50

Teddy and a strawberry:

***

The very next morning, all of the girls' dragged you to the lake that was connected at the edge of the woods not too far from the campsite.

There, Yukie stripped down to her underwear and jumped in and was soon followed by Kaori. They kept splashing each other and pushing the other under water.

As you stayed on land with Yachi and Kiyoko, you wondered about the strange things that occurred the previous night.

While by yourself during the game, you recalled seeing something move. You'd flashed the light and this "thing" fled from it and in turn, your sight. You'd shrugged it off, but the thought still remained: what did you see?

It was a mystery, one that you were intent on solving. But for now, you decided to enjoy the day. The environment was lovely and gave you some perfect references to sketch.

"Awww!" You turned around to see Lev and Yamamoto whining.
"You guys made it here first!" Said Yamamoto.

When he spotted you, his eyes lit up.
"How was your sleep?" He asked.
You looked away and then back. He waited patiently for your response. "Good," you said.

"Well it definitely paid off!" Lev interjected. "You look beautiful! All you guys do actually!" You all thanked Lev apart from Yukie who was currently being drowned underwater.

The boys' jumped in too and soon more followed. They were all having a great time while breakfast was being made by some of the more older students over at the campsite.

Ennoshita came a little later and joined in by sitting next to you.
"Morning," he said.
"Morning," you said.

The two of you sat there quietly while you drew. Ennoshita seemed fine not talking and just being there with you. He didn't speak at your work as he was afraid that would make you uncomfortable.

"Oh, hey," he said suddenly, remembering something. "I have something for you." From his pocket, Ennoshita dug out a small rock and placed it softly in your hand.
You quite liked rocks, but how did he know?

"I picked it up because it matches your eye colour." He pointed to your eye with a smile. You blinked. You looked at the rock closely; tilted it over in your hand a few times so the light could shine on to it.

It was a beautiful colour, but this couldn't be the same colour as your eyes, could it? To you, your eyes seemed so ordinary, so how was it that Ennoshita was able to see the resemblance between the wondrous hue of this rock and the shade of your eyes?

"Thank you," you said with a blush. "This is thoughtful." Ennoshita smiled softly and looked ahead just as he'd been doing before like he hadn't just confused you completely.

With the rock in your hand, you continued to look at it until breakfast was ready. When you were all called back, you carefully placed it in your pocket so it wouldn't be lost. There was another mystery you now had to solve.

To be continued...