Ch.15

Doo-shik's errand turned out to involve assisting Hwa-jung in carrying some of the foul-smelling bags of trash into Village Chief Young-guk's offices

Their mission: to protest the lack of security cameras - an issue they had already brought up on nine separate occasions. Frustration dripped from their words as they confronted Young-guk about the repeated requests that seemed to fall on deaf ears.

"Young-guk, we can't keep waiting for those cameras!" Hwa-jung's voice was filled with exasperation as she gestured to the bags of trash. "We need them now to ensure the safety of our village."

Young-guk, sitting behind his cluttered desk, raised his hands in a placating gesture. "I understand your concerns, but I've already submitted a request to Town Hall for those cameras. My hands are tied until they approve it."

Fed up with waiting, Doo-shik and Hwa-jung exchanged a determined glance. "If you won't take action, then we will," Doo-shik declared, his voice firm.

Hwa-jung nodded in agreement. "That's right. If we have to, we'll rip open these bags and start our own investigation."

The threat seemed to jolt Young-guk into action. Suddenly, a light of realization flickered in his eyes. "Wait, hold on a second. You know what? I think I have some business to attend to at Town Hall today," he announced, a little too conveniently.

Doo-shik and Hwa-jung shared a knowing look. "Funny how that works out," Doo-shik mused with a wry smile.

Without wasting another moment, Young-guk grabbed his coat and stood up. "I'll head over there right now and demand those security cameras," he declared, a renewed determination in his tone.

As Young-guk rushed off to Town Hall, Doo-shik and Hwa-jung wasted no time in removing the trash bags from the office. The sense of accomplishment was palpable as they high-fived each other. "Well, that went better than expected," Hwa-jung remarked, a triumphant grin on her face.

The following day, I was in my office checking some schedules when Chief Hong barged in with Grandma Grami on a piggyback ride

The following day, I was in my office checking some schedules when Chief Hong barged in with Grandma Grami on a piggyback ride. "Ms. Dentist, you have a patient!" he announced loudly, catching my attention.