Part 23

"Blue"

"Red"

Their choices mismatched. The Store keeper seemed confused on what she needs to show next but Arnav cleared her doubt.

Arnav: Red please.

The store keeper left to find some suitable outfits as described by ASR for the party.

Khushi: You said buy anything I want.
Arnav: I am still sticking to that. But color should be my choice.
Khushi: Whats wrong with Blue ? Its my favourite. It symbolises Peace and purity.
Arnav: And Red for desire and passion .. Which of course , is something I have for you. So Whats wrong with my choice then?

Whatever he said, his eyes expressed it to her. But even then she didnt stop arguing.

Khushi: Red also stands for anger which you keep throwing on everyone unnecessarily, including Me. Thats why I dont prefer it.
Arnav: (Sighed but didnt give up): My Party.. My girl.. My choice. Which is RED.

Before she could react, he turned her around because the store keeper was back with the designer dresses for her.

Store keeper: Here it is Sir.. The finest cloth and designs.. Just the way you like..

Khushi was mesmerised seeing the dresses. They were so NOT her standards. They were decent enough but highly priced and very delicate to handle. She feared even to touch them.. Arnav was reading her mind. He clicked his fingers to get her attention.

Arnav: The dressing room is there!! ( he pointed )

Khushi kept staring at him for a while.

Khushi: I .. I will wear this?
Arnav noded confirming a Yes while folding his arms.
Khushi: Do you think by gifting me such expensive clothes you can buy me ?
Arnav: Correction Miss Khushi Gupta.. What belongs to me, I dont buy it again and again. Now if you stop straining your mind with such absurd questions, can we proceed? I dont have enough time to spend here.

He handed one dress to her and dragged her to the Trial rooms. She had no option to deny him at this moment. She should have done that earlier. But she had no idea he would buy such expensive clothes for her which she wont even wear more than 2 hours. He waited anxiously at the door for the moment when she would come out wearing that outfit. He heard her soft cry, may be she was finding difficulty in wearing it.

Arnav: ( banging the door): Do you need help Khushi?
Khushi screamed from inside the room.
Khushi: No..

He didnt bother her again but kept waiting. The door opened and she came out but in the same dress she had wore, not the new one which she was asked to try. Her face seemed low and before he could ask her the reason, she extended the dress towards him. He looked at it and realised the dress was torn.

Khushi: I didnt do it on purpose. It just.. I .. I am..
Arnav was little angered because this dress had really been his favourite among all. It was modern, stylish and suiting his standards but may be a girl like Khushi can never understand its worth.

Arnav (in frustration): I hope this wasnt ON Purpose. As I said, I have other work too. Pick something up yourself for the party.

He snatched the dress from her hands and threw it down on the floor. He walked away to the Store keeper to ask her guide Khushi in the selection and then left the place. Khushi felt bad but she really didnt mean to spoil that dress. The Store keeper took her back to the selections but Khushi really had no mood after all this.

**************

Gupta House

Anjali and Shyam had come to know about ASR's car bumping in their vicinity and he being treated here at their home by Nani and Khushi. Anjali still could not believe this was a coinicidence. Something was hidden which she was unable to recognise. Lavanya knocked the door.. Anjali welcomed her. They talked for sometime and then she left her with Khushi for a while.

Khushi: He is throwing a party tomorrow.
Lavanya: I know that..( she removed the envelope and waved it before Khushi) .. I am been invited too..

There was a smile on Khushi's face knowing this.

Khushi: Really? Ohh Thank God. I thought I will be left out alone..
Lavanya: No.. Dont worry. I will be around but you know we cant talk so freely.
Khushi: Yes. We will be cautious. But Lavanya you have no idea how I am handling all this. I keep telling lies to my whole family whenever He calls to meet me out. I dont like it.
Lavanya: (placed her hand on Khushi's): I know Khushi. And thats why I feel we should tell them now about what is happening. I really feel guilty at times to put your life in danger like this.
Khushi: You didnt put my life in danger Lavanya. Its just that my fate is not favouring me. And even if it wasnt you, do you think I would have been in a better position anyway? Such crazy people are hard to tolerate but they are equally unavoidable.
Lavanya: Hmm. So whats the plan? I mean what are you wearing?

Khushi's face suddenly glowed up ..

Khushi: Something which I can be comfortable in.. (she smiled happily rushing to the cupboard to show what she purchased for the party)

***************

Weekend Party

The party was grand as Khushi had expected. Arnav Singh Raizada spends money lavishly almost in everything he does. She got down the Cab which ASR had sent to pick her up , as usual at the same spot where they always meet. That was the safest zone for them. The unknown people walking inside the venue , the camera lights, the reporters, were scaring her now. She had never been part of any such celeberation before. She felt out of place but the thought that Lavanya was already here made her feel better.

She was greeted by an unknown man who looked quite decent enough in his expressions and communication. She had seen him before.. Probably in ASR's office.

"Hello Maam.. This way please..", he gestured her to walk ahead..

Khushi: Aap?

"Aman Mathur, I am ASR's Manager."

