Part 16

Arnav Singh Raizada didnt need prior appointments to visit the Doctor. He didnt even mind accompanying Khushi inside the Visiting room where the Dr diagonised Khushi who was resting on the patient bed and Arnav, sitting on the chair before the Dr's table and reading a health magazine. He kept looking at closed curtain which was currently a hurdle between him and Khushi because the Dr was checking her beyond his sight. He checked the time on his watch. It had been 5 minutes already and if he hadnt seen Khushi coming out, he would not mind sliding the curtain and getting in to check what was taking so long. He might have been a very sensitive and manipulative man for the world but he had one more quality in him.. He was IMPATIENT. Especially when the subject was related to health.

Khushi came out with Dr Bhatia who seemed to be a very good Physician in the town. She had been in this field from past 26 years. She asked Khushi to sit. Arnav pulled a chair for her just beside him and then concentrated back to the Doctor.

Arnav: Is anything serious Dr?
Dr: ASR.. Good you got here on time. She might have caught Pnuemonia otherwise. Khushi told me she had suffered from it few weeks back too. She is little weak. I mean her immunity is low. Thats why she has to take care from now on. I will write some medicines which will treat her fever and also some supplements which she can continue for some months for raising her immune power and providing the necessary Vitamins to her body. She will be okay.

He turned aside to see Khushi. Her fingers were fiddling the ends of her Dupatta and her eyes seemed lowered on her lap as if she had nothing to do with what was happening here.

Arnav: Did you hear what the Dr said?

She didnt reply but she did not wish him to create a scene again before the Dr seeing her ignoring him. She finally gave up and noded, but her eyes fixed on the floor. The Dr smiled seeing his concern. She had no idea who the girl was and how was he related to her. She will never ask it either. That was so against her profession.

Dr: Here it is ASR.. The Prescription. If you need me again, just give a call.

Arnav: My Pleasure.

He stood up and so did Khushi who thanked the Dr and greeting her a final "NAMASTE" she left the room hurridly , followed by Arnav Singh Raizada. Before she could keep walking in the corridor to leave the Clinic, he stopped her and dragged her to the side corner.

Arnav: Stop hurrying like this. The world is not ending today.
Khushi: It will end if I dont reach home on time. No one knows where I am. They will be worried for me.
Arnav: They have a lot more to worry about than you.

He clearly taunted on Akash's Job matter which again made her helpless thinking what was next from here on.

Khushi: I did what you asked me to do. Now please just give Bhaiyaa his Job back.

He smiled but didnt speak a word . She was so disheartened. She joined her palms to plead.

Khushi: I beg you Arnav Singh Raizada. Please ..

The moment she did this gesture, he caught her palms and moved them away.

Arnav: I dont take my decisions back Khushi. Akash will no longer work for Mehta. (A lone tear rolled down her cheek but before it could drop down on the floor, Arnav wiped it off her face and continued what he had to say).. He will be jobless neither. Lets get you back home. You will come to know everything.

She didnt understand what he meant. He passed her the prescription. Thats when they heard Anjali's voice from the other side. Khushi stiffened as she saw her sister looking at her with disbelief. Anjali kept staring at them for few more seconds. She had many questions in her mind especially seeing how close Arnav stood to Khushi. When Khushi realised this, she moved few steps back. Arnav was not happy with this gesture of hers.

Anjali (Coming to them): Khushi? What .. What are you doing here? With him?

Khushi was very much scared to even utter a word. She knew her sister was over protective and she didnt like Arnav either. What will she reply to Anjali now?

Arnav: Your sister has high fever, she was fainting when I came to your home today morning. I got her to the Dr.
Anjali quickly checked Khushi's temperature again touching her. She knew Khushi had fever but she even fainted? She cannot believe that so easily.

Anjali: Why did you come to our home? (She angrily asked)
Arnav: MY HOME. !! Dont forget Mrs Jha, that house belongs to me. Your family stays there on a rental basis.

He seemed to be rude.

Anjali: I meant what work did you have which made you visit that house?
Arnav: I needed some tax papers of that house which Akash has with him. Some official work demands them.
Anjali (Holding Khushi's hand): I will ask Akash to send them. Thanks for getting Khushi here.

She pulled Khushi with her towards the exit. Khushi turned behind to see his reactions when her sister just took her off from his custody. He was really angered and equally disturbed. WHenever she saw him in this state, she always thought he might be planning next to sort this issue and get her back to him. He can go to any extent. Any.

************

Gupta House

Anjali: I just dont like that man around you. He is not right Khushi. His intentions doesnt seem right. The way he sees you, stands close to you, just makes me go mad.
Khushi: Jiji. He took me to the doctor.
Anjali: So? If he thinks by doing some favour on us, he can get whatever he wants from you, he is wrong.

Khushi was sitting quietly on the couch because she could not do anything more at this moment. Whatever her Jiji was telling , was absolutely true. Suddenly the door opened and Akash came inside. The family was curious to know what happened. Anjali, Nani and Khushi surrounded him. Everyone had the same question, did Mehta agree? What wrong did he do which made his Boss fire him from the Job? Khushi's heart beat frantically to know what had happened. She remembered what Arnav told her. Akash bhaiyaa cannot get his job back from Mehta but then he neither would be jobless. What was that suppose to mean?

Nani: Akash bitwa, please dont be quiet. Tell us did that Mehta get you back on job? Was it some misunderstanding?
Akash: No Nani. It was not a misunderstanding. I am no longer working for Mehta.

Everyone's faces dropped..

Akash: I have accepted the Job offer of someone else though.
Anjali : Someone else? Who?
Akash: Arnav Singh Raizada.. From tomorrow, I will be working for him in his Office..!!

