Part 34

The first satisfaction which Arnav Singh Raizada received was when he applied a pinch of Sindoor on Khushi's forehead.. This was something which he always wanted to adore her in right from the day he had understood its signifance from Khushi. The next satisfaction he got was when he tied the holy chain which the people here called Mangalsutra, on Khushi's neck. The final and the umost level of satisfaction was acheived when he took the seven Pheras with her around the holy fire while everyone else present in the wedding, showered the flower petals on them. These rituals were funny but he liked fulfilling them, may be because he was not alone in all this. He had his Khushi with her.

When the Panditji announced that they were now husband and wife, Arnav gestured Aman to do something which he had already planned. Aman though wasnt much sure if this was good to do, he still had to obey his Boss's orders. He removed some heavy cash bundle and handed it to the Panditji who was surprised when it was offered.

Panditji: Yeh Kya hai beta ?
Arnav: Suna hai log yahan khushi se daan karte hai. Aap ne mujhe meri Khushi di hai.. Toh phir mera bhi kuch farz banta hai aap ke taraf!! Iss se dakshina samajh kar le lijiye .. ( I have heard that people here in this country, donate money when they are happy. You have given me my Khushi today.. So even I owe you this.. Consider it as a Donation and accept it)
The Panditji already knew the status and the high temper of Arnav Singh Raizada, he simply couldnt deny him. He took the cash and then kept it aside. The Gupta's didnt like that attitude which Arnav showed that too before all the public.. Khushi also was against what he just did . But she was already in a state of nervousness that she was now married to him and she will have to leave her family, her home and start staying with him in his lavish palace.

The Bidaai was much fancy for Arnav where he saw every member of the Gupta family and even their neighbours weeping .. Why was it so hard for them to just see off Khushi? She wasnt going miles away from them.!! But the moment he saw Khushi crying too, hugging her friends and family, his fancyness turned into seriousness. May be it was really hard for any Indian woman to leave her family and settle with someone else. He chose not to utter anything and allow this so called procedure to happen in its own fashion. Nani came to him wiping off her tears.

Nani( joining her palms): Arnav bitwa.. Now Khushi is your responsibility. Please take care of her .If she does any mistake, forgive her.

Did he have to speak in this situation? May be .. Yes!!

Arnav: No one else can keep her happy other than me.. Trust me when I say this !!

Once again Khushi sensed so much pride in his talks. She still ignored it and then got seated inside the car with her husband...With Arnav Singh Raizada.. The same man whom she feared once, the same man whose name itself got goosebumps all over her body.. the same man whom she hated to spend time with.. Today .. her destiny had merged with his fate.. This was just the beginning and she prayed there would be one day when she will sort everything in their forthcoming life..

****************

Raizada Mansion

Aman stopped the newly wed couple at the door step.

Arnav: What now Aman?
Aman: ASR.. Khushi Maam cannot enter like that... There are few traditions which she has to complete here.. One second ..

Aman called out the maid who got a Rice Kalash and placed it before Khushi's feet. Khushi was aware of all this. She kicked the Kalash slowly and stepped her leg into the big plate of Red Vermillion paste. Finally she stepped slowly into the house. Arnav was just watching her do all this with much enthusiasm..She walked few feet and then stopped not understanding what she had to do .Arnavji had no relatives who could take her inside and do the other formal gestures like taking her to the room and getting her seated there.

Aman: uhh..!!
Arnav: What ?
Aman: Khushi Maam.. should be escorted by someone till your room ASR..!!
Arnav: I will do that myself!! No one else needs to take that honor..
Aman: But..
Arnav: Aman.. Your assitance in this entire marriage process is greatly appreciated.. Now.. I can handle this.. Good night.
Aman: Okay.. As you wish Boss.. Good night..!! And once again Congratulations.

He left the house.. Arnav removed the flower garland from his neck and placed it aside. He came to Khushi who was scanning the surroundings..

Arnav: Be here for few minutes. I will be back..

She didnt say a word. She obeyed what was told to her but her heart had already started beating faster thinking what was next..!! She saw Arnavji going to his room.. She had no idea he was going to decorate the room now. He hadnt done that before.. Arnav had remembered doing this when he was taking the Pheras with her in the marriage.. The way the people showered the rose petals on them, made him realise this was something that had to be done in his room as well.

Almost after 15 minutes he was down again to take her upstairs..!!

Arnav: Come..
He held her hand but she stopped him..
Khushi: I am hungry.. ( she complained)
Arnav: Hmmm.. I forgot.. Hold a second.. !!

He quickly called the maids and asked them to cook something nice and send it in their room. The maids noded and hurried in the kitchen. He then came back to Khushi who willingly walked with him upstairs.. When they entered the room, she was once again surprised to see it decorated with perfumed candles and roses everywhere..

Arnav: I know you like roses!! ( he proudly stated)
Khushi stepped in, her heart beating faster than she thought. She took a walk to the poolside and even there, the floating candles were looking breathtakingly beautiful on the poolside water. The servants knocked the room kept her luggage bag inside and left.

