Ch.8

"Hi, I'm Bora's mom, the owner of the nearby supermarket," Bora's mom introduced herself, to which I offered a bow

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Hi, I'm Bora's mom, the owner of the nearby supermarket," Bora's mom introduced herself, to which I offered a bow. Beside her stood her husband, who added, "I run a hardware store."

Their words triggered laughter among them. "It's refreshing to have some youth in this town," Bora's mom exclaimed, earning a nod from me. As the conversation continued, I felt my ears growing warm, a sign of the spice's effect. Swiftly, I reached for a glass of water to quell the reaction.

"You didn't purchase anything at our store the other day," Bora's mom pointed out. I looked at her, perplexed. "Sorry?" I responded, to which she quickly clarified, "Just drop by anytime."

I took the opportunity to explain, "Actually, I couldn't find what I was looking for." This revelation seemed to stun them. "What? What didn't we have?" Bora's mom inquired, prompting a chuckle from me.

"I was searching for a specific branded shampoo," I explained, causing them to exchange puzzled glances. Amid their confusion, Bora's mom began to chuckle, eventually rising to her feet.

As they all started to leave, I found myself standing alone, my embarrassment causing me to look down. Taking a deep breath, I suppressed the urge to rub my neck as it began to itch.

Suddenly, the owner of the café spoke up, addressing me. "You're a dentist," he remarked, making me direct my attention toward him. "Gosh, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions about you. I apologize," he admitted, sitting down beside me.

I shifted slightly, creating some distance between us, and offered an awkward smile. As my forearms started to itch, likely due to my nerves, I began to rub them gently to ease the discomfort.

 As my forearms started to itch, likely due to my nerves, I began to rub them gently to ease the discomfort

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Dooshik Pov

On the other side, I wandered around the party, engaging in conversations with the elderly attendees. Amidst the mingling, I spotted Ms. Yeo and chimed in, "Ms. Yeo, I'll take a bowl of yukgaejang too."