on the work)
Nani: Anjali bitiya..Try to understand she is waiting for her husband to return so that she can give this good news to him. Hai Naa Khushi?

Nani's teasing was making her more conscious now. She didnt know how she was going to talk to Arnavji about this pregnancy news. Suddenly the White SUV stopped before their door and Arnav Singh RAizada got down the car. He asked the Driver to park the car aside as they would soon need it to do to and fro in the wedding hall from here. He saw his wife watching him from the group. Without any delay he reached them. He bend to take Nani's blessings. That was something which he had learnt from his wife.. In the past 3 months whenever he and Khushi paid a visit here or whenever Nani came to meet them, he always took Nani's blessings. She was the only elderly woman for them now.

Nani: Jeete raho beta.. Did you come directly from the Airport?
Arnav: Had been home first. How's the wedding preperations going on? I hope Aman is assiting you people here..

Anjali frowned. SHe never liked so much unnecessary efforts put by Arnav Singh Raizada and showing off his status by making his people work in their house at their functions..

Nani: Aman has taken care of everything here in your absence. Thank you so much for assigning him all this. We wouldnt have managed to do it without you and him.

Arnav smirked. He always liked people appreciating him. He smiled at Khushi who was still very cold and calm. That charm on her face was missing. But she still looked very very gorgeous today in that Dark maroon netted saree. Nani realised she should be giving the couple some time to be together.

Nani ( blushing):Uhh. .Khushi give me this.. I will do..
She took the stuff from Khushi's hands and then dragged Anjali away from this couple. Arnav stepped towards her and moved her hair falling on her face aside.
Arnav: WHat have you done to me Khushi?
Khushi ( confused): Hum ne kya kiya?
Arnav: You took away my sleep all these nights when I was abroad. I dont even remember since when I started getting used to you so much that without you beside me on the bed, I dont get sleep.
Khushi smiled weakly.
Arnav: Meri zaroorat toh tum thi hi Khushi.. Ab meri Aadat bhi ban chuki ho.. I am not leaving you here during my next Business trips. We will travel together. Doesnt matter when and where.. !!

Khushi was stunned.. She will have to travel with him? Even in her months of pregnancy? Will that be safe? Damm!! What was she thinking? She will have to tell him about it first.

Khushi: Lets get inside. I have to speak to you..
Arnav: Abhi? Shouldnt we be going to the wedding hall now? We are getting late I suppose..
Khushi: Haan par...
Arnav: Lets talk on the way. Come..

He was about to take Khushi with him to the car when suddenly Shyam stopped them.

Shyam: Saali Saheba.. Where is Akash's other Kurta which he has to wear during the Pheras?
Khushi: Ohh.. Its in my cupboard.. I will get it. Excuse me..
SHe had to leave Arnav for a moment. He didnt mind. He knew after this wedding was over, she was all his..
Shyam ( smiling weakly): When did you come?
Arnav: Few minutes ago..
Shyam : Hmm.. Uhh,.. From past few days I just wanted to say something to you. .

Now this was a Surprise for Arnav.. Almost everyone wanted to speak to him.. Did they all miss him so much..

Arnav ( placing his hands in pockets and leaning against the car): I am listening..
Shyam ( taking a deep breathe): Our wives are sisters.. They share a very good bond but we both have always been bitter to each other from the start. I just like the other family members thought you ruined Khushi's life by marrying her. But now things are different.. Khushi loves you and you too. When she is happy with you who am I to show hatred towards your relationship. So.. I just want to say that lets forget all the past and stand with each other in future.. Just like two son's would for their in laws..
Arnav (smirked): I am always standing for this family Mr Jha.. I am sure you too. I usually dont believe in all these relationships and all. But Khushi's entry in my life has changed few of my hard beliefs.. So.. if you are willingly showing this gesture of wiping off the bitterness between us I am okay to step forward.

Shyam was happy..

Shyam : Great.. So in that case , you too should help Akash in getting dressed for his wedding..
Arnav: Excuse me?
Shyam: Yea. Why not ?You are his Jeejaji too just like I Am.. I know Akash is your employee too but today relationship should come first. What do you think?

Shyam wasnt wrong, He just wanted to include Arnav in all these little moments of happiness.. He might never have got this chance before as Arnav had always lead his life alone, without any family.. Khushi came out with the Kurta.

Khushi: Jeejaji.. here it is..

She handed the Kurta to Shyam but Arnav instantly took it from her. Khushi was surprised..

Arnav: Come.. ( he gestured Shyam to get inside with him in AKash's room for assistance)
Khushi: Ek minute.. Where are you going Arnavji?
Arnav: Apne Saale Sahab ko taiyaar karne.. Give me some time baby.. I will be back.. Okay?

