Chapter 36 - The Forest

Dream and Sapnap were walking back from school just chatting about common interests.

"Wait so we've both got extremely similar life plans?" Dream asked to confirm that his ears weren't playing tricks on him.

"Pretty much" Sapnap shrugged.

"That's so weird" Dream laughed.

"What's you plans for this evening then?" Sapnap asked.

"I'm assuming I'm going to be in trouble when I get home, other than that I don't have any plans" Dream replied.

"Wanna go on another walk, it can be now, delay the telling off" Sapnap offered.

"Your parents not worry about you going straight home?" Dream questioned.

"Nope, they couldn't care less a out me" Sapnap replied.

"I mean I'm down, I'll message Puffy and Foolish" Dream responded, doing exactly what he said he would do.

"Where do you wanna go to then?" Sapnap asked watching Dream put his phone away.

"There's a forest I usually go parkouring in if you wanna go there, there's a cool river/creek" Dream explained.

"I'd love to" Sapnap replied. So that's what the 2 did.

They continued walking and talking for ages, none of them really kept an eye on time, but they eventually made it to the River Creek.

"This the place?" Sapnap asked, pushing a tree branch out of his way.

"Yep" Dream said launching his bag into a tree trunk and jumping to dangle off tree branch.

"Your like a child, your so energetic" Sapnap laughed watching Dream pull himself into a tree.

"So many people say that about me" Dream replied sitting on the branch, "I think it's my inner child coming out as when I was suppose to be one, it wasn't very pleasant".

"Mabey" Sapnap shrugged, pulling himself up to sit with Dream.

"Please tell me you can climb trees to the extreme?" Dream asked, hoping he'd have somebody to climb trees with.

"I wouldn't say extreme, but I work my way round treetops" Sapnap replied.

"Sweet, wanna go for a treetop tour, I know all the best routes around here" Dream replied.

"Lead the way".

And that's what Dream did, he was gliding through the branches, barely getting caught by and twigs to nip at his skin. Sapnap wasn't as graceful but mostly kept up.

They did multiple laps of the woods, sometimes playing tag with each other, and other times just sitting and talking. The 2 were hitting it off so well.

"I feel like I've met you before?" Dream giggled dangling upside down while Sapnap was on the ground where Dreams bag was.

"What do you mean?" Sapnap asked, a little worried...

"I don't know, I don't just click so well with a person, yet I've done it with you in less than a week. It took me months to finally talk with Techno" Dream explained, "It took me weeks to trust Puffy, everyone in the friend group only got my trust after like half a year, yet here you are, already got me trusting you in 3 days, very weird".

"Some people just have a click" Sapnap replied shrugging his shoulders, "We should probably get heading back now, it's half 6 already".

"Fuck, it feels like only half an hour has passed" Dream observed.

"Well when you insist I kept trying to jump across the River Creek multiple times, its was already going to take a while to finally finish the run around" Sapnap laughed.

"Fair point" Dream reasoned, jumping out and down from the tree he was in and putting his bag on his back.

"I'm going to be so sore tomorrow" Sapnap complained as he stretched waiting for Dream.

"You big baby" Dream said rolling his eyes.

"Oh come on, I'm not usually climbing trees for 2 hours" Sapnap reasoned.

"It's just a me thing then" Dream laughed leading the way to get out if the woods.

"Anyways, what's up with you and your parents?" Dream asked, having no clue what to say to keep convocation going.

"They just don't like me, I don't follow expectations, simple really" Sapnap shrugged, "yours?".

"Same, only I don't remember everything they did" Dream shrugged.

"You think you'll ever get your memories back?" Sapnap asked sounding hopeful for some reason.

"I do, although I think they will come to me very slowly" Dream replied. He knew he was right, as he he had started gaining them back, however Sapnap didn't need to know that information.

"Well I'll send my prayers to you" Sapnap replied smiled, "anyways, my house is this way, and yours is that way so this is where we part, I'll see you in school tomorrow".

"Bye Sapnap!!!" Dream responded turning away to walk home.

It was peaceful, nobody out sun starting to set, it was one of those picture perfect memories. It was rolling around 7pm when he finally came in through the door. 

[775 Words Total]