Part 20

Gupta House

Khushi was still planning what excuse she should give her family for going out with Arnav Singh Raizada the next day. Thats when her Jeejaji came back from his work. He looked tired and tensed. Anjali rushed to collect his bags and assisted him in taking off the coat.

Anjali: How was your meet with the new client?
Shyam didnt answer anything. He seemed to be lost in some deep thoughts. Anjali shook him and Khushi came there with a glass of water.

Anjali: Whats wrong Shyam? How was your meeting?
Shyam: The meeting was good Rani Saheba but then I am not sure if I will be able to handle this case or not.
Khushi: (Confused): Why Jeejaji? Why are you saying so? You have never considered any case difficult in all these years.
Shyam: I know Khushi but this is not like others. Its .. its messed up..
Anjali: Talk clearly Shyam. What is it?

Shyam being very professional never discussed his cases at home but this one was special. He had to inform the family and take their advise too.

Shyam: A lady in her late 20's is been accused for shooting a man who was her ex-boyfriend. She states that this Ex boyfriend of hers had tried to strangle her after an argument, which inturn lead this lady to shoot him by her gun even though she never meant to do so. Now luckily the ex-boyfriend survived but he revenged her by filing a case against her in the court charging an attempt of murder.
Khushi: Ohh!! This seems to be real bad Jeejaji. Cant they do a mutual settlement?
Shyam: She tried her ways but he is adamant in punishing her.
Khushi: But what kind of relationship they had? What happened which lead this cruelity between them?
Shyam: I dont know much yet but when asked, she said he was over possessive, dominant, hurtful in terms of behaviour and so on. So she had no hopes of their relationship and was trying to come out of it. But he didnt let her do the same. May be that hurted his manly ego and he tried hurting her even more. She had no choice . To save herself she shot him and though he survived, he didnt mind showing her what it means messing with a big shot personality like him.

Anjali: Such men should be hanged to death. They have no mercy for their love. All they know is hurting.
Shyam: Hmm..
Anjali: But Shyam what is wrong in this case? I mean its little twisted but you can save your client. I am sure you can do that ..
Shyam: I know I can Rani Saheba. But I dont know if I really should take this case or not..

Khushi: But why Jeejaji? Why do you have to think so much about taking this case or not?
Shyam: Because I know who has filed this case against my Client.. I know that man..
Khushi: You know him?
Shyam: Not just me. We all know him..
Anjali: Who is he Shyam??
Shyam: Arnav Singh Raizada.. !!

Khushi felt like the whole world turned upside down before her. Arnav Singh Raizada? He had a girl friend and she had shot him? Her heart started beating fast. His hurting behaviour and psycho nature was not unknown to her. She just hoped whatever happened with his ex girl friend, doesn't repeat with her now.

Anjali: Ohh my God. How cruel can he be? So my instinct was correct. I never liked him. His presence just makes me worried. Thats why I always warn Khushi not to come before him when he is here.

Khushi kept gulping down her nervousness. What is she supposed to tell her sister now? What will happen when her family will come to know he is the same man who is troubling her to be with him?

Shyam: I dont know Rani Saheba. But I am still thinking if I should be taking this up or not. He is the owner of this house. I dont want him to backfire on the family knowing I am standing against him.
Anjali: He can do anything, the way you described what your Client has gone through all these years, I am sure he can do anything Shyam. You better leave this case. Dont take it up.

Shyam and Anjali left inside whereas Khushi was still in a dilemma on what was happening. Should she confront this with ASR? She had a right to know what he means to do with her when he already has a girl friend!! Or may be he HAD one!! And now he needs her..!!!

***********

Next Morning

Khushi and Shyam were out in the market to get some vegetables. Shyam whenever was off from his work, always loved to do this household shopping .Anjali could not accompany him today thus Khushi came along. They had almost finished buying the vegetables and were returning home when suddenly a van crossed their way and stopped. 5 big fat goons got down and came forward towards Shyam. Khushi feared when the goons threw their vegetable bags down and held Shyam by his collar.

Goon: Eh!! What do you think of yourself huhh? You can stand up against anyone?
Khushi was scared . She started to hit the goon's back asking him to leave her Jeejaji..
Shyam: Who are you guys? And what do you want? Leave me or else I will call the police..
Goon: Police ?We dont fear them.. And dont act so innocent.. We are talking about Sheetal Sinha's case. Leave that case at once or you will have to leave this world.!! Samjhe?

Oh!! So they were ASR's hired goons? How sick of him to do this ? Khushi punched the goon and in anger the goon pushed her away. She lost her balance and fell down, hiting her forehead to the stone on the road. She was hurt. Blood oozed out but she stopped it by pressing her palm. The goons rushed back in the van and left the place. Shyam ran towards Khushi to check if she was fine.

Shyam: Saali Saheba.. Aap theek hai?
Khushi took his assistance in getting up.. She was in pain but she tried her best to hide it from her Jeejaji.. Shyam had noted down the Van number and he knew what he had to do.. He will complain this matter to the Police. He was a lawyer and no one had the right to threaten him leave a case!!