He softly touched her cheeks again almost giving her shivers as Shyam was watching the passion in their love. She didnt wanted him to leave her especially not at this moment when she had to share this important news but she was happy that Arnavji was participating in this function as a Daamad of the house.. She didnt wanted to snatch away his responsibilities.. SHe agreed..

****************

Khushi and Arnav had to leave for the wedding hall in seperate Cars. Arnav insisted the family to use his decorated car for taking the groom to the wedding hall. So Shyam, Akash and Arnav left in his car with the Driver whereas Khsuhi had to come along with Nani and Anjali in the other hired car.. She was still very quiet.. Nani realised she hadnt got time to speak to Arnav about her pregnancy..

Nani: Khushi dont be so tensed.. After the wedding is over, tell him about it when none of us will be around.. It's the most awaited moment in every couples life.. It should be shared only at special times.. Not in the presence of such a huge crowd. Understood?

May be Nani was right. SHe had no idea how Arnavji will react to the news.. SO it was better she speaks to him in other's absence..

**************

The wedding was finally over .. Akash and Lavanya were now a happily married couple. The Bidaai was done, all this time Khushi and Arnav hardly got time to even be with each other. In a brother's wedding the sisters are always busy and not in one place, he thought. The baraat came back to Gupta house and Lavanya was welcomed inside officially as the bahu of the Gupta's. The post marriage rituals were performed and also the newly married couple were kept engrossed in playing all the games for fun.. Arnav scanned the room to see if Khushi was around. He was tired and hoped he would now take his wife back home and spend some quality time with her which he missed all these 6 - 7 days when he was abroad. He stopped a little boy who was running outside the house..

Arnav:Where is your Khushi jeeji?
Boy: She is in that room ( he pointed)
Arnav patted the boy's back and then got up to enter that room. The moment he reached there the relatives started blushing at him.. They had just come to know about Khushi's pregnancy from Nani .. Arnav was confused. Khushi was little tensed still when she saw him entering the room.

Nani: Chaliye.. Hum sab bahar baithte hai.. Dulhan ke saath ( Come . .Lets sit outside with the bride)

Khushi kept holding the Thali of Ladoo's in her hand looking at Arnav nervously, as the other family members started leaving the room one by one. She was just hoping this was the right time to inform Arnavji about her pregnancy. She had no clue of his reactions but she cant hide it from him. The sooner he knows this, the better she would feel.

Arnav: Whats wrong with everyone? Why were they blushing at me? Anything wrong with my face? ( he casually asked)

Khushi was as calm and quiet like an Ocean since the time he had returned back. He quickly spotted her uneasiness and then took away the Ladoo Thali from her hand and kept aside.

Arnav: You look stressed.. Over worked in my absence ? (he gently stroked her cheek with his finger)

She closed her eyes trying to get that strength and courage to speak out.

Khushi: ( keeping her eyes closed) : I am pregnant Arnavji..

The moment she said this, Arnav's grip on her arms loosened.. She opened her eyes and met his.. She wanted to know what he felt.. She wanted to understand each and every expression on his face right now. His look at her showed the signs of surprise and a high voltage shock. She could see his lips parting away as if he wanted to say something but he couldnt.. He looked at her so differently.. This unknown, unsatisfied look of his was killing her slowly from inside. What was it supposed to mean? Wasnt he happy? Yes she knew he didnt wanted a child at this stage but its happened now.. They cant change it. Does he understand that? Will he accept that? Arnav looked at her stomach which looked no much different from normal times but the way he stared in her eyes again made her confuse. She could see him clenching his jaw.. That surely never happened unless he was angry. The very next moment he left her arms and walked away from the room. He left her? Without uttering a word? What's that supposed to mean? No.. She cant let him leave her like this.. SHe started running behind him but the relatives stopped her to know where the roses were kept which had to be used to decorate Akash's room tonight. SHe didnt reply them. SHe couldnt.. She was so much tensed at the moment. She kept watching Arnavji as he left the corridor of their house and went out.

*******************

A FATHER? He was going to be a father ? How should he take this news? Hadnt he made it clear to Khushi that he didnt wanted a child at this stage? But it was not her fault only. But he wasnt ready right now.. Not to take this new responsibility.. Just recently he had started to build a healthy relationship with Khushi. He had started understanding the values of having a family. Now a sudden introduction to a BABY? That was a huge change and he was not very happy to welcome it with open arms.. He banged his fist on the car bonnet closing his eyes tight. He stayed quiet.. Silent.. as if trying to analyse the other side of the coin.. And the only question which arised in his mind right now was "Will he let his child have the same fate of being an UNWANTED child?"