That sentence shocked the ladies to the core. This name Arnav Singh Raizada was now getting deeper and deeper in their minds and hearts.

************

AR Office

Aman: I dont get you ASR.. You first offered a Job to Akash Gupta, he rejects it.. You then pay a huge sum to Mehta and get Akash out of that office, you make him jobless. And then like a gentleman you offer him this post in AR office again because you know he cannot reject it now. You are offering him a chief Designer post in your Company when you know he doesnt even have that much of experience. People strive to get this role and Akash Gupta grabs it so easily? What does all this mean? Why is Akash Gupta getting so much importance ?

Arnav diffused his Cigar in the Ash tray smiling.

Arnav: Because he is Khushi Gupta's Brother Aman.!!
Aman was stunned. That same name again?
Aman: Khushi Gupta? WHo is this Khushi Gupta ASR?

Arnav leaned back on his chair closing his eyes remembering Khushi's face once..

Arnav: Jaan hai meri.. (She is my life..)

Aman was baffled. He had no idea how to react. .Did his Boss just say some girl who has entered his life recently is now his Soul?

Her innocent face, her glittering eyes, her hair strands, her little sparkling bindi on forehead, her Jhumkas (earrings), her tinkling bangles.. Arnav was mesmerised by all of these that was part of her.. All of these that makes her what she is .. Khushi Gupta.. He opened his eyes and concentrated back on Aman who was standing like a cold statue..

Arnav: Why are you so shocked Aman? Your Boss is serious about this.. Pretty Damm Serious..!!
Aman: (Gulping down his fear): And Khushi? Is she serious too?
Arnav: (Gritting his teeth): SHE WILL BE.. !! SOON!!

That was enough for Aman to understand what was happening these days in his Boss's life..
Aman: Does she know everything about your past?

Arnav banged his fist on the table, leading some files to drop down on floor.

Arnav: Who the hell are you to ask me that? Dont forget you are just a damm employee of this Company Aman Mathur.. You get respect in this society because of me..Whatever you are today is only because of me..

Aman: (Looking down sympathising for himself): I didnt mean to offend you ASR.. But if you expect her to become serious for you, she ought to know everything about you. Every harsh reality, every cruel truth you have hidden inside you from all these years.. She has to know all that.. I dont think anything else will bring her close to you. Whatever you are doing now, with Akash and her family is just not right.. Yeh sahi nahi hai ASR.. !

Arnav: Pyaar mein sahi aur galat ka koi defination nahi hota hai Aman. Pyaar mein sirf ek hi cheez ka matlab hota hai aur woh hai Apna Haq..!! Khushi Kumari Gupta, Arnav Singh Raizada ki kamzori nahi , uski zaroorat hai, uska paagalpan hai, uska junoon hai, uski dawaa hai.. Jitni jaldi yeh baat woh samajh le, uske liye utna hi accha hai.. Warna woh jaanti nahi ki Arnav Singh Raizada usse paane ke liye usse tod bhi sakta hai. Uski har manzil mujhse gujarti hai..Aaj nahi toh kal main usse iss baat ka yakeen dilakar hi rahunga ki woh Sirf Meri hai. Aur meri hi rahegi. Humesha ..(There is nothing right or wrong in Love Aman. There is only one thing in Love that matters. "Having a right".. Khushi Kumari Gupta is not Arnav Singh Raizada's weakness. She is his Need.. his madness. .his Obsession.. his only medicine... The early she realises this is better or else she doesnt know yet that Arnav Singh Raizada can even break her to win her. Every destiny of hers crosses his path. Today or tomorrow I will make her realise this that She is Mine.. And will stay mine... Forever)

Aman was speechless. Guess this Khushi had reached in every oz of blood that ASR had inside him.. It was difficult for anyone now to get her out of his mind .. !!

************

Night

He had parked his Car at the lonely streets, the cigar was half lighted and he was busy dialing her number. He wanted to hear her voice and know if she was fine. SHe answered his call quickly , locking the door of her room.

Khushi: Hello...
Arnav: How was my Surprise Sweetheart?

She knew what Surprise he was talking about.. Akash's new Job in AR..

Khushi: Sab ko apna ghulam banaake rakhne mein aap ko mazaa aata hai naa?
Arnav: Agar tum meri baatein maanti jao toh kissi aur ko mera ghulam banane ki zaroorat nahi hai.. Jitni jaldi iss baat ko accept karogi.. Tumhari family utni hi khush rahegi..!!

She didnt argue.. She touched the locket in her neck which was his belonging and looked herself at the mirror.

Khushi: WHy is this locket so precious to you? Koi toh wajah hogi jo aap chahte ho ki yeh main humesha pehne rakhu?
Arnav clenched his jaw and released it in few seconds trying to forget those memories from his mind..

Arnav: Not everything that happens should have a reason behind it.

Thats all he had to tell her. Nothing more than that. His sudden quietness made her realise one thing for sure. Arnav SIngh Raizada was a closed book and he will not let anyone peep into his mind or heart anytime. He likes staying the way he is.

Khushi: Kal hum Mandir jaa rahe hai.. Aap aayenge?

Did she just ask him that? Was there any motive behind it ? He was very much curious to know.. But he wont ask her that. He will just wait and watch..

Arnav: I dont believe in God.
Khushi: Fine.. But that was the only opportunity you might get to see me tomorrow. So I thought you might utilise it.. Never mind... The medicines dose is high . I should sleep now. Good night.
Arnav: Hmm..

The call was disconnected. He threw the Cigar down and crushed it below his feet.. Temple? He never had seen a temple in his life.. He didnt even know what customs he had to follow inside there.. Should he really go ? Or not?