Part 31

"12th February will be the Mehndi, 13th Haldi and 14th will be your wedding ASR", Aman informed to Arnav who was busy checking an important file on his table..

Arnav: ( paying no much attention): Hmm..
Aman: But the Roka has to be done in a day or two. I have consulted the Panditji.. He says tomorrow is a good mahurat..
Arnav ( flipping the pages of the file): Hmm..
Aman: So .. we need to buy the ring..
Arnav ( angrily replied) : Then buy it Aman.. What are you waiting for? Use my Cards, and make the damm payment..
Aman sighed in disappointment..
Arnav: What?
Aman: ASR.. Its your wedding.. I know you are the Boss.. You have other important work to do.. But this is not some usual function happening.. Its your wedding.. And how am I supposed to select some ring for Khushi Maam? You should make that choice for her.
Arnav: Now you are talking just like her..

Arnav stood up from the chair and walked to Aman. He really didnt seem to be in a good mood after this.

Arnav: I dont like people who order me Aman.. Stay in your limits.. Dont teach me what I have to do.. Understood? Buy the ring and get the things arranged for Roka..
Aman ( gulped down his nervousness..): Okay Boss.. But the Roka has to be done in Laxmi Nagar.. In Khushi Maam's house.. Thats a custom..
Arnav noded..
Aman: Anyone whom you wish to invite?
Arnav: This has to be a private affair . I dont want any guests who can spoil my event.. No one from my end except you.. Got it?
Aman: (sighed again): Okay. I will see you later Boss.. Excuse me!!

Aman left the cabin whereas Arnav went back to his seat and started working.. One thing was still messing his mind.. Khushi's behaviour.. !!! She seemed to be little dominant since the time this marriage discussions had started. Has she forgot her place ? He just hoped she had no other motive in doing all this.. Because he was in no mood to bear her non required tantrums.. This marriage meant only one thing for him.. His Khushi will stay with him under one roof.. Nothing apart from that should change in his life.. Ever!!!

****************

Next Morning

Khushi was sitting alone in her room looking at the Lehnga and the jewellery... This had come from Raizada Mansion today for her. She knew Arnav Singh Raizada had not bought this for her. He had just paid for them just like he paid for the engagement ring and asked Aman to make a choice. Yea.. She knew all this .. Because Aman had called her up for her finger ring size and thats how she came to know.. But did she care? Why would she bother if he purchased it himself or not ? This marriage was not like she always dreamed of. This was just a formality which she wanted to fulfil to keep her family happy. She touched the Green Lehnga which she had to wear today evening during the Roka function.. Thats when Anjali entered inside with a glass of milk for her. Anjali too realised how much depressed Khushi was with all this. She sat next to Khushi and caressed her head. Khushi came back to her senses.

Anjali: You still have time to think Khushi.. Dont do this..
Khushi faked a smile on her face and held Anjali's hand.
Khushi: This marriage is going to get our happiness back Di... I cannot step back now..
Anjali ( sighed in disappointment): Where do you get all this strength from? I am the eldest one but you act more matured than me.
Khushi: Doesnt matter Di.. I know even you would have done the same if you were in my place..

She leaned her head on Anjali's lap and closed her eyes, holding her tears inside them .. Today was the start of her new life.. wherein she would have to walk the bed of thorns..May be forever..

****************

Evening.

Arnav Singh Raizada got down his car before the Gupta House.. Their neighbours seemed more excited for this function. The ladies poured their blessings by welcoming him and Aman inside. At the door , Akash and Shyam were standing who faked smile and allowed him to get in. Few of Gupta side relatives were gossiping about how did Khushi manage to get such a wealthy groom but when Arnav gave them a sarcastic look, they became silent.. Nani made him comfortable on the couch, his eyes already searching for Khushi.. Aman pressed his arm gently and whispered..

Aman: Sorry Boss, but keep your eyes low.. Its not good to look for your would be wife amidst such a huge crowd.

Arnav raised his eyebrows high thinking why was he telling him what he needs to do.. Thats when Anjali and Khushi came out of the bedroom. Khushi was wearing the green lehnga and minimal jewellery. She had a slight make up done but that only enhanced her beauty.. But he peferred her without the make up.. Natural and simple.. He stood up showing some manners.. Anjali made her stand beside Arnav and then moved back.

Nani: Arnav bitwa.. What about your side people? Arent they coming?
Arnav: I have already cleared I dont have a family. And I have neither invited any outsiders.

Khushi kept quiet and gazing the floor. Her heart was heavy but she managed to put a smile for the guests. She did not want them to notice the depression behind her smiling face. Aman passed the ring to Arnav. The rings were exhanged. Everyone clapped for them. He was about to hold her hand and raise it to his face, but she shoved it off and turned towards Anjali. Arnav clenched his jaw. This girl knows how to make him frustrated.

The guests started congratulating them. Arnav kept a stern look on his face, while taking wishes and blessings from them while Khushi kept smiling, and bowing down touching the elders feet. She realised he was too much proud to do that like her. Almost few minutes passed and then suddenly Shyam's face became dull seeing his Ex-Client Sheetal Mehra here, that too with a bouquet. Before she could reach Arnav and Khushi, Shyam stopped her.

