Part 40

Aryan Roy felt insulted by Mrs Khushi Singh Raizada's taunts towards him and Sheetal. But how could he let it go so easily ? He immediately messaged Arnav " Dropped your wife at her Mayka.. Ek Thanks toh Banta hai ASR!!"

The moment Arnav Singh Raizada read this message while driving his car, he fisted his fingers on the Steering wheel. Here he was looking madly for his wife and she took a lift from none other than Aryan Roy? This man who snatched away Sheetal, was probably teasing him again by showing his little interest in Khushi too. Not to mention, Khushi had always been his fan but will history repeat again? Can he trust Khushi on this?

He drove speedily at Gupta House. He had to get his answers from his wife and this time he is going to clear his thoughts about Aryan Roy with her.

**************

Gupta House

Anjali was surprised to see Khushi at their home. The first thing she asked cupping her cheeks was if she was fine.

Khushi: ( not in a mood): Di I am alright..

She moved Anjali aside and went straight in the Living room to sit on the couch. Anger was still bubbling within her. She was still unable to believe Aryan Roy was the man who stole Sheetal from Arnavji.. This surprise wasnt killing her, but the fact that Arnavji never told her this was poking her heart. Anjali and Nani both sat beside her to know what made her look so tensed? Before they could even talk to her, they heard a loud shriek of a car getting stopped at their door and in a minute Arnav Singh Raizada entered inside the house looking for .. obviously .. his wife.. !! The moment the couple saw each other, Khushi got up from the sofa and went in the kitchen quietly.. Was it an indication that she wanted to talk to him privately?

Arnav gritted his teeth seeing her ignoring him. Nani and Anjali were confused what was happening? Once again, before they could ask Arnav, he too followed Khushi in the kitchen. Anjali and Nani looked at each other with total surprise.

Anjali: What is happening here? First Khushi came, she didnt even speak anything to us and now .. Arnav Singh Raizada is here and he too didnt utter a word.? I will go and check..
Nani: No Anjali..It's a husband - wife talk. You dont interfere. And when their conversation is done, they will come out and let us know their reason of coming here.

Anjali was not happy with Nani's denial but she still accepted it and sat quiet outside waiting for Arnav and Khushi to come out finishing their talks.

Khushi took a vessel in the kitchen to make the tea . She poured some water in the vessel and then kept it on the gas burner. Arnav came there and holding her hand, turned her around to face him.

Arnav: I dont stop you from meeting your family doesnt mean you can come here anytime and that too without informing me.!!
Khushi ( angrily): I had come to inform you. But you were so much engrossed in discussing something else with Aman that you didnt mind insulting your wife before him..!!
Arnav: You intruded in our conversation. I dont like that Khushi..
Khushi: I felt like advising you. Thats why I intruded..
Arnav: Yeh meri Zindagi hai Khushi. Main tumhari rai toh le sakta hoon par main karunga wohi jo main chahta hoon..So dont waste time in advising me. ( This is my life Khushi.. I can take your advise.. but I will do what I want to do. So dont waste time in advising me)

Thats it. He had frustrated her even more. She shrugged off his arm and concentrated on making tea again.

Arnav: Khushi jab main baat karu toh meri taraf dekho!! ( Khushi when I talk to you.. Look at me)
As usual he warned her but she was quite stubborn this time.
Khushi: Nahi dekhenge!! (I wont see you)

She had no fear in back answering him. He felt disrespected but he wanted to get straight to the point.

Arnav: Aryan se lift kyon li? (Why did you take Lift from Aryan?)
Khushi was shocked that he came to know about this.
Khushi: Have you employed your men to spy on me ? ( She asked with desperation)
Arnav: I never did it but dont coax me to spy on you henceforth Khushi. What did Aryan tell you ? Better speak up. Or else..
Khushi: (angrily holding the spoon at his nose): Or else ? Or else Kya? What will you do Mr Arnav Singh Raizada? Raise your hand on me? Hurt me? Hurt my family ? What ? What will you do?

Arnav: ( clenching his jaw): SHUT UP!!

She was talking too much. How can she think he will raise his hand on her?

Khushi : Aap gussa karein toh koi faraq nahi padta... Aur hum gussa karein toh "Shut up?" Aap humse baat chupa sakte hai toh ab hum bhi aap ko nahi bataayenge ki Aryan ne humse kya kahan? Samjhe aap? (If you get angry it shouldnt matter to me, but when I do, then you ask me to "Shut up?" When you can hide things from me, even I will not tell you anything what Aryan told me. Do you get that?)

The spoon was just an inch away from Arnav's nose. Had anyone else been in Khushi's position, Arnav would have strangled that person for even pointing a finger at him and speaking in such a tone. He took the spoon out of her hand gently, without disturbing their eye lock and stepped forward. She took a step back in the same pace as his, staring him with confusion.

Arnav: Meri biwi ho .. Iss ka yeh matlab nahi ki tum Arnav Singh Raizada ko hi take over karo..!! Mujhse Shaadi karna jitna aasan tha, mujhse kuch chupaana utna hi mushkil ..

She gulped with nervousness. His talks scared her but at the same time even tickled her.He moved the hair strand behind her ear with a smirk.

Arnav: Promise me .. You will never take a lift from Aryan Roy again..

Arnav Singh Raizada exactly knew how to make Khushi do things his way!! He knew when to manipulate her and how!!

