39

Teddy playing the banjo:

***

LAST DARE: TALK AT AN OPEN MIC AND READ OFF A BOX LABEL
ASSIGNED: Y/N

Everyone winced.
"Remember," said Kiyoko. "You don't have to do it." Everyone looked at you sympathetically.

If you didn't do it, you knew you'd feel guilty about it. "No," you said. "That's alright. I'll do it." The girls were surprised but supportive anyway.

"Ooooo!" Yukie cooed. "What label should we get? Maybe some crackers? Pocky?" The girls began discussing while you stood there worrying about it all.

They were right. You didn't have to do the dare, but you felt like you did. Everyone else had, and some of them hadn't been easy.

You felt compelled to. If they could do it, that meant you could too! Right?
In the end, you landed on a box of pocky, the strawberry flavour.

The five of you all went to a juice bar where there was an open mic! When you signed your name on the list, your stomach turned even more.

As you waited for your turn, this sensation in your stomach only intensified. The people going up were actually quite good and you enjoyed listening to them, but this only made it more unbearable for yourself.

And then your name was called. Without looking at anyone, you made your way up onto the stage. When you were forced to look up, you only looked at the girls.

Their encouraging looks were able to calm your nerves a bit. You thought to yourself for a moment. If this were last year, this wouldn't have happened. There would have been no chance you'd be doing this.

This year, however, was different. This year, you had friends; people who cared about you. This was going to be funny, it was going to be fun.

As you read out the label of the pockly in that monotoned voice of yours, the girls couldn't help but giggle uncontrollably.

The rest of the audience were confused but somehow, some were intrigued.
"I feel like she knows something we don't..." one said.
"Right?" The person's friend agreed. Yeah, you sorta had this effect on people.

When you read the last line and looked up, the room began clapping (even if it was horseshit).
The girls' were very proud and Akaashi gave you the whereabouts of the next key since you'd all completed the dares.

It felt nice. It was difficult, but you'd done it and it hadn't been that bad. You even had a little fun, who would have thought!

***

The rest of the treasure hunt consisted of a quick trip to the beach where Yukie choked on sand. Kaori cut her toe on a seashell and Kiyoko got asked out a million times.

Yachi got chased by yet another dog. You rejected a few people without even knowing. Yukie got rejected by someone and did know and acted like she didn't care.

A skateboard hit Kaori in the face. You all nearly got run over! An old man called Jerry gave you all some money which you spent on lunch.

Somehow, you all accidentally entered a cosplay convention and won. Yukie made out with someone dressed as Spider-Man, go her. Kaori had way too much cotton candy.

Yukie got hit in the face by a ball again. You scared a group of mean mums away from picking on Yukie's style choices.

You all made best friends with an old lady called Lilith who invited you to Bingo night next week. Yachi had a shelf full of stuffed animals fall on her.

You all were interviewed by security but you got them all out of it somehow (the girls were convinced you'd blackmailed them but no one really knows).

A nearby gang gave you all their jackets because you'd helped them fix one of their tires. Yukie attempted to flirt with one of the gang members but was stopped by Kaori (thank god).

Kaori nearly ran into her ex but avoided him by throwing a mannequin on to him and dashing away. You scared many people by accident.

Yukie attempted to shoplift but Kiyoko stopped her. You all got a pedicure. There was a spaghetti eating contest and Yukie won.

The treasure you got was a nice cake that you all finished at Yukie's house where you sung karaoke and had a spa night.

You watched horror movies and had a drunk man fall from the roof into the bushes below. You went outside and checked to see if the man was alive. He was.

You called the police but they didn't show up for a while. The man woke up and asked for some pizza. Yukie shrugged and said sure.

He watched the movie from the window until the police arrived. He complimented Yukie's house and left with the police calmly.

Then, you all went to sleep! Best. Birthday. Celebration. Ever.

To be continued...

a day with this group is certainly entertaining