49

Teddy says trans rights!

***

And then there was a shriek in the distance that caused everyone to be alert.
"What the actual fuck was that?!"

When you heard this shriek, you weren't startled or even a little frightened. Since the incident with Shoyo and the person who he had assumed to be Akaashi, you'd been waiting for something else to occur.

"There was a scream in the woods earlier too!" Yachi said, hiding herself with a blanket.
"We heard that too," said Kenma. Everybody exchanged looks and then looked to you.

"What?"
"Do you know what it could be?! You're smart!" Kaori reasoned.
"Well," you sighed. "It could be anything. A red foxes cry can sound similar to a human scream or shriek, or it could be what you're probably all thinking."

"A ghost!" Yachi said.
"A murderer." Yukie quarried.
"Another camper." Kiyoko proposed.
"Lev could have gotten lost," Kenma suggested.
"That could be it," everyone said in unison.

"Guys!" You were all called out of the tent where most people were up and had these looks of pure fear on their faces.

"Kenma? Why the hell are you with them?!" Yamamoto said.
"I didn't really have a choice." He shrugged.
"Why wasn't I invited?!"
"Why would you be?"
Yamamoto let out an offended gasp while Kenma just stared at him with a "?" look on his face.

"AH!" Shoyo screamed. "Oh my god! I thought you guys were ghosts!" That's when you all looked at one another and realised you were still all wearing a face mask each. You all took them off so it wasn't embarrassing or awkward (and so you didn't scare anyone to death).

"OK!" Suga shouted so everybody could hear. "Start a campfire! We need to have a meeting so everyone can stop freaking out!"

In another situation, maybe in different woods, this wouldn't be that big of a deal. But it wasn't just the people who usually got scared that were afraid of this place, everyone had a bad feeling, even if they didn't voice it.

***

When the campfire was lit, a discussion broke out regarding the sound. There was also a debate for what to do about it.

Most people said to just ignore it so they could all go back to sleep, but then there were people who were set on finding the source of the noise so then they could sleep peacefully.

Oh! And then there were the crazies, the ones who wanted to "hunt" the noise.
"What are you gonna do if it's a ghost?" Tsukishima chimed in. "Suck them up with a vacuum? Are we in Casper now?"

"Ennoshita!" Bokuto suddenly yelled. "Why didn't you tell us this place was haunted dude?!" He cried and held tightly on to Akaashi who was seated next to him with a very tired expression. Poor dude.
Ennoshita laughed. "It's not! I'm sure it was nothing you guys."

"You are way too calm about this!" Bokuto stammered. He shivered and buried his face into the crook of Akaashi's neck.

"We aren't just going to seriously go back to bed, are we?!" Lev interjected. "What if we get murdered?!"
"What?" Kenma said. "Are cannibals here too?" He rolled his eyes at Lev.
"There could be you know!"

"There are no cannibals or ghosts," said Ennoshita. He stood up and placed his hands in the pockets of the jackets he'd put on. "If you guys want me to go look I gladly will."

"Oh noooo!" Tanaka said. "Don't go! We should definitely go with you!" It was obvious to everyone that Tanaka badly did not want to go, but he did this to try and impress Kiyoko (it didn't work).

Ennoshita chuckled. "No it's okay, I'll go on my own. Everyone stay here, I'll take a flashlight. If I scream, I'm dead."
"Don't say that!" Asahi yelled. The poor guy was stricken with fear, he looked green.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Because Ennoshita was so calm, everyone believed he would be. He set off quickly and after a very long hour, he returned saying he couldn't see anything in the vicinity.

This put most people at ease, but it was only the first night. Nothing intense happened on the first nights. It was only the beginning of this trip that would no doubt be remembered.

To be continued...