Arnav: You want to change that outfit ? Its quite heavy I know..
Khushi : Humaara changing room kahan hai?
Arnav: Tumhaara changing room? Yehi hai Khushi.. This is our room..
Khushi gulped nervously and then realised it was high time she puts forward her request to him.. But what if he doesnt agree?

Arnav: What? Is there a problem?
Khushi: You wanted to marry me and get me in this house, keep me under the same roof..

Arnav was quiet.. He was allowing her to speak whatever she had to and only after that he will put his word forward..
Khushi ( gathering some courage): I did everything what you asked from me Arnavji.. But..
Arnav: (Clenching his jaw): BUT? (he stepped forward)
Khushi: (gulped again): But.. I want to stay in a seperate room ..
Arnav angrily snapped back..
Arnav: Kab tak? (Till when?)
Khushi ( looking down in fear): I... I dont know..
Arnav fisted his fingers and punched the side wall of the french doors.

She flinched and moved back in fear..

Arnav: I am not agreeing to this Mrs Khushi Singh Raizada.. I Married you.. I did all this bullshit stuff which I dont even believe in only to get you in this house .. I am not going to do any more favouirsm.. Is that clear to you?
Khushi's eyes became moist because of his talks. She knew he would never agree to it but she also believed in her Devi Maiyaa..

Arnav turned around in anger..

Arnav: I am giving you few hours of privacy in this room .. Sort your issues until I return back.. !!

He walked out of the room in anger .. The maid had just got their dinner inside but he didnt even care to look at it.. Khushi tried acting normal before the maid who placed the Dinner and then left the room again. Khushi had no idea what was going to happen in few hours.. She just hoped whatever happens, it is in her favour.. !!

**************

Arnav speedily drove his car off the street, drinking acohol from the tin which he had carried along with him.. He roughly drove over these lonely roads not caring for his life at all. He had just one thing in mind.. KHUSHI DOESNT WISH TO STAY IN ONE ROOM!! What is that supposed to mean? Does that mean she doesnt accept their relationship still? WHY? When she had accepted for the wedding, he never thought that a day would come when she would demand something like this. What was she thinking? He will fulfil it for her? Never!!

He speedily took a U turn to return back home. It was already 03:00 am of night. He opened the door of his house and stepped inside almost stumbling here and there.. Acohol had already reached his brain and was working badly .. He held the staircase railing and somehow managed to climb the stairs. However drunk he was, he never had difficulty in finding his room. He unlocked the room and entered inside. It was dark.. The candles flame had almost burned off yet the lavender perfume had still filled its the room with fresh aroma.. There was a small lamp lighted beside the bed which illuminated the room and that is what helped him to see Khushi who was sleeping peacefully on HIS BED.. Didnt she say she wanted to stay in a seperate room? Did she change her decision? He didnt wanted to think any of it.. Today was a day of celeberation.. He got what he always wanted.. He got his Khushi.. He still remembers that day when he had first seen her on that dark rainy night.

He stepped towards her slowly and the most surprising fact was that he didnt stumble even once till he reached her. He kneeled down on the floor, beside the bed, and gulped the drink again, starring at her face.. There was so much he could say when it comes to describing his liking for Khushi.. But how on this earth is she ever going to understand it?

"Tumhe kaise mein bataun (How should I utter ..)
Tumhe kaise mein kahu ( How should I say )
Mere bas mein agar ho to (If I still had to)
Mein bas itna hi karun ( This is all I could do)
Tumhe din bhar ( The whole day)
Tumhe har pal (All the time)
Dekhta hi mein rahu ( I would keep admiring you)
Tumhe dekhu,Tumhe chahoon (I would see you.. I would love you)
Tumhe punju har pal ( I would worship you )
Tumhe sochu ,Tumhe samjhu ( I would think you.. I would understand you)
Tumhe Mangu har pal ( I would ask you all the time)
Tumhe gungunau Tumhe gau har pal ( I would sing you .. I would sing you all the time)
Mein tumhara hoon ehsa ( I am so much mad for you )
Deewana meri jaan"

He slowly tucked her hair behind her ear ensuring she doesnt wake up.. He didnt wanted to make her feel conscious again of his presence.. He sat down on the floor looking at her still.. He doesnt care what life is .. what death is.. All he cares is HER..

Mera marna bhi tumhi ho ( My Death is you )
Mera jeena bhi ho tum ( My life is you)
Meri madira bhi tumhi ho ( My Alcohol you are )
Mera peeena bhi ho tum ( My drinking is you)

He gulped the drink again almost finishing it now..

"Mera chandi bhi tumhi ho ( My Silver is you)
Mera sona bhi ho tum ( My Gold is you)
Mera hasna bhi tumhi ho ( My Smile is you)
Mera roona bhi ho tum ( My tears is you)
Meri sari saason mein ( In all my breathes )
Tum jaise ho ghuli (you have got dissolved)
Meri aankhen tumhe dekhe( My eyes see you )
Chahe band ho ya khuli( No matter closed or open)
Mein tumhara hoon esha ( I am so much mad for you )
Deewana meri jaan"

He closed his eyes drifting into sleep. Along with the drink, the presence of Khushi around him and from now on forever, had drugged his mind, heart and body..!!