Ch.35

The following morning, I decided to go for a jog

The following morning, I decided to go for a jog. As I was getting ready to head back home, I unexpectedly ran into Ms. Namsook. Initially, I ignored her presence, but something seemed off.

I noticed she held something in her hand that appeared important. Ignoring her, I resumed jogging, yet I found myself compelled to follow her.

While I searched for her, I eventually spotted her talking to a man. My eyes widened as I saw her handing him a significant amount of money.

Just as the man was about to take the money, I intervened, saying, "Hold on a minute." This surprised Namsook, who questioned, "Dr. Lee, what are you doing here?"

I directed my attention to her, asking, "Is there money in your hand?" My gaze shifted to the man, and I inquired, "Do you know this person?" I couldn't believe she was handing out cash like this. "Why are you giving him money out here?" I asked, disbelief evident in my tone.

"Well, that..." she began to explain but stopped abruptly, her expression filled with disbelief. "I don't need to explain this to you," she retorted.

I glared at the man, suspecting it might be a phishing scam. "Is this a scam?" I questioned the man with an intense stare, making him glance at me in disbelief.

Turning back to Namsook, I asked once more, "What did he say?" I continued, suggesting, "Is it a scheme involving a prosecution or a loan?" Namsook couldn't help but giggle at my speculations.

"That's not the case. I'm not a fool, you know. You're making a big mistake. He was sent by a bank employee," she explained. She added, "I also spoke with my financial consultant this morning."

Curious, I inquired, "What's the consultant's name?" She swiftly replied, "Ms. Kim Minyeong." However, before the conversation could continue, the man suddenly snatched the money from Namsook's hand. She fell silent, and I immediately shifted my focus to the man, deciding to chase after him.

"You come back here!" I shouted, attempting to pursue him. I tried to increase my pace, but the man was surprisingly fast. Just as I was growing tired in my pursuit, he accidentally collided with Seonhyeon and Cheif Hong.

Reacting quickly, I yelled, "Get him!" and continued my pursuit. In the distance, I noticed Chief Hong and Seonhyeon also chasing the man with determination.I came to a halt for a moment, catching my breath. I muttered to myself, "If I hadn't gone jogging today..."

"