Ch.37

"I had you told me that you were coming, I would've cleaned up a bit," I said as I invited my dad and mom into the house

"I had you told me that you were coming, I would've cleaned up a bit," I said as I invited my dad and mom into the house. "I just want to see where you moved when your mom told me everything," he said, making me look at both of them. "You have a nice place, darling," my mom's sweet voice said, making me smile at her.

"Young lady, why didn't you tell me?" He said, looking at me sternly. Just as I was about to explain, he cut me off, "Before the talk, can I use a restroom?" he asked, and I pointed to the restroom door. As he was about to go, Chief Hong suddenly showed up, causing them to gasp in shock and my eyes to widen.

"Chief Hong!" I called out to him, making my dad look at me quizzically. "Chief Hong?" he asked, and I nodded, motioning to Chief Hong. "What, yes?" Chief Hong replied, looking at my dad. I walked towards them and asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to fix your shower. The showerhead burst, so I'm completely drenched," he said, looking at his wet jacket. I gulped as I felt my dad's gaze on both Chief Hong and me. "The new head is stronger," he added, looking at me.

"Why would you do that in an empty house?" I said, looking at him in disbelief. "Ms. Pyo just left; she told me to fix it since you'll be home soon," he explained, causing me to groan in annoyance. I glanced at my dad, who was looking at us sternly, and I grabbed the hem of Chief Hong's jacket. "Okay, then you should go," I whispered to him. He looked at me and said, "Pay me."

My eyes widened at his frank behavior, and just as I was about to react, my mom chuckled. "What?" I asked, puzzled. He extended his hand, insisting, "You need to pay me." I replied, "Okay, I'll wire it later," and started pushing him towards the door.

"Don't push me; my bag is still here," he said, grabbing his bag. "Fine, I'm leaving," he added, but my dad's loud voice stopped him. My mom settled herself on the couch, seemingly enjoying the scene like she was watching a movie. "Stop," my dad said firmly, making Chief Hong look at him and smile.

"Will you pay me instead?" Chief Hong said cockily. "Are you Chief Hong?" my dad inquired. Chief Hong nodded, replying, "Yes, that's me." My dad extended his hand for a handshake, and Chief Hong quickly grabbed it. "I'm her father," my dad introduced. "I thought so," Chief Hong said, pulling my dad into a bear hug, leaving me gaping and covering my mouth in astonishment.

"Did you refuel your car, right?" my dad asked, incredulous. My mom answered, "Yes, we did. Thank you." She smiled at Chief Hong, who responded, "It was my pleasure." He continued holding my dad's hand, and I asked Chief Hong, "You met him?" My dad started to release Chief Hong's hand, and Chief Hong gripped my dad's hand too. My eyes widened as my dad asked, "Did you frequent her house?"

Chief Hong answered, "Well, I do come by more often than every now and then." He struggled to free his hand from my father's grip. "Dad, let me explain," I said, trying to ease the tension. My dad's question left me speechless, "What is your relationship with my daughter?"