59

Billy holding Ennoshita's hand:

***

When the girls picked you up from your shortened date, they were more than worried. But like always, you appeared fine with your blank expression and monotoned voice.

You sat in the passenger seat next to Kaori who was the driver while the others sat squished in the back. They all had a million questions but didn't want to overwhelm you with them.

However, before they had time to even greet you once you hopped in the car, you shocked them to their cores with your first words.
"How can I tell if I like someone?"

As you clicked in your seatbelt, they looked between one another, completely caught off guard by your question.
"W-well didn't we tell you already?" Yachi laughed nervously. "What it's like to have a crush on someone?"

You nodded firmly. "Mm. You did. Although, I'd like a more specific answer to be able to differentiate between platonic and romantic feelings," you told them.
The girls all stumbled over their next words, desperately trying to find an answer for you.

Meanwhile, you sat in the passenger seat totally oblivious to how they were struggling. All you could think about was that nice woman and how you felt almost guilty about saying yes to Oikawa's question on going out with him again when you really didn't want to.

Perhaps under different circumstances, you would have enjoyed your time with him but because it was classified as a "date", you wanted nothing to do with him whatsoever.

"I don't like Oikawa in a crush way," you said almost like it was a question. Every now and then when your voice altered, the girls were able to understand that you were really trying to get your point across.

"I couldn't feel the butterflies or the "passion" as Yukie said," you quoted, "so...I don't think I like him that way."
"A-and that's okay," Kaori told you while she kept her eyes on the road, voice a little shaky. It didn't seem like she was expecting this conversation. She had thought the car ride would consist of Yukie's threats toward Oikawa from treating you bad but thus far, you hadn't mentioned him doing anything wrong by you.

"Was your heart beating fast?" Yachi asked.
You looked out the window in thought. "Only when I had that panic attack," you stated.
"YOU WHAT?!" Yukie yelled. "W-what happened?! Are you okay?!"

"Hm? Yes, I am fine," you said calmly. "This woman whom I didn't know helped me and then I texted the group chat."
"Oh..." Yachi let out.
The girls took a few moments to process what you said before Kiyoko spoke up next.
"So then...if you're sure you don't like Oikawa...why do you want to know how to tell if you like someone?" She asked.

The girls patiently waited for an answer, albeit, not all of them. Yukie was practically ready to unbuckle herself and launch at you and force the answer out of you. She restrained herself of course, though it was difficult.

"I think I may have feelings for Ennoshita."
Kaori slammed on the breaks as all the girls screamed in unison, "WHAT?!"

To be continued...

sorry there's been so much writing, I just wanna get the plot across