56

Teddy watching you and the girls get you ready for your date:

***

On Saturday, the girls' all came over to your house to talk and to get you ready before you went out with Oikawa.

He'd said where he was taking you was a surprise, but the thing is, you didn't like surprises.

It wasn't his fault since he didn't know, but this did make you feel a little anxious.

Whatever you were doing it required casual wear, nothing too fancy and so you sat on your bed patting Teddy while the girls argued about what you should wear.

They asked for your input at the beginning, but you told them that they could choose and they took your word and fucking ran with it.

You trusted them since they knew what you were comfortable with wearing and they'd seen the kind of thing you wear before.

"How are you feeling about it?" Kiyoko asked as she laid out a potential pair of jeans.
"Nervous," you said.

"And how does Teddy feel about it?" Kaori joked.
With a straight face, you responded, "he's not sure yet."

Kaori knew that you were serious and wasn't really fazed by now.

"It's ok to be nervous," Kiyoko carried on. "If you get too anxious just call us and we'll be there right away."

A warmth grew inside your chest and you realised how grateful you were to have been blessed with friends like them.

"Thank you," you said and Kiyoko smiled at you before continuing on.

In the end, the girls decided on an outfit that was perfect for the weather and that you felt comfortable in.

When you came out in it, they clapped and showered you with compliments, spinning you around so they could have a better look as you laughed.

Kiyoko did your hair and makeup next while the others sat around you eating and going on their phones and talking.

As Kiyoko took a brush to your face and the time got closer to when Oikawa would be there to pick you up, your heart began to race.

To calm down, you held on to the rock Ennoshita had given you that one morning by the lake and took a gentle breath.

You felt a little better and Kiyoko put her brush down and held up a the mirror that sat beside her in front of you.

The girls all waited for your reaction.
They weren't able to see the shock on your face as you were pretty expressionless, but you certainly felt it.

"I look pretty," you said softly.
Yukie squealed. "Yes, you do!" She said and hugged you tightly.
"Don't smudge her makeup!" Kaori yelled at her while they all laughed.

There was never a time before where you could genuinely believe that you felt pretty so this moment was new to you.

"You did good," you complimented Kiyoko flatly.
She smiled at you. "All I did was enhance your already present features. Honestly, I didn't put on that much."

***

When you opened the door to Oikawa, you flatly greeted him. His eyes went wide as pink dusted across his cheeks.

"You look really beautiful," he said.
"Thanks."
Oikawa smiled and held out his hand for you to take. "Are you ready to go?"

As a response, you accepted his hand and he walked you over to his car where he opened the door for you before getting in himself.

From one of the windows, the girls watched the scene go down.
Yukie sobbed. "There goes my sweet baby girl!"

Kaori laughed and patted her on the back. "She's gonna be fine."

Yachi sniffled too. "I'm so proud of her! She's come so far!"

Even Kiyoko was a little teary eyed. "I'm happy she feels beautiful."

"This is not turning into a crying session," Kaori said, but they could all see the tears building up in her eyes.

To be continued...

how will the date go? 🤭