Ch.55

Dooshik Pov

Dooshik Pov

Amidst the late-night hours, we gathered at the cafe to celebrate the success of the shoot. Finding myself seated next to Seonhyeon, I hadn't even replied to [Name]'s attempt to engage with me due to my upset mood.

"You all did remarkably well today," Mr. Chang praised as our beer glasses clinked in mutual congratulation. "Once again, thank you, everyone," Seonhyeon added as we toasted with our beers.

"Particularly you, Yun Gyeong. When is the baby due?" Woojin inquired, turning to Bora's mother. "Next month, actually. I'm a bit worried, though. Our baby is almost ready to come, but the OB-GYN clinic has closed down," Yun Gyeong shared with Woojin.

"What will you do then? ChungHo OBGYN shut down. That's where I gave birth to Ijun," Ms. Yeo chimed in, making Yun Gyeong glance in her direction. "There aren't many young people here who want to have a baby, so a dermatology clinic will open in its place," she explained between bites of food.

Seonhyeon then turned to her and asked, "So, what will you do?" Yun Gyeong sighed, replying, "I'll have to travel quite far. The nearest clinic with a birthing center is an hour and a half away by car." Woojin couldn't help but gasp, "That must be exhausting," she sympathized.

"Hardly, she won't be doing anything. He'll be the one driving her there," Geum Cheol remarked, earning a glare from me. "You," I said, making him halt, as Mr. Chang stepped in, "Having done it myself, I can assure you that being on a TV show is no simple matter," he shifted the topic.

"Exactly, I found it to be quite stressful," Namsook chimed in behind him, leading Ms. Yeo to snarl, "So why did you want to appear on it if you couldn't even squat?" Mr. Chang and I exchanged incredulous looks at her blunt phrasing, with Chang raising his voice, but Namsook intervened.

"Alright, that's enough. Why do you two have to bicker like this? I'll give you the stage, so make the most of it today," Namsook interjected, causing Ms. Yeo to gaze at her in disbelief. "Goodness, it's quite amusing coming from someone who stuttered like a broken cassette tape when given a chance in front of the camera," Ms. Yeo retorted, causing Namsook to chuckle in disbelief.

"Are you talking to me?" Namsook slapped Ms. Yeo's shoulder, cautioning, "Watch what you say, damn it." Ms. Yeo fired back, "Keep your hands to yourself, Ms.," raising her voice. We all tried to intervene, attempting to stop their escalating argument. Just then, Mr. Yoo arrived with food in hand, diffusing the tension.

"Enough bickering, will you? Instead, enjoy this symbol of peace: freshly fried pigeon," Mr. Yoo offered, displaying the homemade food. As I gazed at the food, a pang of jealousy surged within me. "I'm kidding," Mr. Yoo quickly clarified, showing us the fried chicken.

"I mean, enjoy the chicken that's similar and keep chatting," he suggested. I continued to glare at the drumstick chicken, and Mr. Yoo playfully grabbed it, announcing, "This drumstick will go to Director Ji, who had the toughest job today." Seonhyeon reached for it, but I swiftly snatched it and devoured it quickly, making everyone look at me.