Ch.39

"Dad, what's the matter?" I asked him, disbelief evident in my voice

"Dad, what's the matter?" I asked him, disbelief evident in my voice. "Were you aware that he's an orphan?" he said, making me scoff. "Orphan? How could you say that?" I asked him. "He had a family as well; he just lost them when he was little. It's not a sin to have no parents," I added, making him say, "It is," which surprised me.

"What?" I asked, my confusion growing. "I have no personal issue against him, but you shouldn't continue to see him, let alone break up with him," he said, causing me to clench my fist in frustration. "Dad!" I exclaimed, my frustration evident. He continued, "No parents in this world would be supportive of their child dating an orphan," he said, making me slap the table in anger.

"I don't want someone with a 'flaw' like that to be part of my family," he said, prompting me to clench my fist even harder. "Really, Dad? Then I must have a flaw too, because you became my dad," I retorted, making him look at me in disbelief and my mom gasp in shock.

"You know what the real flaw is? My father not being truthful and easy to judge people, especially while having an affair with another woman," I said, causing my mom to stand up and sit beside me, attempting to calm the situation. "[Name], come on, it's in the past, please," she implored, trying to stop me. I shook my head, determined to speak my mind.

"Dad, do you know why I left the house, rented an apartment, and decided to live here without telling anyone? It's because of you. You just shattered our trust by lying to us," I said, making him start to say my name loudly, but he stopped himself. He then chose to stand up and left us alone with Mom, presumably to gather his thoughts.

 He then chose to stand up and left us alone with Mom, presumably to gather his thoughts

Dooshik Pov

I was on the verge of heading back to where they were seated, but I halted in my tracks when I overheard [Name] engaged in an argument with her father.

He had called me an orphan and pointed out my flaws, even mentioning a past affair. The conversation compelled me to pause and take in the situation. Suddenly, her father knelt down, giving me a brief look, before leaving the restaurant. Intrigued, I decided to follow him.

As I approached him, I noticed him lighting a cigar. Without hesitation, I walked over and took a seat beside him. "You even smoke; you do everything that's unhealthy," I quipped, which earned me a glance from him before he let out a sigh.