Part 49

Khushi bandaged the bruise on his hand very softly, gulping down the tears formed in her throat remembering how painful the last night was for Arnavji. His secretive nature was one of the main reason why she cannot afford to let him alone even for a while. She knows his temper, he is worst when someone pulls his wrong nerve. He cant tolerate people digging his past. He gets wild remembering the nightmares of his childhood. Something major had happened then which is why he was so much affected even now.

Her tear drop fell on his wrist while she bandaged, dragging his attention over it. Until now, he was busy reminscing the fact that Khushi had finally shown some interest in getting their relationship forward. This was a positive sign for him. But the moment he felt that cold tear drop on his wrist, his smirk faded.

Arnav: Khushi Rona bund karo.. Please..( Khushi.. Stop crying .. Please..)

She wiped her tears instantly obeying his orders which once again surprised him. Since when did she start following whatever he asked? She closed the lid of the First aid box and got up to leave. Arnav blocked her way as Khushi tried to walk past him. She took it as a coincidence and turned to his right to move from there. He repeated his actions. She concluded he was not going to let her go that easily. She stopped there but her eyes were still glued on the floor. He pulled her chin up with his fingers.

Arnav: Now look at me..

She obeyed him again. Within fraction of seconds, she met his eyes.

Arnav: Maine tumhe bahut pareshaan kiya naa? ( I troubled you a lot )
Khushi pushed his fingers off her chin gently.
Khushi: Humme aadat ho chuki hai ab.. ( Now I am used to it)
Arnav: Should I do something to make you feel better? ( he genuinely asked)
Khushi kept staring in his eyes.
Khushi: You cannot do it. Chodiye.. ( Leave it.. )
Arnav: There's nothing which Arnav Singh Raizada cant do for his Wife.. ! ( he stated proudly)

Khushi folded her arms and took a deep breathe as if getting ready to assign him the next task..

Khushi: Soch lijiye Arnavji..!! (Think again Arnavji)
Arnav: ( pulled her arm again so that she lands towards him): I dont think when it comes to YOU!! ( he replied huskily)

She gulped down the uneasiness she felt suddenly by the mixture of his pull and the texture of his tone..

Khushi: (meeting his eyes): Toh phir theek hai.. Humse Maafi mangiye... Kal raat ki harqat ke liye.. Infact un sabhi bure bartaav ke liye jo aap ne humaare saath kiya hai.. ( Then fine.. Say a Sorry to me.. For last night's act.. And infact for all those bad behaviour which you have keep throwing at me right from the time we met)

Arnav: What the !! ( he angrily muttered)
Khushi: (sighed in disappointment): See.. I told you.. You wont do this.. No matter what happens..

She angrily left towards the closet and placed the First aid kit inside. She had to leave back to her home with Arnavji or else the family will start worrying for them. Until now they had no idea that she and Arnavji spent the last night here. The moment she turned from the closet, she was pinned back there by her husband. She was surprised. She hadnt expected this..

Arnav ( looking intensely in her eyes): Take back your wish. . Replace it with anything else but this!! ( he commanded)
Khushi: Why? Only because you cant do it?
Arnav : Because I dont believe in it.. ( he stated gritting his teeth).. I dont believe whatever I did with you was wrong.. I know what I was going through.. You became over emotional last night and followed me here. Its not my fault totally.. And regarding the behaviour I showed you all these months since we met, it was necessary .. Or else you wouldnt have been my Wife today.. So I dont want to apolozise for anything I dont feel I have done wrong.

Khushi: There you go!! If you dont feel you have done wrong.. Then you really dont need to apolozise Arnavji.. So its fine.. You dont have to do anything to make me feel better as well. Lets get back home. Nani will worry simply..

She struggled to come off his grip. When she couldnt, she stopped her actions and looked at him again.

Arnav: I dont want to go there. Lets be here. Just the two of us. ( he purposely hinted)
Khushi dropped her gaze and noded a Yes.
Khushi: But we will have to bid them bye properly. Even I dont want you suffer in that house in terms of food and living style. You belong here.. Lets see them off and get our luggages.

Arnav readily agreed. These days his wife was becoming docile. Not that he disliked it. But he missed that ferocious nature of hers which she kept flaunting earlier. These days it looked like she was accepting the things whichever comes in her way, without much fuss. Somewhere that pricked his mind.

****************

Khushi had picked the medicine bottle from the Closet which last night Arnavji had injected to himself. She just wanted to ensure whatever medicines he was undertaking were as per the prescription. After biding bye to her family and ensuring them of coming back again sometime to stay like this with Arnavji, she and Arnav settled back home. Arnav had to make some decisions about his Mother's presence in Delhi and hence he left for work to give Aman Mathur strict orders on what their next steps should be. Likewise Khushi used this time to meet Lavanya in her Clinic.

Lavanya thoroughly checked the medicine and then replied back to Khushi.

Lavanya: No way.. This is not something which I have prescribed to ASR.. And this is not good for his health either. Its like a drug which can affect his nervous system if constantly used.
Khushi ( tensed): But he used it as an anti-depressant. I have seen his anxiety cooling down after he injected himself with this.
Lavanya: It functions as you have told me, but its harmful for human body on regular dosage. Avoid him injecting this to himself.

