Chapter 14 - Pancake Morning

Morning arose and Dreams eye were flickering open. Looking over to his Phone on the floor he read the time, 7am. He rolled out of bed and started his regular morning routine.

He walked out his room and over to Tubbo's to wake him up, knocking on Foolish's door on the way to also wake him up.

However when he walked into Tubbo's room he noticed he wasn't in there.

"Tubbo?" Dream said aloud, getting no response.

He had read the time right.

He walked out and wondered downstairs, only to find him in the kitchen trying to make... something.

"Tubbo what are you up to?" Dream asked looking at Tubbo.

"NOOO!!! you weren't meant to see!!!" Tubbo moaned bashing his head quietly on the counter, "I set an early alarm to try surprise you".

"Surprise me with what??" Dream asked confused.

"Pancakes, only they were harder than I was expecting to make" he replied feeling a bit down.

"Why don't we make them together then?" Dream suggested trying to lighten the mood. Tubbo's eyes lit up and started jumping up and down. Before they knew it the pancake batter was fully prepared and the frying pan was already at work having 5 perfectly cooked pancakes ready to be eaten.

The first down was Shlatt, dressing in his jeans and T-shirt, he had walked down to see Dream explaining the best way to flip a pancake to Tubbo.

"Productive morning I see" Shlatt said smiling.

"Mostly, grab a couple, there plenty of batter to have a handful of pancakes each, and the toppings are already prepared on the kitchen island" Dream replied leaving Tubbo to do the next pancake by himself.

"Great, any chance to see you at the Computer firm for work later?" Shlatt asked, taking a bite out of one of the pancakes.

"If Puffy let's me, you will yes" Dream responded.

"What's that about me letting you do something" a voice, who turned out to be Puffy, came from behind Shlatt.

"Dream going to work for a bit later" Shlatt explained handing a plate of pancakes to Puffy.

"We will see" Puffy said, she's always reluctant about Dream working, she'd rather he focused more on school.

They continued talking until there was a knock at the door. Dream limped over to get it, much to Puffy's dismay, only to find Techno on the other side.

"I thought you were coming at 8?? It's 07:40" Dream asked confused.

"Meh, I got a headache from Tommy's shouting so I left early" Techno shrugged.

"Wanna come in Techno, Tubbo and Dream made pancakes, and there's plenty to go round" Puffy asked.

Techno wasn't going to complain and swooped in taking the plate off Puffy.

Foolish eventually came down and took his regular seat only to drink a coffee and look half asleep.

"How come your here anyways Techno?" Shlatt asked finishing his breakfast.

"Wait till you hear this..." Techno started putting his plate down for a minute, "Dreams done his English homework, and asked me to hand it in early for him so he won't forget".

Foolish spat out his mouthful of coffee making everyone laugh, "YOU DID HOMEWORK".

"Why does every say that?" Dream asked rolling his eyes, throwing Foolish a towel to clean his mess.

"Gee I wonder why" Tubbo said sarcastically from behind.

"Not you too Tubbo" Dream said crossing his arms and pouting.

"I'm here to pick it up" Techno explained.

"Well it's good to know Dreams doing some sort of schoolwork" Puffy said finishing her plate of food.

"Yeah yeah, whatever" Dream responded.

After a handful of more pancakes and laughs, 8am rolled around and everyone started clearing up to head off to there daytime events.

"You going to give that homework" Techno asked.

"Shit I forgot about that" Dream said limply jogging up the stairs, hearing a "that's what in here for" from Techno and a "STOP RUNNING ON THAT FOOT" From Puffy.

[646 Words Total]