Part 37

The party was over. All the guests were back to their home, including Khushi's family. There were heaps of gifts and bouquets in the living room. Khushi had never seen so many gifts at a time together. It felt like she was in some gifts store..

Arnav ( to the servant): Place all these gifts in the store room. And the bouquets in the bins tomorrow..
Khushi: Bins? You mean throwing them?
Arnav: ( staring at her): I hate flowers..
Khushi: But I love flowers.
Arnav: So? Whats your point?
Khushi: These gifts are for both of us so you alone cannot decide what needs to be done.. And most importantly, each of these gifts have some feelings attached to it. We cannot dispose them just like that.. Not until they are actually dead.

Arnav glanced at the servant who very well understood what he had to do. He left the couple alone. Once he left, Arnav stepped to Khushi and clutched her arm. She was totally unaware what he wanted to say her now.

Arnav: What the heck did I tell you earlier? ( she was little confused trying to analyse what he hinted at).. You cannot open your mouth and impose your decisions on me .. I am the decision maker of this house .. You are supposed to obey it..!! You get that?
Khushi: At one instance you say this is OUR house.. At the next instance you deny me having any right over it?
Arnav: ( gritted his teeth): Khushi.. STOP it..!! I am already tired.. Had a worse day out there .. I need peace of mind.. Alone!! You get that?

Khushi didnt utter a word. She shoved off his arm and hurriedly walked upstairs..Arnav could feel she was totally mad at him now. .

Arnav ( looking at her walking away): Khushi..!!!. .Sweetheart.. !!

She didnt care what he called her.. She just entered the bedroom and locked the door behind her. He came up and banged the door once, trying his best to be polite..

Arnav ( outside the door): Khushi.. Open the door..

She sat before the dressing mirror, removing her earrings.. Anger was written all over her face.

Khushi ( to herself): He is really a psycho.. He says all those hurtful things first and then calls me "Sweetheart".. ?

Arnav ( banging the door again): Khushi this is embarassing. .Open the damm door.

Khushi (removing her Night dress from the closet): Embarassing? Is it? Did he realise how embarassed he made her before the family? Its good that Anjali di didnt hear their conversation downstairs on his new conditions for her. Otherwise they would be againh hurt.

Arnav ( his anger slowly rising again): Khushi if you dont open up now.. I wont mind knocking it off.

Khushi ( to herself): Thats going to cost you Mr Raizada.. Not me!!

She quickly managed to get into her night dress.. He was about to kick the door open but luckily he didnt had to try it . She opened it for him and again went inside before the mirror to arrange her accessories and keep them safe in the closet.

Arnav: How dare you locked me out of this room?
Khushi didnt speak a word. She just picked the pillow from the bed along with a quilt and started walking to the french door.. As soon as she slid the door open, he stopped her and shut the door again.

Arnav: Where do you think you are going now ?
Khushi: A place where I can get my peace of mind!! ( she replied without fear)

She opened the french door and stretched the quilt on the floor beside the pool. Arnav watched her doing it.

Arnav: We sleeping under the moon tonight? ( he purposely asked)
Khushi: Its ME .. Not WE..

Whatever she did was just increasing his attraction for her all the more ..She placed the pillow down there and was about to lie down when he held her hand and made her face him.

Khushi: Chodiye humme ( Leave me)
Arnav admired her resistance for few seconds and then replied..
Arnav: Tumhe bilkul bhi andaaza nahi hai na? ( She stopped struggling).. ki tum gusse mein kitni sundar lagti ho? ( she froze meeting his eyes.. ).. Par iss ka yeh matlab nahi hai ki tum humesha mujhse gussa karo..!! ( You have no idea right? How much beautiful you look in anger? But that doesnt mean you always be angry on me.!)

Did he really say that? So creatively he was able to lessen her anger..

Arnav: Now if my beautiful wife's frustration level is lowered, I insist she should get back in the room and sleep on the bed. With me!
She gulped at the mere thought of what he asked her to do. Arnav was keenly observing her expressions.
Arnav: Not Okay.?? Then Without me... ( he amazed her again by accepting the fact that she doesnt wish to share the bed with him at the present).. I will take the couch..

Since when did he start being so sweet?

Khushi: Aap.. aise kyon hai ? ( Why.. Why are you like this?)
Arnav: Main aisa hi hoon Khushi.. Little mad.. Little messy.. I wanted you.. And I even got you. .But I am not letting you go anywhere..This distance between us.. would kill me from inside.. I am that addicted to you..One day you will realise my seriousness in you.. May be then we should think of the latter things in our marriage.
Khushi could not believe he was really being so matured enough today in understanding her own reasons to keep distance between them..

