29

Teddy karaoke era:

***

"Morning gorgeous!" Yamamoto gleamed when you entered the gym. "How was your sleep?"
"Well, Yachi got possessed for a while but other than that, it was fine." You explained like it was perfectly normal.

"She got what—."
"Possessed," you confirmed calmly.
"Are you okay?! Did you get possessed?! What do girls do at sleepovers?!"
Memories of the previous night came flooding back at those words.

The previous night...

There was a lot of screaming for one.
"GET SOME FUCKING HOLY WATER!"
"FROM WHERE?!"
"If we all just stay calm—."
"CALM?! SHE'S BENDING MORE THAN MY SEXUALITY!"

"HOLY CRAP I THINK WE'RE GONNA DIE!"
"Don't say that!" Yelled Kiyoko.
"We just need—."
"A FUCKING EXORCISM IS WHAT SHE NEEDS!"
"I. NEED. NORMAL. FRIENDS."
"WHO STARTED THAT FIRE?!"

Flashback over...

"I never wanna go to a girls sleepover," Yamamoto stated.
"I found it fun."
"Of course you did. Well, I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable around other people! This is good for you!" He smiled.

"Yes," you said flatly. "Now go warm up."
"Yes ma'am! Anything for you!" Yamamoto happily jogged away with this giddy smile on his face from speaking with you.

Nekoma had been training well so far, but you'd been drawn to Karasuno for more than one reason.

They'd been messing up a lot. It's like they'd completely changed. You'd wanted to ask Yachi and Kiyoko about it the night before, but it was a little difficult considering Yachi hadn't exactly been herself (a demon literally took control over her body).

Everything they tried failed. It seemed that all of the players had improved personally in some way, but making it work with their whole team wasn't so easy.

They caught your attention quite a bit. Eventually, your own team even noticed. They weren't too happy.

"You're meant to be our manager!" Lev whined.
"I am," you said.
"No you're not! You're disloyal!"
(Kiss me if u know where this quote is from).

"Karasuno already have two managers!" Yamamoto added in. "Pay attention to us!"
"Leave her alone you weirdos," said Yaku. "She's just interested."

Afterward, you felt a little bad. But Yaku reminded you that they just liked hearing you encourage them, not that you did it often. It involved using your words which you weren't great at.

***

That evening, Kaori had been using her fan. She slept on the floor next to you, and on your sleeping bag was your famous notebook.

Kaori was curious but didn't touch it. The fan did blow some pages though, and Kaori promised she'd only take a small peek.

"Woah..." now it wasn't a small peek. She was flipping through pages, skimming over all your work. "Damn, I wish I was this good at something."

And then she got to a few specific pages.
"Looks like she's got a crush." Kaori smiled cheekily.

To be continued...