Part 27

" Apne hone waale pati ko andar nahi bulaogi Khushi?", Arnav asked in a husky tone and a smirk on his face. This one statement was enough for her to move back in fear. He could see she was shivering. He stepped ahead closing the door behind him.

Arnav: Agar abhi se mujhse itna darogi toh shaadi ke baad kya karogi ?? Stop shivering Khushi.. Main tumhe kha thodi jaaunga??

Khushi dropped the cushion from her hand in fear. She just hoped her family comes soon and keeps this man away from her.

Khushi: Aa.. aaa .p?
Arnav: ( Stepping ahead): Haan.. Maa.. aa in ..!! ( he purposely stammered just like she did in fear)

She kept looking away from him, everywhere else but not in his eyes. Arnav stopped before her and pulled her chin up.

Arnav: You didnt sleep well? My would be wife is getting dark circles!!
Khushi pushed his hand away.
Khushi: Please leave Arnavji. There is no one at home.
Arnav: And you think I dont know that ? Why do you think I came here in their absence?

Khushi's eyes widened in disbelief. What did he intend to do?

Arnav: ( erasing her confusion): I came here to convince you Sweetheart..
Khushi: For marrying you?
Arnav: Of course. There is nothing else you have to do except that favour on yourself.. ( Khushi was not sure what he meant by doing a favour on herself. She just kept looking at him as he continued his talks).. You have a very good family Khushi. Will you want them to get hurt because of you?

Khushi's eyes became moist even thinking about this. He showed her the marriage card invitation which he had even given to Lavanya earlier.

Arnav: Look at this. This is your future.. This is their future..

She looked at the card but didnt even touch it , forget reading it.

Arnav: Hold it!!
She didnt respond, neither she showed any interest in obeying his words. She kept turning her head the other side. Arnav was losing his calm now. He forcibly made her hold the card. She hissed in pain when he pressed her hand like that.

Arnav: Dont make me do this Khushi. I am not here to keep teaching you what is right and what is wrong.

Khushi unwillingly held the card but she concentrated more on the bruise mark on her wrist because of his hold. Arnav saw that too and fisted his fingers in anger.

Arnav: Why do you make me do this? I dont like hurting you Khushi. But for that you will have to coperate with me. Do you know how desperately I am waiting for your Yes to this marriage? I never thought I .. Arnav Singh Raizada will ever want to make his relationship legalised. But you are responsible for this change in me. You make me do things I never ever thought in my life Khushi.

Khushi gulped in fear holding the card in her hand still . She was unable to look in his eyes but the way he expressed his feelings today, she just could not avoid gazing at him with nervousness.

Arnav: 14th February.. We are getting married.

She was about to deny but he didnt let her speak.

Arnav: It wont take me long to enforce harsh steps on your family. If I am holding myself, its only because of you. I know you get hurt when they get hurt. I am not blackmailing you. Its just a Deal Khushi. You keep me happy marrying me, staying with me in my house forever, and I will keep you and your family happy. Its that simple. I know you can do this. Your love for them is strong and so is my desire for you. This is the last time I am asking you for a positive reply. I have given enough days for you to think. Now.. I am no longer interested in increasing the deadline. Its either now.. or never!! Say a "yes" and earn happiness for your family.. Or.. Say a "No" and see them living hell on earth!!

Tears rolled down from her eyes as she heard his cruel statements. He never liked seeing her cry. But what else is he supposed to do to convince her? He wiped the tear drops slowly off her face. She was too numb to even deny him from doing that.

Arnav: These tears are not going to affect me until you start realising my words and take them seriously Khushi.

Khushi ( in tears): Aap.. aisa nahi kar sakte..
Arnav ( clenching his jaw): Main yehi nahi aur bahut kuch kar sakta hoon Khushi. Dont make me do it..
Khushi: Do it!! ( she demanded)

Arnav was stunned by her reply.. She started getting that confidence on her face again.

Khushi: Just do what you want Arnav Singh Raizada but I am not going to marry you. Not in this life and not even after my death. !!

Khushi tore the wedding card and threw the remains on his face. That was a biggest insult for Arnav singh Raizada. He wished to smash this person who had the guts to behave so rude with him, but this person was Khushi. .His sweetheart Khushi..

Arnav: ( clenching his jaw ): Within 24 hours you are going to change this decision Khushi. Mark my words. ( he banged his fist on the wall just beside her head once and left)

Khushi sat down on the floor and wept in fear. She had no idea what reactions will come out from him because of her denial. All she knew was that she and her family were now in a deep trouble.

*************

Arnav was with his Lawyer Roy discussing about Sheetal Mehra's case .. The lawyer seemed tensed and totally surprised with ASR's decision.

Roy: Mutual settlement? With Sheetal Mehra? I dont understand why do you want to do this when you are on the winning side ASR?
Arnav stood up from the couch and walked to his desk.

