Ch.41

The following day, Chief Hong and I were walking through our neighborhood, and people began asking us about what had happened

The following day, Chief Hong and I were walking through our neighborhood, and people began asking us about what had happened. As we continued walking, I looked at him with confusion, and he started to speak, "Is it just me, or is everyone more worried about you than me?"

"Why did you keep following me?" I questioned him. "At this rate, you'll end up at the clinic," I added. "That's where I'm headed," he replied, leaving me perplexed. "Why?" I inquired.

"To get a free cup of coffee. Today, I'm craving instant coffee," he remarked, which made me scoff and smile. "We serve a great instant coffee," I commented, causing him to scoff. However, our attention was diverted as someone called out to us, prompting both of us to turn around. "[Name], Dooshik—" the voice called.

"Encheol," Chief Hong addressed, and I chimed in with, "Mina." Chief Hong then asked, "How come you two got here together?" Euncheol responded, "We heard about what happened last night."

"Are you okay?" Mina asked me. "Why didn't you say anything when I called you last night?" she whined, causing me to look down. "I didn't want to worry you. I'm fine, don't worry," I reassured her.

"How's your mom?" I inquired about her mother's well-being. "Her surgery went well, thanks to you and your brother," she replied, making me smile at her. "That's a relief. I told you to stay with your mom, why did you hurry back here?" I questioned her. "Well, I'm glad I did. Look what happened last night," she scolded lightly while hugging me.

"I won't leave you ever again. I'll be next to you as if we're joined at the hip," she declared, hugging me tightly. I tapped her back gently as she began crying. "Talk about déjà vu," Chief Hong commented, observing us. "Tell me about it," Euncheol responded.

"Are you alright, though? I heard you hurt your arm," Euncheol said, turning his attention to me. He placed his hand on Chief Hong's shoulder, causing Chief Hong to groan in pain. "Where does it hurt?" Euncheol asked him.

"Let go," Chief Hong demanded, pushing Euncheol towards him. He began massaging Chief Hong's shoulder, causing Euncheol to bend down and examine him. "Are you crying? Scared?" Chief Hong inquired, glaring at Euncheol as he groaned in pain.

 "Are you crying? Scared?" Chief Hong inquired, glaring at Euncheol as he groaned in pain