Love beyond time : Extra story

[ This isn't related to the story by any means, I just wanted to write something.. it's a Y/n x ijekiel, I will be using  cayena name tho ]

The two encountered one and another in blissful spring season when the colorful rays of flowers bloomed across the empire, you were a royal princess while he was the heir of Alpheus family. Their friendship was nothing but a mere  political.

Soon autumn washes over the empire, painting the city with maple red and yellow. They found comfort in one and another, growing closer as they spend the day together but faith had different plans for them.

Your older sister, Athanasia was betrothed to Ijekiel Alpheus family, you couldn't understand why your heartached by the news.

The empire grew colder as breeze brought winter.

You were lost within your thoughts, when a soft pat on your head interpreted you.

Ijekiel smiles softly

" Hello there, your highness " he bends alittle.

" Oh.. hello ijekiel "you tried smiling forcing a curve on your lips but your bitter eyes betraying you.

Ijekiel noticed the flickering sadness in your eye, and it tugged his heart strings. He leans in closer, concern etched in his face.

" My dear, Is something troubling you ? Your smile doesn't quite reach your eyes "

He reached out gently, placing a hand on your cheek, his touch warm against your skin.

The warmth across your cold skin melts you down, a single drop of tear rolling down.

" It's nothing.. just cold "

I chuckled.

Ijekiel heart clenched at the sight of the tear rolling down your cheek, his brows furrowing in concern. He brought his hand to your cheek again, this time wiping away the stray tear with a gentle touch.

" The cold weather may be biting, but sometimes our hearts bear a different kind of chill. If there's anything on your mind or if you simply need someone to listen, please know that I am here and ready to lend an ear "

" It's just not fair .. ijekiel why can't it be me not her.. " You look down to avoid his gaze, bitting down on your delicate lips.

His expression softened, and he reached out to gently lift your chin, lifting your gaze to meet his.

" Princess  ... I understand your pain more than you know. But sometimes, life takes unexpected turns that we cannot control. Our hearts may long for something different, but duty beckons us down a different path " He kept his voice low and gentle, trying to offer solace amidst the turmoil you faced.

" Know this, though—I cherish our connection deeply. You are far more special to me than mere titles or arranged marriages can comprehend. And should you ever need someone by your side who truly understands what it means to yearn for love against all odds... I will always be here for you " With those heartfelt words lingering in the air between them like an unspoken promise, ijekiel couldn't help but let a subtle hint of longing slip into his eyes

" I .. wish we were two different people the one that did not need to say goodbye.. " you smile softly, your hand clunching against your chest. Your eyes feel heavier with your vision getting blurry from your tears.You run toward your chamber hoping he won't notice.

" Cayena wait.. " Without hesitation, Ijekiel chased after you, his strides long and purposeful. He caught up to you just outside your chamber, reaching out to grasp gently at your arm.