Chapter 43 - Digesting the night before

The 3 walked into school Dream still acting dull but also making comments in conversation.

"HOLA MIS AMIGOS!!!" Quackity yelled running over and jumping on Dream.

The 2 immediately falling to the floor, making them both laugh.

"Quackity are you trying to break Dreams back" Illumina asked, walking over to their other friends.

"NO!! I JUST GOT EXCITED TO SEE MIS AMIGO" Quackity shouted.

"Alright get off me now me, you saw me yesterday" Dream huffed out giving Quackity a nudge. The 2 stood up brushing themselves off while a couple of the others laughed a little more.

"What's everyone got first?" George asked, starting up the conversation.

"I don't know, I'm helping set up for the tournament next week" Fundy replied, crossing his arms.

"I forgot about that" Illumina stated, "who's going for it this year?".

"Whoever coach decides" Wilbur responded, looking at Dream's way who was entirely zoned out of conversation.

"Are you hoping to get through this year's Dream?" Techno asked.

Dream didn't talk, just nodded, "I'm going to wonder about the school".

"Okay?? I guess we will see you at break?" Punz asked, watching the boy walk off.

"What's up with Dream?" George asked.

"Rough night from what we know '' Techno replied, cutting the topic short.

"Is he alright?" Bad asked.

"He's perfectly fine, don't worry about him," Wilbur said smiling.

Dream didn't know where he was walking, he didn't know what lesson he had, he didn't know if anybody would care and he certainly didn't know why he was feeling so out of it this morning. He knew he would eventually lighten up as the day went on... but he doesn't usually feel so out of it.

He ended up walking to reception. They had a room for kids who were easily overwhelmed. He didn't know if he was overwhelmed but the possibility was there due to his ADHD.

"Good morning Dream, should you not be in class?" The receptionist asked.

"No, I don't want to be there right now" Dream responded dully, "can I go in the special room?".

"Of course you can, it's what it's there for" The receptionist replied standing up to open the door for Dream to get in.

"If you need anybody to talk to, let me know" .

Dream thanked the lady and took a seat in the corner of the room. He assumed all his behaviour was due to ignorance to how he was feeling last night. So in small chunks, he started digesting everything.

He came to the conclusion that he was feeling vulnerable. He could easily defend himself against any Alpha, but start picking at his past traumas that had bugged him. He wasn't feeling as mentally strong as he usually is.

He took some deep breaths and started motivating himself, there was nobody around. Not many people had access to the room he was in and he was able to speak freely to himself.

"I did go through all that"

"People do now know that I went through that"

"They know the details of that"

"They know how I'm dealing with it all"

"But that should not affect me"

Comments he wanted to engrave in his mind were repetitively swirling his brain.

He hadn't realised 2 hours had passed until he heard a knock, bringing him out of his motivational mindset.

"Dream dear, it's break time, why don't you come out for a bit" She suggested.

Feeling more secure in himself, Dream agreed happily and stood up with more energy in his step.

He took his leave and started wandering the halls, he would eventually end up hanging out with friends, but there was no harm in taking a stroll before getting to them... especially if it meant he could get in the way of one of Tubbo's Bullies.

"Oi prick," Dream said, walking up to the brown haired boy who had shoved Tubbo to the floor.

When the boy turned around and saw Dream he didn't really clock who it was. All he saw was a boy in a green jumper and a big smile face mask.

"What do you want?" He deadpanned.

"Well I'd love to snap your neck in 2 but I can deal with a punch to the face" Dream explained getting in between the 2.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" The boy snarled.

"Tubbo's older brother, my name Dream, I'm pretty sure it's circled your year group recently" Dream recalled watching the once arrogant and confident bully, crumble into a nervous wreck.

"I... I- d.d.ddidnt - m...m... mean it??" The boy stammered.

"Really, well why don't you apologise to Tubbo and if I see you do it again, that punch will be thrown your way" Dream replied, almost using a babying voice.

"I'm so sorry Tubbo, it will not happen again!" The boy pleaded before tripping over his own feet and running off.

Dream was about to walk away knowing Tubbo would be fine but he was stopped by his hand.

"I didn't do anything last night, you shouldn't be mad at me" Tubbo stated.

"I'm not..." Dream trailed off.

"Well then you'd stick around for a while and make sure nobody came back" Tubbo challenged. He knew Dream's one weakness, a challenge.

"Fine..." Dream mumbled, sitting next to Tubbo in a slouch.

"Did you eat in the end last night, Phil and Puffy had an argument last night about going to get you to eat" Tubbo asked, eating one of his yoghurt he brought.

"I did, although I don't quite remember eating it..." Dream said, shrugging.

"What do you mean you don't remember?" Tubbo panicked.

"Well I remember taking the food out of the microwave and zoning out slightly. I blinked and woke up on the floor in the living room, with an empty plate" Dream explained laughing slightly.

"Why are you laughing?!?, surely that's not a good thing!" Tubbo scolded.

"I mean I see no harm in it, wouldn't be the first time either" Dream joked.

All he received was a shove from Tubbo. 

[972 Words Total]