Khushi: ( nodding a yes sarcastically): Theek hai..!! I Promise never to take a lift from Aryan Roy.. Not because he is your Ex girlfriend's fiancee.. Not because he is your business rival.. Not because you dont like him.. I wont even wish to see his face because he speaks rubbish about my husband which I can never tolerate being your wife..!!

Arnav was terribly surprised when she so openly declared that she had come to know about the relationship between Aryan and Sheetal. So this is what Aryan told her? Neverthless he always expected Aryan to open his mouth some time , after that party night incident. Aryan was just trying to ruin his and Khushi's newly built relationship.

When Arnav didnt utter a word, she herself clarified what she was going through within her heart.

Khushi: You know Arnavji what hurt me the most today? It's not you talking rudely to me at home.. What hurt me is the fact that even after being your wife, you keep each and every incident related to your past hidden from me. I know it might be hurting to open your past up, but sometimes you need to know sharing it with your close ones might ease your pain .. You will have to allow me know the complete YOU Arnavji.. Only then I can help you.. Only then I can help myself and give our relationship a start. But I dont think you understand it.. !! So.. ( she gulped her tears).. Forget it.. !!

She turned around to continue with her tea. She opened the sugar tin and added one teaspoon sugar in the tea which was boiling on the burner.. She herself wasnt realising why she felt so disturbing today?

Arnav on the other hand gulped down all his anger looking at his wife in distress. She was the only woman who had shown the interest in knowing the complete him.. And that too not for her benefit.. But for THEIR Benefit.!! He felt like Khushi was already a Part of him..!!

He realised Khushi was still continuously adding teaspoons of sugar in that single cup of tea she had kept for boiling. He smirked at that situation and very gently reached her and took the Sugar tin off her hands. She was numb.

Arnav: I hope that tea was not for me!!

She understood what she was doing.. She looked at his face quickly ..

Khushi : Agar aap apni biwi pe itne sitaam karenge.. toh ek din woh aise hi cheeni waali chai aap ko pilayegi.. ( If you keep troubling your wife so much.. One day she will definately make you drink a tea with loads of sugar in it)

He might not have realised it but he was smiling at that statement of hers. She was so thrilled seeing Arnav Singh Raizada smiling. This was like the eight wonder of the world.. All her anger and frustration towards him was out of the kitchen window.

Arnav: (composing himself): Ghar chalo..!! (Lets go home)
Khushi then got the sense why she had come here .. She tapped her palm on her forehead.
Khushi: Yeh lo.. Hum toh bhool hi gaye the hum yahan kyon aaye !! Ek minute.. Hatiye. ( See.. I almost forgot why I had come here. One minute.. Move )

She pushed him aside and rushed to the living room where her Nani and Anjali were waiting for their talk to finish . They stood up when she came out.
Khushi: Di.. Where is Akash bhai?
Anjali: Akash? He .. He is at office .. Why?
Khushi: I wanted to speak to him before I leave to Bali with Arnavji.. Since I am not there this weekend when you all have planned to call Lavanya and sort Akash Bhai's issues with her. But Dont worry. I will meet him at Office and talk. Hum sambhaal lenge (I will handle it all)

Arnav ( interrupting): Excuse me? Thats my Office, not some Government Guests house where you can meet him anytime you wish.
Khushi: ( keeping both her arms on her waist and speaking in a sturdy tone): Humme aap se yehi umeed thi.. ( I expected the same from you )
Arnav: KHUSHI?? ( he warned her again by his tone not to talk like that with him )
Khushi sighed and came back to him.
Khushi (whispered): Arnavji.. Please try to understand he is my brother and he needs my help .. His love is in danger.. If I cant ask my husband's help whose help am I supposed to ask then?

If he can manipulate her as he wants, she too knew how and when to Blackmail him.. She made a cute puppy face trying to get his sympathy and it worked.
Arnav: FINE.. You can meet him there.. But only for 15 minutes.
Khushi jumped with joy..
Khushi: Done.. Toh ab chale? ( Great. So now lets go? )

She held his hand to leave for Raizada Office. He was stunned seeing the way she used her right on him, not that he disliked it. May be she herself wasnt aware how casual she had started behaving with him after their marriage. May be thats what the advantages of marriage are, he thought. Anjali and Nani were just watching Khushi's antics dumbly. She bid them bye and dragged Arnav Singh Raizada out to his car to take her at his office.

***************

Raizada Office

When they reached the office premises, Khushi was about to get down the car before him, she was in that hurry. He locked the car doors before she could think of doing it. She blankly looked at him for an answer.

Khushi: Arnavji? Open the doors. I have to go..
Arnav: I dont do favours without a Profit Sweetheart..!! If you want to meet your Brother at working hours, you will have to give me something in return.
Khushi: Yeh lo.. Mandir ab tak bana nahi aur darshan ke liye log bhi aagaye.. What do you want ? (See. The temple is not even built properly and the Devotees have come to visit it.. Anyways .. What do you want? )

Arnav smirked at her but she was still clueless about it. Suddenly his phone started ringing. It had to be an important call. He had to take it.
Arnav: Meet me in my cabin after 15 minutes. I will tell you what I want.

Her heart beat faster than usual looking at his mischevious eyes. He unlocked the car doors for her and though she didnt feel good about that clueless Profit he wanted, she rushed in the office to meet Akash. She had no choice. Talking to her brother was more important..