***********

Evening

Arnav lighted the cigar in a hurry and looked outside the car window. There were no signs of Khushi coming. He checked his mobile one last time and thought of dialing her number. She has no sense of time. He was waiting to take her out for a long drive since past 1 hour. Was she planning not to come? Dammit!! If she ditches him,he wont mind getting in her house and dragging her out before everyone..

He was about to dial her number when he finally saw her coming slowly towards his car which was parked at the same spot where they usually met. He took a sigh of relief and started the car engine. He didnt wanted to waste time anymore .He unlocked the car doors for her and she got inside .She didn't meet his eyes neither she spoke a word. That made him curious again to know what was wrong. He turned to see her and saw a bandage on her forehead. She was hurt? How?

He touched the bandage with his finger gently. She flinched.. It was a fresh wound..!! He didn't like seeing her in this state. It was clear from her expressions she was in pain.

Arnav: Kya hua?
Khushi(angrily): Kyon? Aap ke gundo ne aapko kuch bataaya nahi??

He was startled. What did she mean by that?
Arnav: ( pretending to be innocent): Kaunse gunde?

Khushi: Wohi.. Joh aaj market mein Jeejaji ko dhamkaane aaye the.. Unhone aap ko bataya nahi ki unhone jeejaji aur humaare saath kya kiya?

She didn't had to explain further. He had realised what must have happened. His face turned red as he accelerated his car on the roads. Khushi was holding her breathe and fear because she had no idea where he was taking her. They almost travelled some 5 kms. He had texted someone in between his drive. She had no clue he was taking her to a lonely godown unless he parked his car with a jerk inside this vicinity. She was tensed. His guards came and opened the car door. She didn't get down until he came and forced her out. He walked with her inside. She saw the same goons standing at the corner, surrounded by his guards. She was scared. He left her hand and punched the goon. The others seemed to be beaten too by Arnav Singh Raizada's guards.

Arnav strangled the goon's neck, pinning him to the wall. His guards secured the area, ensuring they dont have a visitor. Khushi was more than shocked by the scene happening before her.

Arnav ( Gritting his teeth): Maine uss Shyam jha ko dhamkaane ke liye kaha tha.. himmat kaise hui tumhari, meri Khushi ko chot pohuchane ki? ( I had asked you to warn Shyam Jha. How dare you hurt my Khushi? )

The goon struggled and tried to explain his point.

Goon: Sahab.. Uss Shyam ke saath yeh ladki bhi thi. Humme nahi maloom tha ki yeh aap ki kya lagti hai.. Bus zara sa dhakaa lag gaya aur yeh gir gayi.. (Sir.. This girl was along with Shyam Jha. We didnt know she relates to you. She felt a little push from us and she fell down. )

Arnav pulled the goon from his neck and punched him hard on his face. The goon fell down on the ground, straight at Khushi's feet.Khushi stepped behind in fear. Arnav's guards held the goon not allowing him to get up from the ground.

Arnav: Maafi maango Khushi se. (Apolozise to Khushi)

The goon started apolozising to Khushi , almost crying and pleading to save his life. Khushi was very much frightened to react. She kept looking at Arnav's merciless actions. Why was he beating this goon when he should be the one guilty? If Arnavji hadnt given orders to his goons to warn and scare Shyam Jeeju, they would never have tortured him and neither hurt her in the process. When she didn't react at all, Arnav came before her and pulled her towards him, looking in her eyes.

Arnav: How do you want me to punish them? Just say it..
Khushi kept looking in his eyes.

Khushi: Chod dijiye inn sab ko..
Arnav was shocked. He was not happy with her decision but he had no intentions to go against her wish today. He looked at his guards and then gestured them to leave. The guards took the goons along with them leaving him and Khushi alone. Arnav carefully held her arms again but she waved his hands off here.

Khushi: Don't touch me..
Arnav: Don't deny me..

He stepped towards her whereas she kept moving back.. She still looked angry..

Khushi: Kyon? Kya karenge aap? Humme police ke hawale kar denge? Ki hum ne aap ki baat nahi maani?
Arnav stopped.

Arnav: Toh Shyam Jha has told you everything about me? ( he gritted his teeth in anger)..
Khushi: Yes he did.. I am shocked Arnavji.. You had a girl in your life and instead of learning from your past mistakes you are again repeating them?
Arnav: We are not here to discuss my past. I don't wish to share anything with you.. Am I clear?

She kept quiet. She cannot win when he was her opponent.

Arnav: Ek aur baat.. This fight is between me and your so called Jeejaji.. Don't step between us.. Stay away.. I will take care of it.
Khushi: Fine.. But if anything.. I mean anything happens to my jeejaji, then I will never forgive you .. And I mean it Arnavji..!!!!!

She turned around to leave because there was nothing else to wait there. Arnav didn't stop her infact he followed to drop her back home. Their long drive can be done some other time.