He escorted Khushi inside the Venue where again she saw lot of rich people flaunting their profits in talks. Arnav was standing with few respected gentleman but his eyes were continuously glancing at the door, waiting to see His Khushi. The moment she stepped in a gust of wind blew on his face, disturbing his professional talks. He saw her and since then he could not take his eyes off her even for a second, that was his condition. She was wearing a red designer saree .. Classy and stylish yet maintaining her levels of simplicity and charm which was the biggest asset of Miss Khushi Gupta. He stepped towards her slowly, not letting his gaze drop even for a moment. She had seen him too and Aman Mathur left the scene after watching his Boss advancing towards Khushi. THis was so awkward for her. Whenever she met his eyes she could feel some uneasiness within her because he was probably the first man who had openly agreed he likes her. That made her conscious everytime he gave her such intense stares.

Arnav moved the girls away who wanted to talk to him and get some of his attention and kept advancing towards Khushi. She felt like running away from this place and hiding somewhere because the situation itself was so.. so .. electrifying.. She had no clue what would be his comment or reaction at her choice of outfit for this party. By the time she was still pondering over all this, he reached her.

Arnav: You look beauuuuutiful..

She gulped down her nervousness and tried to stablize her heart which thumped in anxiety.. She saw his arm advancing towards her and she quickly stepped behind. Arnav noticed that and definately wasnt happy..

Arnav: I wouldnt have made a better choice than this Designer Saree. You should wear such often.. When you are with me.. !!
Khushi just smiled and kept fiddling with the small purse she clutched in her hand. Suddenly she heard Lavanya's voice..

Lavanya: Hello ASR..

Seeing Lavanya she could take a relaxed breathe.
Arnav: Hello Dr Kshyap.. Meet my special guest..!! Khushi...
Lavanya and Khushi had to fake as if they didnt knew each other. Lavanya quickly passed a hug to her and then they smiled .

Lavanya: Ohh .. So she is one who has captured your heart these days..

Arnav didnt comment.. Khushi purposely started asking him about Lavanya..

Khushi: She is your Dr? I mean what kind of Doctor?
Arnav didnt hide the fact..
Arnav: She treats my Psyhic side. She is my source of anti-depressent medicines. Thats an enough introduction I suppose.

Khushi had no wonder knowing this from Arnav's mouth that he really is undergoing some therapy to get his uncontrolled mind treated.

Arnav: Excuse us Lavanya..

He held Khushi's hand and took her away..

Khushi: Is it necessary we be together all the time in this party?
Arnav: Why? Girls die to talk to me and you prefer staying aloof?
Khushi: They dont know your mental condition, I do. The day they come to know, they will follow my footsteps..
Arnav: Its not good to keep reminding a psyhic patient about his imbalance. You are provoking him to go against your wishes then..
Khushi: I just dont want to get captured in any camera's with you. We have different identities and I will be glad if you let me stay away from your world.

They kept walking slowly ..

Arnav: You have been called to be by my side. Thats your role for tonight.. Dont avoid that.
Khushi: I would be comfortable being around than by your side. Please.. !!

He didnt like her decision but he was understanding her point of view too. If she wants to keep their relationship hidden, he would prefer it so because until she is meeting him, spending time with him, he had no objections in giving her some privacy.. He stopped..

Arnav: Okay.. But Dont talk to men here. Stay close to my sight and dont drink anything which you are offered unless I am the one who acknowledge its good for your health. Understood?
Khushi was not expecting him to agree but when he did, she smiled happily.. That was something she did for the first time in his presence, around him.. A smile which was full of her.. full of the real Khushi Gupta.

Arnav (smirking): And dont give this million dollar smile to everyone.. Reserve it .. ( he leaned at her ears to continue.. ) Just for me!!

He looked at her for few seconds before leaving her to enjoy this party at her own pace..

**************

Arnav opened the Champegne bottle. He was surrounded by his business officials with their empty glasses. He poured the liquid and toasted for the new deal.. Khushi was just observing him from a corner. She was given Orange juice by Aman on ASR's command. She was enjoying it alone. Arnav toasted the drink looking at her once and gulped it down. The crowd started cheering him and the other partners of his company which he recently made. Lavanya came to Khushi and stood by her side.

Lavanya: I hope he doesnt drink more than his capacity.. You know what happens after that. And by the way why are you staring at him like that? Are you getting attracted to him Khushi?

Khushi looked at Lavanya with saracasm..

Lavanya: Okay.. dont be mad at me.. At teenage girls like you have crush on men like him. Its quite natural to fall for a man like that who is classy, intelligent, handsome and little older to you.
Khushi: Are you treating him or he is treating you ? Are you mad? I cannot fall for him.. He is totally mad, rude, over hyped, possessive and dominant man like him. He is not my type Lavanya.. And neither my reach.. His qualities scare me.. not impress me..
Lavanya:I understand..

Both the ladies laughed heartily..Arnav who still had eyes on her, was little taken back seeing his Dr and Khushi talking for such a long time and laughing like best buddies. He gulped another drink and kept thinking what was the missing piece here?