Chapter 25 - Memory Overload

Dream was extremely stressed, the memory that was triggering him anonymously had been brought through some brainwave. He had lived, roughly 7 or so, memories of this particular situation... only worst in about 39 seconds.

He was only 9 at the time. He had just came home from school and his Dad and Mum were on the sofa watching TV whilst drinking alcohol. Dreams ability to reject an Alpha growl had been happening a lot more recently, which was driving his drunk Alpha parents up the walls.

They wanted society to work withing the strict stereotypical standards, yet their own child ruined it for them.

"We got a call today" Dreams Biological Dad said, "a teacher saying your eyes glowed maroon when a kid told you to find your place".

"I was standing up for myself" Dream reasoned not knowing what was wrong with standing up for himself.

"Your not supposed to do that, you are a filthy little Omega, your meant to be obedient, not filthy and egotistical" his mother replied standing up dragging her husband along with her.

"He was trying to bully me so I told him to stop, I didn't like it" Dream explained getting a but scared. 2 heavily drunk and poor parents were getting closer and closer to Dream by the second.

"You see, STOP only works for us Alphas, for you STOP mean sombody else is in charge do you hear me" his mother continued.

"No, it doesn't, STOP means stop, If I don't like something then I say stop, If I don't want something I say no, no means no" Dream argued standing up for himself, green eyes going maroon.

"YOU DARE USE THOSE EYES IN MY HOUSEHOLD" His Father yelled shoving Dream to the floor.

"How about we teach you a lesson instead" Dreams Dad continued throwing the bottle at Dreams arm, causing it to smash in to little pieces and get stuck into his skin.

"STOP, THAT HURTS" Dream welled in pain, "STOP".

"NO, your going to learn that saying STOP, is not going to make it stop you are NOT in charge here" Dream mother explained.

Punches were thrown and bottles smashed until Dream lost his voice from screaming in pain too much. He involuntarily had to loose because physically he couldn't speak anymore.

Many memories of those were at war of flicking through his mind. He knew his childhood was rough, but to live through it a second time... surely once was enough.

"Dream you need to talk to us bud, we can't help you don't talk" Shlatt said shaking Dreams shoulders, trying to break his chain of thought.

"No, stop" was all Dream could say, "Stop, stop stop stop stop STOP!". He was grabbing at his hair, trying to pull his thought back together again. He wouldn't let trauma win a battle he had already faced and was over with.

"Stop what bud you need to tell us" Foolish asked sitting on the floor to be at Dreams level.

"Too much" was all he got out. Everyone except Puffy was confused. She had everyone leave the room so Dream had space. She didn't know why everything was too much at the time. Could of been an ADHD episode but she gave him the space.

10 minutes had past and Dream had calmed himself down. Things were becoming more and more easy to focus in on. He could see Puffy cooking the pizza for everyone's dinner. Slowly his bearings became a little more eligible, he could hear the TV next door, the light chatter of everyone, his name being brought up every once and a while. The floor beneath him became solid again, and the air felt smooth, like it was easier to breath it.

"Better?" Puffy asked noticing Dream fully recovered from the sudden fainting fit.

"I don't know" was all he could say.

"What happened?" Puffy asked placing the last pizza in the oven and coming over to sit on the floor with him.

"I don't know" was Dreams honest answer, he didn't know, he was so confused, so lost to his own childhood.

"You kept saying stop" Puffy explained, "you were panicked"

The word made him want to flinch.

"It was..." Dream couldn't start a sentence, how were you suppose to say, I just lived through my childhood trauma again, in a way that would set you off in a panic attack.

"Dream I can't help if don't explain" Puffy stated.

"I can't explain it... I don't want to explain it..." Dream pleaded.

That's when it clocks to Puffy what had happened, he had the exact same reaction when he remembers how he lost his memories. Puffy had gone pale.

"Were you back there?" Puffy asked just over a whisper.

Dream nodded and put his hands over his face to make sure it was still there.

"What happened?" Puffy questioned farther.

"Pain, hurt... they wouldn't stop..." Dream tried explaining without getting to emotional. He didn't want to be stuck in the kitchen in that moment, he needed fresh air. He stood up and walked towards the back door.

"I'm just going to stand on the porch for a moment" Dream explained before going to stand outside and Finnish the process of what he's just remembered.

[870 Words Total]