Chapter 5 - You Remind Me Of Someone From My Childhood

Sapnap was about to jump from the current tree he was in when he heard a rustle from behind him.

"Dream is that you?" He asked out loud.

"Go away" Dream responded with a snarl.

"I ain't here to do anything, I'm only here because people are worried about you" Sapnap replied sitting on the tree branch he was originally stood on, not looking at anything in particular.

"I don't care, and why should I even trust you?" Dream growled out.

"Naturally you shouldn't, but have I done anything?" Sapnap spoke, resting his head against the main trunk of the tree.

Dream didn't respond, only shuffled around even more.

"You know, you remind me a lot of somebody from my childhood" Sapnap opened up slightly, "He too was an Omega who wouldn't take others crap".

"What was his name?" Dream asked climbing down from a tree, willing to give the boy a chance. He sat a tree away on higher branch.

"I don't quite remember, but he was a big part of my life, inspired me to ignore the expectations of society" Sapnap replied calmly.

"That sucks..." Dream said, "I don't remember my childhood, I suffered head trauma at 12 which messed with my head".

"What caused it?" Sapnap questioned.

"Stuff, I don't talk about it, I haven't even told Techno yet" Dream responded.

"Well that dude you beat up, needs to hospital, Techno's looking frantically through the treetops on the other side of the woods and some teacher, I think he was called Phil, was calling somebody called Puffy" Sapnap responded filling Dream in.

"She's going to kill me-" Dream spoke.

"Who is She?" Sapnap asked

"An extremely close friend who is unintentionally my parental figure" Dream replied.

"She nice?" Sapnap continued, keeping convocation going.

"She's the best, way better than my biological pricks" Dream answered shrugging, "You live with your parents?".

"Unfortunately, mine too are a couple of dicks" Sapnap responded, "You realise your going to have to go back?".

"Not right now, this is the only place most can't reach; where I can get a moment of quite" Dream preached, pulling his knees to his chest. "What's it like being an Alpha from your perspective, I treat a lot of them like shit and I don't truly understand them".

"I mean from what I saw today, you have every right to. If your one that cares its about finding the right one and getting to know them, for others it's almost a game to catch Omegas off guard to mark them" Sapnap responded.

"They way I acted earlier wasn't exactly the most welcoming, I'm very sorry..." Dream said, almost like it was forced out.

"Not used to apologising?" Sapnap chucked.

"God no-" Dream laughed, "usually I'm in the right and I don't get all sappy".

"Neither really, kinda cringe as Techno would put it" Sapnap mumbled out, "anyways I'm going to head back to the others, I'll let them know to expect you in 10 mins, that long enough?".

"I'll see you in 10" Dream mumbled climbing back into the higher tree tops.

Sapnap pulled out his phone, to message Techno:

'I found him, he said he'd be back with the others in 10 minutes'.

He put his phone back into his pocket before dropping to the ground floor. It was way easier to navigate from there.

His surroundings were recognisable, he kept a metal note of his route in the branches so he could retrace his steps.

Before he knew it he was back with the others, where Techno was already waiting.

"Snail" Techno joked.

"I found him first" Sapnap responded sticking his tongue out.

"Techno honestly, why do you always make everything a competition" Phil said.

Techno only grumbled nonsense.

"Anyways, you 2 can head to the nurse and sort yourselves out, your littered in bruises" Phil said pushing the 2 along. Without complaints, the 2 left while Phil and a handful of the others stayed to await Puffy and Dream.

7 minutes had past and Puffy arrived.

"Where is he??" She panted, clearly indicating she had rushed here.

"Sapnap said he'd be here in 10 about 9 minutes ago" Phil responded giving Puffy a hug. Puffy was an Omega, naturally for an Omega to calm down or just relax, hugs tend to work best.

Puffy and Phil know each other well, after countless interaction. Phil out of respect hugged Puffy every time she was stressed, to which Puffy would always accepted it.

"What happened" Puffy asked, pulling away from Phil.

"Jo came over, shoved Dream to the floor, ran across him then, called him sunshine" George explained, "Considering, he tried making Dream submit again this morning, it was probably Dreams final straw and he went ferral".

Before Puffy could respond to the information she had acquired; Dream had jumped from a tree and landed on the floor and was walking towards the group.

[804 Words Total]