36

Billy having a little swim:

***

After ten minutes had passed, you pulled out a mini dusting kit from your messenger bag. Kaori looked at you from where she was crouched.

"Are you a secret detective or something?" She asked, totally bewildered as to why you just casually had these things.

"No," you responded, not picking up on her sarcasm. "That's impossible, I'm still a minor."
Instead of telling you she was joking, Kaori just went along with it and laughed.

You weren't quite sure why Kaori laughed, but you were glad you'd made her react in a positive way. You still hadn't gotten used to making people laugh instead of them just laughing at you, but you were slowly learning to accept it.

As you dusted for any finger prints that could help you all along, you noticed a pair of glasses with a red tint. You showed them to the rest of the group and Yachi pointed out a blank piece of paper on the wall in the little storage room.

So, you all went to see if the glasses could see anything your normal vision could not. And they could. With the glasses, you saw a lock combination. You read it out to the girls so they knew what it was.

Kaori ran over to one of the metal boxes she found and you all followed. As you repeated the numbers, Kaori put them in and then the lock clicked open.

From it, Kaori pulled out an old passport, a wedding photo that had deteriorated, and a ring that was tarnished.

Yukie took one look at the man and women in the picture and said: "I'd sleep with both of them." Everyone turned to Yukie with a 'really?' look on their face.

"Well you couldn't anyway," you said. "They are dead. This picture is from 1918."
"Woah," said Yachi. "That's a long time ago."
"Yeah," Kiyoko laughed. "It is."

***

Later on, the date on the wedding photo became important and you suddenly were all informed of the couples story.

They were separated by World War Two and learning this, most of the girls cried, especially Yachi.

"THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE IT!" She declared. Yukie clung onto Yachi, hugging her for support as she sobbed.

"I hope," Kaori hiccuped. "That they have reunited in this life time!" She sobbed too.
But you and Kiyoko weren't, so you were able to solve the puzzle.

A secret room in the storage room had been revealed, you had to open it using the passport that had a secret magnet implanted into it.

It clicked open and when you all entered, you saw a puzzle in the middle of this small room amid nothing but air and dust.

Kaori sneezed. "This dust is sending off my allergies!"
"Most dust is made up of dead skin cells," you said casually. "About 20-50%." The girls froze.
"Someone slaver me in lotion right now," said Kiyoko. The managers all giggled.

Eventually, you and Kiyoko were able to find another magnet hidden in a chess piece. The puzzle was a little maze covered by a thick layer of plastic and a marble rested in the top left corner of the board.

Using the magnet and the numbers from the couples marriage photos, you were able to lead the marble to each number one by one. On the last one, a little secret department popped open and there it was, the key to get out.

***

Once out, you were all immediately faced with another challenge. The employee that had locked you all in and handed you the Prime Key and sent you on your way with another clue.

But first, you all wanted some ice cream. You'd insisted on getting them for everyone since everybody looked more tired than you.

As you were waiting in line, you felt a tap on your shoulder. It was Oikawa dressed in a breezy outfit, perfect for the weather.
"Hi," he smiled.
"Hello," you said.
He blushed. "Uh—what are you getting?"
"I'm getting a few for all of us."
"Us?"

You nodded and pointed toward all the girls at the worst possible moment. Yachi was screaming at Yukie because a swan was chasing after her while Kiyoko was laughing her ass off and Kaori was getting all the angles she needed.

"Oh," said Oikawa. "Well uh-do you mind if I pay for you?"
"Why would you do that?" You asked.
Oikawa flushed more and rubbed his neck with a nervous laugh. "Because I want to?"
"Well if you want to I suppose that's fine," you said.
He smiled. "Cool," he said. "Maybe we can get it by ourselves sometime."

"Maybe," you said. Your bluntness hurt a little, but nonetheless Oikawa felt lucky to have bumped into you. He got to see your gorgeous face so why wouldn't he be happy?

***

After Oikawa had paid for yours and the girls' ice creams, he waved you goodbye and asked you to text him.

When you brought the ice creams over, the girls had sort of stopped being a mess.
"Y/n, never leave us again!" Apparently, you'd been crowned the peace keeper.

"What flavour did you get?" Yachi asked you as she licked her strawberry ice cream.
"Lobster." You said before taking a bite. Yachi looked at you with a horrified expression.

To be continued...

I love y/n being a little weirdo it's so funny 😭