Khushi: You never do anything without purpose. So whats your motive behind being so good to me suddenly?
Arnav: The better you melt down .. the best it would be for us.. My sole purpose of this is to get you convinced sweetheart.. That there is no one on this Universe who is mad for you like I am.. The earlier you understand this, the easy our relationship would be.. You get that baby?

She always had seen possessiveness in his eyes, in his behaviour and gestures towards her. Earlier it pricked her , because he made her feel scared.. But today she felt it more satisfying.. A man who is so much mad for a woman will always protect her from every odds.. He was one of them and unknowingly, her fate had gifted her with a husband with such qualities.. No wonder this marriage was imposed upon her, she did all of this only to stop him from hurting her family but he appreciated this one quality of his.. He was still being a gentleman by not going against her wishes!! He had faced many difficulties in his childhood, he must have compromised attention and of his loved ones, and thats the reason he was so rough from outside.. Now she was his wife. She had some duties towards their relationship. So why not start working on them one by one.. Who knows, in few days the same "Laad Governor" she hates being with, can be her Prince Charming.?

Till she took time to think all this in her mind, Arnav was only admiring her face.. He was lucky enough she was so stable, silent and cool enough in letting him stand beside her and look at her so intensely otherwise most of the times she just pushes him away and walks off.

Khushi came back to her senses when he slowly tucked a hair strand behind ear.

Arnav: Its getting cold here. .Lets get inside!
She noded and picking the quilt and pillow, she left back in the room..Arnav followed her.

***************

Almost an hour had passed that she was lying down on the bed and he on the recliner . None of them were asleep still.. He was watching her while she was in some deep thoughts. She glanced at him while tossing around and he was still admiring.. She pulled the quilt properly and saw him smirking..

Khushi: Can I ask you something.. ?
Arnav didnt reply and she took it as a "yes" from him.
Khushi ( looking at him): I saw Sheetal coming to Raizada House today.. Was she the reason why you were so much hurrying me to leave for Pag Phera in the morning?

She stared at him for a reply. No wonder he was simply looking at her only. He got his palm under his cheek and continued looking at her. She had more to say, he knew that.

Khushi: On our engagement day, you were so much angry on me for inviting her.. You said you dont wish to see her face anymore then why did you call her here to meet you?
Arnav: Some legal papers had to be signed.. I had promised her to take back our pending case if she obeys me to blame Shyam for not being a good lawyer.. You know why I did all that.. To get you agree for the wedding. I chose not to go to her house ... I am sure you wouldnt have appreciated that .. So I called her here..
Khushi was convinced with that reply.

She really fails to understand him..He tortures her sometimes and at times he also thinks what she might be hurt with and avoids doing it. Two conflicting personalities in one man.. !!

She closed her eyes finally getting her much needed rest and he had no idea when he drifted to sleep while admiring his beautiful wife Khushi Singh Raizada..

****************

In the morning when Khushi woke up, she didnt find Arnavji on the recliner. She was about to get up when suddenly some phone rang. It was not her phone for sure. It was his may be. She looked around and found the phone on the dressing table. She immediately rushed to answer it. The caller name displayed "Guard".
She had no time to think why a guard was calling him directly like this. She quickly answered it and before she could say "hello" the person from the other end started speaking thinking it was Arnav who picked the call.

Guard: Boss.. He is been locked here since last evening with no food or water.. He will die out there if this continues..

She was shocked..She was about to ask them who was locked and why when suddenly the phone was snatched from her by Arnav who was back in the room. He didnt seem happy that she answered his call without his permission. He walked out at the poolside to talk. She was already confused what was happening. After 5 minutes he came in and looked in a hurry. .

Arnav: Who asked you to answer my phone?
Khushi: It was ringing continuously and..
Arnav ( interrupted): Dont do that again.. I have some work outside.. You sleep for some time..

He was in so much hurry that he didnt even wait to clarify her properly. This was so not done.. Last night he used so many sugar coated sentences for her and now he had no time? But where was he going? And what was that call about? Who was locked ? And why? Was Arnavji involved in this? She very well knew how their first meet was. He was capable of beating anyone, kidnapping anyone and much more. She was totally scared now and hoping he doesnt do anything wrong which will later make him repent. Without even changing her Night salwar, she followed him in the intention of checking where he was leaving so hurridly and why. She sat in the car asking the Driver to follow Arnavji's vehicle which had just left Raizada House gates a minute ago..