Ch.19

"No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to understand them," Namsook expressed, prompting me to listen to her story

"No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to understand them," Namsook expressed, prompting me to listen to her story. "How should I put it – you need to be really cold-hearted to get a divorce, don't you agree?" she said, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"That's an old-fashioned view," I replied, making them look at me. "There's nothing wrong with divorcing. Just like marriage, it's one of the life choices we make," I added.

"Dr. Lee is right," Bora's father chimed in, causing me to look at him as Ms. Namsook continued, "You're right, but there didn't seem to be any reason for it.

They were fine together, and then they got divorced all of a sudden. Do you know anything about that?" she asked, leading everyone to join in questioning. As the conversation continued, Ms. Yeo arrived with her husband, walking toward our table.

"Good evening, Ms. Yeo," I greeted her, which elicited a smile. "Dr. Lee, you're here too," she observed, causing me to smile back.

Ms. Namsook gestured for her to take a seat, and Ms. Yeo noted, "The talk must've been fun. I could hear your voice from outside." I noticed Chief Hong looking uncomfortable.

"No, it wasn't fun," Bora's father interjected, leading Namsook to laugh as well. "Since you're here, you should order something," Namsook suggested, leading me to call Mr. Chung Jae over.

An hour later, as I took a sip of beer, a slight dizziness overcame me, though I wasn't drunk. My phone vibrated, and upon checking it, I saw a message from Jong Han, who had just found out that I had moved to Gongjin. I quietly stood up and headed to the bathroom.

Unbeknownst to me, Chief Hong watched as I entered the bathroom. Inside, I looked at myself in the mirror, glancing at Jong Han's message.

Deciding to delete it, I opened his Instagram, where I saw pictures from his upcoming wedding. Frustration coursed through me, and I muttered, "Damn him." I continued to question my decision to come here.

Exiting the bathroom, I encountered Chung Jae's daughter, who shoved me aside. Furrowing my eyebrows, I waited for her to finish before leaving. Back in the room, I found Juri sitting on the couch, looking through an album.

I paused, observing her. "You must be a hacker," I commented, making her look at me. "Isn't 'hacker' the name of a DOS fandom?" I asked, causing her to raise her eyebrows.

"Are you a hacker?" she inquired. "Not exactly, but I'm a fan of JUNE, one of the members," I replied, reaching out to touch a picture.

She swiftly snatched it from my hand. "I treated him two years ago," I stated, only to be met with skepticism. "Stop lying," she retorted. "Why would I lie about something like that? I really did treat him," I explained, which made her look at me smugly.

"Look here, old lady," she addressed me, causing my jaw to drop. "Many people lie about knowing the members of DOS," she continued.

"Old lady?! I'm telling the truth. I'm not lying, and don't call me old. I'm 34 years old," I countered, which prompted her to scoff.