Part 13

The securities pulled the 6 year old Arnav out of the Dark elevator. He seemed to be breathing hard. The crowd moved ahead to see if he was fine but he was looking for his mother. Suddenly Claira Raizada, came forward pushing the crowd and kneeled down to him. Arnav hugged her tight. He was scared and very much needed his mother's warmth. She thanked the Securities, picked him up and walked to their car. He remained glued to her until she made him sit forcefully inside the car at the front seat.

Claira: I told you not to leave my hand. Why did you run then? Saw what happened because of this one mistake? You got caught in that elevator alone and wasted people's time in rescuing you. Mumma had to attend a Party Arnav and you made her miss that.

He looked down apologetically on the ground. He could see how mad his mother was for landing in such a situation.

Claira (pulling his chin up): Now Say Sorry before I get mad. Come on.

He was shiverring due to the impact of that elevator accident and now his mother instead of calming him down, was making him say Sorry ?

"S.. orr.. yy Mom", he murmured. She looked satisfied. Locking the car door, she drove him back to their home.

Flashback Ends

Khushi: Hey.. Watch out..

She screamed aloud getting him back to the present world. He took a rough turn and applied full brakes to stop the car at once. They were about to hit a truck coming from the other direction but luckily saved. She had closed her eyes to avoid witnessing this accident and when everything became quiet suddenly, she opened her eyes.

Khushi: Where was your attention ? We could have lost our lives.

He was already frustrated remembering his past and now Khushi did the same mistake which his mother did that time. Scolding him rather than calming him down. He angrily punched his fist on the Steering wheel.

Arnav: Shut Up... One more word and I will throw you out of here. I hate when girls keep bickering and cribbing like this. Cant you just be quiet and docile?

His eyes had turned red as if the anger within him could come out in the form of some brutal action anytime. She did not wanted that to happen. She moved back in fear ,almost hiting back the car door and cocooning herself from him. There was complete silence for some seconds and then he realised what he did. Why was he taking out the anger on her? She was not at fault. He moved behind and sat straight on his seat, looking ahead through the glass. She gulped down the fear within her and passed him a bottle of water.

Arnav: I am not a Car engine who can cool down intaking water.

He shoved off her hand not taking the bottle from her and started the car again. She remained quiet .He and his mood swings. Even a pregnant woman is better than him. At least she doesnt scream all the time for no reason.
As usual he parked the car little away from her house. She got down and expected him to say something but it never happened. The moment she got down, he drove away. The last thing she saw him doing while getting down was lighting his Cigar. He did that always when he was tensed. That may cool his temper down.
_________________

That was his third drink . He had no control over himself today since the moment he remembered the past. And that one incident cross connected the other ill events of his life and landed him into such a terrible position that he could not let it go away from his mind so easily. He skipped his office and secluded himself at this Private Pool bar which was just outside his bedroom French Doors. There was a knock at his door which pissed him off. He threw the bottle at the open door , almost scaring the servant who was here only to give a small peice of update. The servant moved back and in a shiverring voice told Arnav that some girl was here to meet him. He didnt care. He didnt wish to see anybody. He was not in a mood, nor in a state to make such proffessional meets. But the moment the Servant took Khushi's name, Arnav's eyes shot open. Khushi? She came here? Why? He took the bottle in his hand and with stumbling steps, marched downstairs to meet her.

Khushi was quite nervous. She had never thought of coming back in this house especially remembering her first visit, when he had almost kidnapped her from the college and got her here only because she had taken Aryan Roy's autograph..She saw him getting down. She moved a step back seeing the bottle in his hand. She had no idea if she had come at the right time or wrong one. Before he could advance to her, she told her the reason she was here.

Khushi: My.. my locket is lost.
Arnav: I am not a thief. ( He gulped the drink once and moved forward)
Khushi: I didnt mean that. Actually I am sure I lost it in your car. I was holding it in my fist when that accident was about to happen. But later in our talks I dont remember when it...

He had already reached her and he quickly placed finger on his mouth gesturing her to shut up. She became quiet instantly because there was no chance she can ignore his commands especially when he is so much drunk.
He held her hand and took her slowly towards the stairs. She had no idea why. She kept walking. May be he had found it and he kept it safe in his room.? Well, this was just her assumption. He was going to stumble but she caught his hand at the right time. He was very much drunk. Why do people drink so much that they cannot even walk on their own feet without support? He took her to his room, a dark room with grey white interiors. It was lifeless just like he was sometimes when he remembered his past. She was little afraid. Never did she thought of reaching this place and she would never have come here if that locket wasnt lost.

He left her hand when they were at the center of the room and took steps towards the closet. He slid the door open and then with some force opened the side drawer. She was waiting and scanning the room by the time, the bar at the poolside and the rest of the interiors. She had never seen such a huge bedroom in her lifetime. It looked so royal and classy though it thoroughly needed some good colouring which can make it lively. He came back to her and stood a feet away. SHe extended her hand to take the locket back which she hoped he had got from the closet but nothing happened like that. He wrapped his arms around her neck to tie the ends of a chain having a diamond studded heart pendant in it. She was stunned. She touched the pendant and kept looking in his eyes. He was busy tieing. WHose pendant was that? WHose chain was that? This is not hers. She cannot take it. Why was he tieing it then? She had many questions but all the answers only he had. He finished his task and admired the glittering pendant for some time in her neck. She didnt know what to ask. She wanted to take it out for which she moved her hands to untie but he caught them.

