Season 2 : The dark truth

Anastacius paced his cell like a caged beast, manacles chaining his hands above his head. He glared into shadowed corners as if seeing things others could not.

"Silence! I'll not be swayed by the whispers,again " he growled. But the voices in his mind were not so easily quelled.

Your daughter cares not for you. That whelp only seeks the throne through her false father Claude._ Aeternitas's words curled through his thoughts with sinister mirth.

Anastacius slammed the wall in impotent fury. "Cayena knows nothing. She is but a child, not knowing what's wrong or right "

Still the aeternitas insisted. _Blood will tell. She is as ambitious and ruthless as her sire._

"ENOUGH!" Magic surged despite his bonds, the cell trembling with unrestrained power. When he spoke again, anguish laced his tone.

"Cayena...she shines still, as bright as her mother's gems. I would see her greatness unbound, not twisted by the designs of others..."

In the echoing silence, even Aeternitas had no response. Anastacius sank to the floor, alone with the ghosts that haunted his soul.

" Fool," Aeternitas hissed. "Even your brother stabbed you through the heart, and for what? That glittering throne you could never grasp?"

He punched the wall in anguish, as Aeternitas' mocking voice faded, leaving him alone once more with his festering thoughts. His fist clenched as memories resurfaced - of Claude's blade piercing his heart all those years ago, of waking in this wretched form.

"Was I truly so undeserving?" he whispered to the shadows. For two decades he had known nothing but isolation and madness. Even his beloved daughter's light had been stolen by his accursed brother.

Twenty years of hiding from his own brother, away from his daughter's, and for what? Mother's poisonous ambition had blinded him for 30 years.

" Y/N " he whispered into the shadows,

As if summoned, her shimmering form appeared, as radiant as the first moment he'd seen her. His Y/N, his gentle star, smiled sadly as she smoothed the tears from his cheek.

"You have flown too close to the sun.." she breathed, and at her touch hope was rekindled. Wrapped in her soothing light once more, the rage and hatred draining away, Anastacius knew he had been a fool.

All he'd ever wanted was here - his love, and the child they'd thought lost to him. By her hands would he be redeemed, and together they would build a new future from the ashes of his mistakes. His family, whole at last but it was just a flicker of imagination. Nothing in the world was his but his brother's.

"Uncle..."

His head looked up and there she was, his child al  grown up into a young lady, regarding him from beyond the cell bars. Pride and pain warred within Anastacius' chest as he schooled his expression into sternness.

"Cayena...to what do I owe this pleasure?" he asked, hating how the familial title tasted bitter as ash upon his tongue.

She called his brother ' father 'with such ease, while the very word uncle pained him coming from her rose petal lips. His daughter, forever locked away from his embrace.

Anastacius dredged up a smile. "Did my little princess miss her poor Uncle that much, to grace me with her radiant presence?"

He knew full well he could never claim her nor could he tell Cayena the truth of her lineage.

A guard steps forward and unlocks the gate of the cell letting cayena enter the cell,. locking it behind her.

She puts up a soundproof barrier around them so that no one can hear their conversation.

Anastacius was quite puzzled but he didn't say much. Cayena finally spoke

" I know.. "

Anastacius eyes widened in surprise, Just two words but it tore his heart apart.

He wondered if she truly knew of her birth. Does she hate him for being her father or will she be happy.

Anastacius smiled shaking his head " I don't know what you're talking about, princess.. "

Cayena sighs, as she speaks.

" It was u, wasn't it ? Visiting me every night when I feel sick or leaving behind Candy on the bedside.. "

Anastacius listens to her words as he remains silent, he knows if he tells her, her bright light would be stolen from her. How could a traitor like him be her father. It was his brother that deserves to be her father.

Cayena narrows her eyes slightly annoyed that he doesn't even look her up in her eyes. She speaks again.

" My daddy knows "

Anastacius looks up at cayena when he hears that claude knows.

" He knows yet he lets it slide as if it was nothing.  He truly loves you huh.. " Anastacius laughs with a sour expression on his face.

" I-i .. " Cayena doesn't know what to say as she had never thought a day like this would come. She coughs as she sits beside him.

" Who is my mother..? "

Anastacius looks down at his cuffed hands, avoiding to look her in the eyes scared that he looks up at her in the eyes. It will be full of disgust and denial. Nothing in the world belongs to him.

" Y/N .. that's your mother's name. She came into my life like a light and disappeared into the darkness of my heart. I was blinded by my mother's words. She was attacked by bandits while she was pregnant with you. If only i had stayed with her . I could still have her in my arms. I wanted to protect u.. when i heard Diana was pregnant.. I used her as a vessel to have you"  Anastacius explained fidgeting with his fingers.

" You gave away your life source.. didn't u !? " Cayena asked, No one can bring back the dead without paying a price. Anastacius broke the cycle of birth and died to see his child, giving away half of his life source. 

" You're smart.. I have no regrets doing it so. I have nothing in this world that belongs to me but u can have everything. My child "

( For those who wonder when did anastacius meet Y/n .. yes I used Y/n so that u guys can be anastacius lover. When anastacius was hiding away he stumbled upon Y/N in a country side where she helped him and fell in love. She was killed by bandits that came to rob the house when she was pregnant. Anastacius was away in the kingdom planning to seize the throne. When he came back it was too late. All he saw was Y/N life-less body. To save his unborn child, he made a deal with aeternitas again. give up his life span   to use diana as a vessel for his daughter. Y/N never knew anastacius was the former emperor since he always uses his disguise )

( Cayena is born from claude and anastacius mana, so they both are kinda her biological father as for her mother its you and slightly diana too. It's a bit of a happy family.. I planned this for 2 years now so ya if u don't like it.. i am sorry. It's very confusing but ya )