Chapter 26 - Breathing

"Is he alright?" Shlatt asked. He had walked in the room to only look out of the window and see Dream on the porch.

"He will be" Puffy said, or well hoped.

"What happened?" Shlatt asked helping her lay the table with plates for dinner.

"Some if his memories came back to him, several..." Puffy replied, "When he was telling us to stop it had triggered a past memory in his mind, and from the way he's reacting... It doesn't seem like a good one".

"I'm going to go talk to him" Shlatt announced.

"Alright, just don't push, if he doesn't answer don't keep trying for one" Puffy replied.

"I know".

He walked over to the door and opened it to feel the refreshing breeze of the night air. It was just beyond sunset, at around 7pm. Shlatt walked over to stand next to Dream who was just staring at nothing.

"You doing alright?" Shlatt asked looking at him.

"I don't know anymore" Dream replied looking down, "I don't know why it's effecting me so much".

"You know you lived it, you basically felt it all over again, anybody would feel the same way" Shlatt explained.

Dream was quiet, listening to the nature around him.

"Is Puffy alright, from what I saw I freaked her put a little" Dream asked, distracting himself.

"She's worried, I won't lie, but she's calming herself down. She'll most likely want to talk to you about it to just ease those final nerves" Shlatt answered.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have over reacted" Dream mumbled hoping it was would make light of his situation.

"Don't be, we should have at least paused what we were doing when we saw you getting worked up" Shlatt apologetically mentioned.

"It won't stop, it's like, I'm reliving those fucking moments all over again, on repeat" Dream half yelled angry at his own head.

"Try talk about it, what are you reliving?" Shlatt asked, not nosey as to find out what was up with Dreams past, but to ease his current state.

"Some of its still blurry, I can't remember what happened prior or after it all, I come home and the pricks are drunk out of their minds. I had at some point that day maroon eyed and a teacher had called them. They were all riled up, telling I was to listen to Alphas and allow them to do what they want with me. I fought back, I explained that stop meant stop... and no means no. So as a way to prove life doesn't work that way, the abused me. I see glass shards in my skin, blood on the floor, fists coming my way. They only stopped when I shut up talking after loosing my voice and getting so weak I couldn't move".

They were both silent, Dream was letting out deep breaths to calm himself.

"That help" Shlatt asked.

"Little, nice to not keep a secret at least" Dream mentioned chuckling at the end.

"You should do it more often, it scares the fuck out of all of us sometimes" Shlatt said breathing out.

"I don't like to, I feel vulnerable after, a lot of the time it makes me feel more shit and does nothing helpful. When everyone started pushing for it, it twists in my head, from what I now presume is from past trauma, where your taking my independence away from me" Dream explained, "It was one of the few things I was attacked as when younger and now that I have some... I'm keeping it close".

Shlatt nodded, listening to what he felt in the kitchen earlier.

"Can I explain our point of view?, I was chatting Phil when you were calming down to get filled in on everything" Shlatt asked, giving the boy a choice.

Dream thought about it, before nodding, Shlatt let him talk his opinion now it was his turn to be a grown adult and let him speak.

"What we see is a Dream who is going through something that's hurting you. We see a strong minded boy who won't allow the people around him to help. Most of us know what you went through, past trauma and even if you don't remember it you will still act upon it. Our only way of trying to get some sort of answer is to push for one. Phil did think it went a bit far but he's worried, Puffy's worried, I'm worried. Techno and Wilbur won't admit it but they too are worried. Especially Foolish" Shlatt explained resting his arms on the banister of the porch.

"What is it your worried about?" Dream asked, for some reason talking to Shlatt was easier, he was so chilled out it, he knew that Dream wasn't one for emotional talks to he kept thinking blunt and honest.

"Well from what Phil's told me, you had said your started going against your instincts" Shlatt relayed, "Now I don't know why you are, but you made it clear that you don't want to tell us why. I'm not going to push for an answer. However when your ready, or if you ever need to talk, were all ears."

"And what if it's not for a long time?" Dream asked.

"Then a long time we shall wait" Shlatt explained.

The 2 stood in silence for a bit.

"I'm going to go in and get some food, I'll leave some of your favourites in the fridge for when your ready to come in" Shlatt said knowing he was digesting a lot.

"No, I'll be in, just give me 5 minutes to pull myself together, like you said, I'm strong minded, I can get past this wave of trauma" Dream explained smiling.

"Alright then see you in a minute" Shlatt replied walking back inside.

Dream was not going to let this get to him, he was strong and healthier now. He was not going to let the 2 jackasses dictate how he thought. Instead he would be winding them up by not letting it effect him. With that though of pissing the 2 off, he laughed aloud and smiled.

He turned around and strode towards the door. Was he dreading the 'Are you okay!!!' and 'do you need to talk' questions. Yes. But he could just say stop.

[1029 Words Total]