Chapter 44 - Break Time

"Hey Dream, where were you?" Wilbur asked, watching the boy walk over to their table.

"I was with Tubbo," Dream shrugged.

"What about for the first 2 hours of the school day?" Fundy asked almost sarcastically.

"I was chilling in the special room," Dream replied, dropping his bag and jumping into the table to hop into the tree above head.

"I thought..." George started.

"Not anymoreeee" Dream responded excitedly climbing higher into the tree.

"How long was he grounded for?" Techno jokes.

"Anyways, I have no idea what I have for the next 2 lessons and would really appreciate it if somebody would tell me what I got" Dream shouted down flipping from one branch to another keeping his balance.

"You have science next with Techno, then social studies" Wilbur replied.

"Tell me your fucking joking" Dream groaned.

"Unfortunately not," Wilbur answered.

"Well isn't that a mood drop" Dream complained dropping to a lower branch to be a part of conversation.

"You could always skip," George suggested.

"GEORGE!!!" Bad scolded, "He won't be skipping even if the teacher is an idiot, it's against school rules!".

"Baddddd your no funn" Dream groaned dangling from the lowest branch to take part in conversation.

"I have to be, I'm a student enforcer!!!" Bad replies matter of factly.

"The enforcer of no fun" Skeppy corrected.

"Anyyywayyys...." Sapnap said preventing any sort of continuing argument from Bad... "Who's got Geography next?".

"I do, I'll show you the way," Illumina replied.

Everyone had parted to go to their timetabled lessons. The walk was a little more awkward for Dream and Techno but they smoothed things over.

The 2 walked into the classroom and went to sit at the back of the room, only for Phil to block the way and have them sit at the front.

"But-" Dream started.

"No buts, you did some sort of work yesterday, so it must have something to do with the fact that I can keep an eye on you better at the front '' Phil started shoving the 2 to the desk in front of Phil's.

They took their seat at the front begrudgingly but otherwise willingly.

"Okay so we are going to review the topic we've been doing for the past 4 weeks today in preparation for your end of topic exam next week on Tuesday" Phil said looking over the class while taking the register.

"Do you know any of the stuff we covered the past month?" Dream quietly asked Techno.

"You are so fucked" Techno replied not even looking his way and writing something down from the board.

Dreams' head could be heard hitting the table and him grumbling.

Phil had set the work for people to do and was walking round the classroom checking in on people.

Dreams A3 page was covered in doodles of brains with walking legs and sharks who had jellyfish legs. The task was to write / draw out a mind map. Techno's page had everything you'd need to know and more.

"Dream, the last time I checked the immune system didn't work by cake eating some robots..." Phil mentioned looking at the random doodles on the blond boys page.

"I mean... it looks a lot more fun than what would actually happen" Dream tried to reason knowing he was screwed. He was fully ready for a lecture but the lecture didn't come.

He looked at Phil to see his cogs turning in his head.

"You know I might have found a way for you to learn science, ''Phil said out of the blue, going to grab a new page for Dream and putting it in front of him.

"I'm going to explain to you how something works, instead of writing out what I say, draw it instead," Phil explained before he started explaining the process of phagocytosis.

"Wait so the phagocytes surround the bacteria, fungi or virus, eat it then release the gunk to kill it and turn it into waste..." Dream confirmed looking over his drawing.

"That is exactly how it works!" Phil cheered, knowing finally he had managed to teach Dream something.

"Wait really?!" Dream asked surprised he actually learnt something.

"All it took was to find the right method for you" Phil explained over the moon with the new knowledge.

"Okay... Techno, this will also be a good revision for you. I need you to describe the other processes to Dream" Phil asked.

"I can do that'' surprised that Dream had actually learnt something, and in the strangest way possible. Techno had watched Dream draw out his interpretation of the process of phagocytosis and it made no sense to him.

By the end of the lesson, Dream had managed to draw out half of the topics worth of work and pretty much memorised it.

"What is your next Dream?" Phil asked watching everyone pack up and Dream Finnish the last drawing to how lymphocytes work.

"Social Studies" Dream grumbled, shading in the edge of some blob.

"Would you like to skip it and work on this instead?" Phil offered, looking over his timetable, "You don't do work there anyways, and I only have my sixth formers, they usually just get on with work and research and if they need me they ask for help".

"Can I have a snack if I do then?" Dream asked, feeling hungry, no doubt in his mind that he was going to stay. No teacher had ever encouraged him to doodle his thoughts.

"Go for it, I need to set up my next lot's stations anyways" Phil replied walking off to clean some stuff to leave Dream to have an apple he had in his bag.

[913 Words Total]