Ch.29

As the awards ceremony began, I stood next to Juri, sulking because we hadn't won and Bora had

As the awards ceremony began, I stood next to Juri, sulking because we hadn't won and Bora had. I mean, Bora was good, but I still hated not being in first place. "I didn't know Bora was this talented," Chief Hong commented, making me look at Bora and then at Juri's sad face.

"Give me the prize money," I told Juri, prompting her to look at me with confusion. "What? Are you seriously insane? We split this three ways," she protested. I looked at her blankly and tried to take the prize, but Chief Hong stopped me. "Are you really trying to steal the kid's money?" he scolded, causing me to glare at him. "Juri, it's fine by me. Take my share," he said, looking at Juri.

"It's mine," I declared, grabbing the prize. They both complained as I looked back at Juri, who was gripping it. I snatched it forcefully and said, "I'll take it and do your braces," making her stop in surprise. "What?" she asked, and I repeated, "I said I'll do your braces." A smile formed on her face. "Hey, it's not free; this is just your first payment. Pay the rest when you grow up," I said, making her smile even wider.

"So grow up well if you want to pay off your debt," I advised, and she suddenly hugged me. I couldn't help but smile. I felt Chief Hong's gaze on me, but I tried to ignore it. Then, the announcer called for a picture, and I began to adjust my appearance.

Suddenly, Chief Hong fixed my blazer around my neck, causing me to step back in surprise. I looked ahead and saw Hyejin smirking with Mina, which made me roll my eyes.

As we started to leave the stage, I suddenly stopped when Juri mentioned that DOS had gone live. The MC began speaking on the mic, and I turned to the stage, seeing June appear. I playfully slapped Chief Hong's arm in excitement.

As the event came to a close, I found myself sitting in one of the chairs, searching for Hyejin and Mina, but they had mysteriously disappeared. Massaging my feet, I suddenly felt someone sit down beside me. "Someone once said that being nosy is incurable.

It's annoying and uncomfortable," he stated, causing me to turn and look at him. "She also mentioned that she didn't want to become the subject of gossip," he added, and his gaze locked onto mine.

As I reached for my bag, he spoke again, annoyingly catching my attention once more. "Is being inconsistent your motto? Your words don't match your actions. Also, where have you been for the past two weeks?" he questioned. I chose to ignore him and started to walk away, but he interrupted again.

"Maybe you secretly like being on stage. I suppose you have a flair for the dramatic—no wonder you danced on the pole after having too much wine," he said, causing my eyes to widen. I quickly walked back to him, attempting to cover his mouth to prevent him from saying more.

"Are you nuts? Shut it!" I demanded, glaring at him. He merely chuckled, which infuriated me further. "You're actually crossing the line right now," he remarked, looking directly at me.

"You're the one who's crossed it," I retorted, stepping back slightly from him. "Exactly. And I'm telling you to cross it comfortably, like I do," he challenged, a mischievous glint in his eyes that left me bewildered.