Shyam: What are you doing here?
Sheetal: I couldnt resist myself from celeberating your happiness.. Afterall you were my Lawyer some time. Excuse me please..

She moved aside and kept walking towards Arnav and Khushi.. Arnav was highly shocked and unhappy seeing his Ex girl friend being a part of his Engagement. He was about to stop her and drag her outside this house but Khushi immediately clutched his arm, stopping him.
Sheetal smiled standing right before them. They were lucky that none of the guests even had an idea who she was.

Sheetal : Congratulations ASR..
Arnav ( gritting his teeth): How dare you arrive here?
Sheetal: I am been invited.
Arnav: I didnt!!
Khushi : (Instantly): I did ..!!

Time almost halted for Arnav and Khushi when she clarified this to him. His anger levels had reached its peak..

Khushi: Dont be angry Mr Raizada.. I had a reason..
Arnav clenched his jaw throwing daggers at her from his eyes.
Khushi: I know you dont have a family but I also know Sheetalji has always been close to you from your childhood. There may have been problems between you both but .

She was not allowed to continue this talk. He caught her arm and dragged her inside the other room not caring People might watch them and it would look quite odd. Once they were away from the others, he left her arm with force, making her stumble.

Arnav: She was my girl friend Khushi. Not some random family person whom you picked so easily for todays function in our guests list.
You know what exists between us.. I hate her.. Her mere sight boils my blood. .I go insane remembering how she cheated me.. And you still called her? Who the hell gave you permission for that? Tell me dammit .. ( he screamed aloud)

Khushi ( angrily): Please dont scream Mr Raizada.. We have guests here..
Arnav ( stepping towards her in anger and she moved back): Yeh uss Sheetal ko bulaane se pehle sochna chahiye tha . Now listen to me very carefully Miss Khushi Kumari Gupta.. You might have been thinking I am going to listen and bare everything you ask for because we are getting married now. Dont be under that impression. I am Arnav Singh Raizada..I do things my way.. Lets have some rules contracted before we get into this. Some damm strict rules in written.. so that you dont forget it anytime. I dont think this is going to work out without that..

Khushi was confused what he meant by RULES!! Which Marriage have RULES in it? She feared raising this doubt in her mind now towards him as he looked hell frustrated by what she did. He shut the door behind him while leaving the room. He just wanted to get back home and have a peaceful drink at the poolside. This marriage was not working out the way he wanted it to.

****************

Almost an hour passed. The guests had left and only Arnav and Aman were left with the Gupta family.

Khushi was out at the gallery to leave Preeto till her door. Afterall she was her another good friend and neighbour after Payal. Arnav definately had eyes and ears on them.

Preeto: I cant believe you got engaged Khushi. I am so happy for you. By the way.. Tumhare woh kaise hai? ( How is he?)

She hit Khushi's shoulder by hers purposely in a teasing way directing her attention towards Arnav.. He was definately watching them and Khushi knew that.

Khushi ( sighed): Pata nahi Preeto.. Par thode gusse waale hai.. ( Dont know Preeto.. But he is little serious and angry kind of personality)

Preeto chuckled seeing the way Khushi was describing her Fiancee.. Arnav had never expected this kind of reply from Khushi but whatever she said made him mellow down all his anger and smirk.

Preeto ( gigled): Ohh Khushi.. Staying with a chirpy wife like you, he will forget all his anger. Write it down.. Chalo.. Enjoy your night..Spend some time with my Jeejaji.. I am leaving.. Bye..

Preeto left and Khushi walked inside the house trying to take off the hair pins which were hurting her hair. Some of her hair strands stuck into the pins and she hissed in pain. Suddenly she felt him holding her hand and moving it aside. She flinched as he asissted her to take off the hair pin. But it indeed never pained when he removed it off. It was like he was treating her like a china doll who will break off if any pressure applied. He handed the pin back to her. Anjali and Nani were watching this from far end.

Khushi: Shukriya..
Arnav: (Smirking ): My Pleasure.. Get some rest. Hardly 2 days left for the other rituals.. Its your Mehndi next.?
Khushi: yes but you are not required here. Its a ladies function.

Arnav didnt argue.. Nani came there to ask him something. After a short formal talk he and Aman decided to leave. However bad the start was of this function, the end seemed peaceful. Khushi was asked to drop him till his car. She hesitantly obeyed .. Aman left them alone for some time.

Khushi: ( after reaching the car): If I dont agree the RULES, you wont marry me?

This question seemed so surprising and irrelevant to Arnav..But may be their little talk on Rules had opened her eyes and made her think deep.

Arnav: (Smirked again): You know thats not going to happen.. WITH RULES.. Or WITHOUT RULES.. You have to be Mine Khushi.. No one can change that .
Khushi sighed in disappointment but voiced her feelings.
Khushi: I wish some magic happens and you stop doing all this.
Arnav: I dont believe in magic. But if it does exist.. I wish it happens in my favour.. I wish to see you understanding my desires for you and take things seriously..!!

Khushi looked away.. She sometimes felt ackward to face him when he speaks of his passion for her..

Arnav: Start the car Aman.. ( he alarmed Aman to get in and drive. )

He wished to end this day here.. No more talks.. No more conversations.