Arnav: My real win will be when Khushi Gupta agrees to marry me Roy. And for letting that happen, I am ready to sacrifice all my greivances with Sheetal
Roy: But I dont understand how would this happen? I mean what connection does Sheetal and your marriage have?
Arnav: You will come to know this in few minutes.

He picked the receiver and asked his secretary to send the Lady in. After 5 minutes the door was knocked and he knew whom to expect.
Sheetal Mehra walked in hesitantly in her formals. She still carried the same aura which she had before but today she was not a concern or matter of interest for Arnav Singh Raizada. She was his past.. A Bitter past.. He had moved on..

Roy was surprised to see his Opposition lady here against whom he was fighting the case for Arnav Singh Raizada.

Arnav ( looking at sheetal): Sit.
Sheetal took a seat opposite to him and looked at Arnav very confused.

Sheetal: Why am I called here?
Arnav: Roy will brief you out. Roy,. ( he gestured his laywer to tell her everything what they both were discussing from past few hours)

Sheetal was shocked. He was agreeing for mutual settlement? Why? How did this happen?

Sheetal: (Smiling at ASR): I always knew it.. Infact I always felt it. Some day you will understand my side and forgive me ASR..
Arnav: Shut up.. ( he commanded)

Sheetal was offended by his statement before the lawyer.

Arnav: Roy.. Make the papers ready meanwhile I will have a word with Miss Sheetal on what additional we need from her end.

Roy got up and excused them. Sheetal felt little scared of being there because she knew his nature. He was a psychic man and nothing can be ever deduced on what his further actions would be.

Arnav: Apart from this mutual settlement of the case I need another action from you.
Sheetal: You are still demanding Mr Arnav Singh Raizada? I thought we are equal in this case judgement now. We both owe some respect from each other after this .
Arnav: ( clenching his jaw): Respect my foot!! You will never get that from me.. Your existing lawyer Shyam Jha.. I want you to defame him..

Sheetal was stunned..

Arnav: Dont worry on how you would do that. Everything is ready, you just need to agree incase ever asked by the media. Am I clear?
Sheetal ( confused): Defame? Shyam ? Why?
Arnav: Thats none of your concern..
Sheetal ( getting up): It is my concern ASR. He is my lawyer. I paid him.
Arnav: I will pay you double. How about that? You always measured your relationships in terms of money. SO why not do the same this time?

Sheetal: If I had so much love for money, I would have left you. I ditched you because you were not worth loving. You were just a possessed psycho for me.

Arnav had heard it enough from her. He dragged her till the door harshly and opened the door for her.

Arnav: Your need here is over. So you better Get out..
Sheetal: How rude ASR.. This is the reason why I left.
Arnav: ENOUGH. ( he screamed aloud in anger almost half of his staff even heard that and looked at them)

Sheetal felt disgusting. She could not argue more on whether she will obey his commands on Shyam's matter or not. She knew she was on the losing side of the case . Hence if ASR was ready for mutual settlement, she will opt for it at any cost. But she could not leave without making one comment.

Sheetal: Mark my words ASR.. If this is how you keep behaving with a woman, no one will ever love you. All your life you will be alone.

Arnav dragged her out of the door and banged the door on her face , locking himself within his cabin. He had no time to ponder over his Ex Girl friends comments. All he wanted to concentrate on right now was KHUSHI..

****************

Gupta House - Evening

Akash came home all tired and worried. He sat there on the couch, Khushi got a glass of water for him. She was highly upset seeing her brother in this mood. Everyone gathered around him to know what the matter was. Khushi had hid the fact from the family that ASR had come to their home today to convince her. She didnt wanted the family to worry more.

Anjali: What happened Akash. Tell us .. Please
Akash: Nothing Di.. I had applied in few offices for Job but I got a denial from everyone. I dont know why they did so though. I had perfect qualification, required experience and I was even ready to commit for any kind of shifts and transfers too. But they all denied. How can everyone deny at the same time.
Anjali: This cant happen Akash until someone has bribed all those officers for not giving you a Job.

Akash exactly knew whom his Di was talking about.. Nani and khushi were quietly suppressing the pain within themselves. Shyam too came back home and he too looked disappointed. When asked about the reason, he didnt understand what he needs to explain them.

Shyam: The only case I was working on, Sheetal Mehra's case, its been snatched from me. And not just that, Sheetal Mehra is even defaming me and my abilities to handle that case. You know what this defamation means Rani Saheba? It means the end of my career if it becomes public. Who will give me cases? Who will trust on me?

Khushi was shocked. She broke down in tears. She very well knew who was planning all this and why? Just 12 hours had passed that ASR had come to her home and she had denied his proposal and so much happened. What will happen in the next 24 hours if she doesnt change her mind?