Arnav: Put it on.
Khushi: No. Its not mine.
Arnav: It's not yours . but . its for you.
Khushi: What? Me? Why? No.. Its expensive. I cannot take it.
Arnav: I cannot take it back either. Leave it on you. Its meant only for you.

He was stumbling again. She held him. It was so clear that he was going to become unconcious soon. His eyes were sleepy and his energy was draining. She tried snatching the bottle from him but he denied letting her do that.

Khushi (Angrily): You want me to wear this? Then give back the bottle..

Arnav smirked. Did she just tried making a Deal? Bottle for a Pendant? He allowed her to snatch the bottle and keep it aside. She dragged him to the bed and then made him lay down. She removed his shoes because wearing them and sleeping can be real uncomfortable. He was just watching. She didnt know why she was doing all this. She removed his shoes and then covered him with the quilt. He caught her hand.

Arnav: Mat jao Khushi. (Dont go Khushi..)

He seemed to be like a 6 year old kid who was scared of darkness and needed his mother to be alongside until he sleeps. She could not free her hand and thus sat on the bed, little away from him, waited for him to doze completely so that she can then leave. When he saw her sitting next to him, feeling assured, he closed his eyes and slept off. She waited there for almost few more minutes, watching his sleeping face and thinking what must be the reason that he built himself into this kind of personality? He might be rude, arrogant , dominant man for the society but within he had a heart of a small boy who just needed love and affection. Nothing else..

***********

Next Day

Khushi: I could not leave it there unattended Lavanya. The way he made me wear it symbolized it is precious to him.

Lavanya looked at the glittering pendant which Khushi was now holding in her hand. She could not wear the chain and pendant for long. The moment she had returned back home last night ,she removed it off and kept it safe with her.

Lavanya: Khushi, now I believe we are on the right track. He is opening up with you slowly. That elevator incident and the way he made you wear this chain shows he is trying to tell you something. I am sure very soon you will know the real reason why he is so. And then I can treat him properly. We can turn him to a normal human being.
Khushi: And after that Lavanya? WHat about me ? What will happen if he comes to know I am just helping you treat him and this way I am helping myself come out of this mess? What will he do if he comes to know I started getting close to him only to get him isolated one day? Will he accept that? Will he allow me my freedom again?

Lavanya had no response. Wish she could tell Khushi that all will be good. She herself didnt had any idea what the future beholds for Khushi but one thing was definate. Arnav Singh Raizada will not let her go that easily. Never!!

Khushi's mobile started ringing. It was HIM. She showed her screen to Lavanya and then moved aside to attend his call.

Khushi: Hello..
Arnav: Where are you? I told you "Not to Go" then why the hell did you leave? You were waiting for me to get unconscious , didnt you? You cheated me? How dare you Khushi?

Khushi:(Angrily): I didnt cheat you. You fell unconscious because you were over drunk and I didnt ask you to drink so much. How can you blame me for that? And once again let me remind you Mr Arnav Singh Raizada. We do not share any such relationship which can allow me stay with you.. This cannot happen.
Arnav: dont talk to me like that Khushi.

She became quiet..He understood he had spoiled her mood. He calmed his anger down.

Arnav: Are you still wearing that pendant?
Khushi: No... I am holding it in my hand though because I have to return it back to you. I dont owe it.
Arnav :You cannot decide its fate..Wear it again.. NOW..
Khushi: I wont.. Why should I? If you think , you can win my heart by giving me expensive gifts then you are wrong Mr Arnav SIngh Raizada.. Thats impossible.
Arnav: It is possible. WOMAN cares only for Money and Gifts. They are so damm predictable.
Khushi: Then you havnt met the right Woman yet .. I am not among them.. I dont care how rich you are or how expensive gifts you plan to give me all the way.

Khushi was really angry because she never thought he thinks her so low. Arnav was controlling his anger too. He had not expected Khushi to deny this gift, but if she has done it now, means she really was different from the other woman he had met until now.

Arnav: I am sending my Car at the same place where I drop you most of the times. Just get in and come to me.
Khushi: What? Why?
Arnav: Just do it Khushi.
Khushi: No I cant. What will I tell home?
Arnav: I have dropped a message to Payal already. She will handle it. Just come here.
Khushi: Thats forcing !!
Arnav: Not yet.. And dont make me try it again. I have some work for you here. Just come..

There was a silence from her end for some seconds ..

Arnav: You are coming, arent you?
Khushi: Hmm. (she replied with a heavy heart).. But I cannot stay for long.
Arnav: I wont force you either to stay long. Now come.. !!

She cut the call looking at Lavanya who herself seemed helpless.

Khushi: I should leave.
Lavanya: Do you feel safe around him Khushi? If not, then lets stop this. I feel this has no end.
Khushi: I dont know Lavanya. Let me see why he called. I hope nothing too hard for me to digest. I will ring you later. Bye.. !!

Lavanya hugged her and waited till she left her clinic. Only God help this innocent girl now to treat and train THE ASR..