Khushi noded weakly.

Lavanya: Look Khushi.. I know you are worried for him and as a wife I can see how much efforts you are taking to get him out of all this stress. I would say take him out for a vacation. Not like you had in Gupta house. ( she chuckled).. Just the two of you.. Anywhere where he can feel the bliss of staying with you alone. I mean.. I know what he feels for you.. And I also know what you have started feeling for him.. So I dont see a harm if you guys go for a vacation like this. Think about it..

Lavanya was right. And now that Khushi had given a go ahead for their relationship too, vacation would just do the needful. Arnavji is already very stressed these days. This little holiday should help him come out of it. And who knows may be he opens up his past to her and allow her heal it during this process?

******************

Raizada House

Arnav finished the call with his Client and sounded like he was unhappy with the way their deal was progressing. Whenever he attends such irritating calls, he always ends up smoking to calm his anger down. He started looking for the Cigaratte packet which usually lies just around the corner of the table. But today it wasnt there.

Arnav: Khushi?? ( he screamed for her to come and assist him in finding it)

Khushi rushed inside the room to know what he wanted.

Arnav :Where's the Cigaratte packet?

Khushi sighed heavily realising it was just behind the books on the table which Arnavji probably failed to notice. She picked it up and waved it before him raising her question.

Khushi: What is more important to you? These or me?
Arnav: What kind of question is that? Give me the packet Khushi. ( he extended his arm to get the packet from her)
Khushi: ( moving her hand behind not allowing him to get it back): Quit Smoking Arnavji.. Forever. I know you are not a chain smoker .. But even then I want you to leave this bad habit for me.. Will you?

Arnav was quiet. Probably he was controlling his anger. Khushi could read that from his face.

Khushi: What are you thinking so much Arnavji? I just agreed to accept you as my husband, cant you do this much for me? (She raised a very valid point)

Arnav very gently reached her and pulled her towards him. He was able to snatch the Cigarette packet from her fingers too. She couldnt even resist him.

Arnav: Smart move Sweetheart.. !! I thought you are accepting this relationship unconditionally. But it doesnt look like. First You made me promise you, never to inject myself with those anxiety suppressents and now you want me to quit smoking? What else have you stored in your list next ?

He was too wicked to learn all her motives but she too wasnt naive. She didnt fear him anymore.

Khushi: Next one is in your favour Arnavji.. We are going to Bali like we planned before.

This one statement surely made him gulp down. BALI? With her? On a vacation? Was she serious? She managed to snatch the packet again from him, he was that lost in thinking about the trip.

Khushi: So?? What have you decided? Me and you in Bali or THESE ?? ( she said waving the packet again before him)
Arnav: ( pulling her back): Wicked Lady.. You know how to get things done from me these days, dont you?

She felt a shiver in her spine as she met his eyes now. There was so much it spoke to her even if they were hardly close enough to each other. Arnav lovingly gazed her eyes... nose and her cheeks which quickly made Khushi realise something urgent..

Khushi: Hey Devi Maiyaa..I have kept Dal on the burner.. Leave me..
Arnav: No.. ( he sternly replied)
Khushi: Please.. ( she pouted like a kid to get his sympathy)

Arnav sighed and left her arm. This woman was on a full roll to set his life right and get him on track, away from all his bad habits. If that was the cost for wining her forever, he was ready anytime.

Khushi: Thanks .. ( she hurriedly left but he called out her name again making her stop at the door. She turned)

Arnav: There are few more packets in the closet if you want to throw them off. I am not smoking anymore ( he replied smirking at her)
Khushi smiled at him.
Arnav: Start packing for the trip. Baaki ki baat wahan jaake puri karenge..!! ( Rest incomplete talks.. lets complete it after reaching there)

Khushi clearly realised which unfinished talks he was telling her about.. She tried to hide the blush on her face and hurried downstairs. Arnav kept smirking for some more time. Looks like some good moments are on his way.. He had turned everything upside down to win this woman and today he felt like that day had finally come when his Khushi had realised what she meant to him.

He picked his phone to make a quick call to Aman.

Arnav (on call): Aman book tickets for Bali.. Me and Khushi are going to spend a short vacation there.. ( he happily announced)
Aman: Wow.. That sounds nice ASR.. How Short by the way?
Arnav started thinking.. This was something he cannot count just like that..
Arnav: Umm.. Make it a week. I suppose till then we can also settle down Claire Thomas outside my premises. I dont want her to come here.
Aman: Cool. I will make all the necessary arrangements ASR.. So.. Uhh?? You want me to get some outfits designed for you and Khushi Bhabhi for the trip? Its Bali afterall..
Arnav was already flying high with the mere thought of going out on such an International trip with Khushi.

Arnav: No.. We will manage.. Book a Beach Resort. .And yea.. I dont want any visitors there.. You get that? No phone calls.. No business calls.. And most importantly.. no guards too. I can manage to take Khushi on my own there without the need of any security.
Aman : Without security ?Wont that be risky?
Arnav: Khushi is my lucky charm Aman.. I dont need to worry about my life when I have my life is beside me, holding my hand.. Got it?
Aman smiled. Since when did his Boss started making such meaningful statements?
Aman: Alright Boss.. The tickets will be on their way soon. You take care.. Bye..