Ch.51

Dooshik Pov

Dooshik Pov

In the midst of an enveloping darkness, Dooshik jolted awake, his eyes darting around the unfamiliar surroundings. He rose to his feet with deliberate caution, a sense of unease settling in. Abruptly, a piercing sound shattered the eerie silence, prompting him to instinctively shield his ears. His heart raced as he called out, "[Name]?"

Scanning the room, he searched for the source of the noise. Just as confusion began to tighten its grip, a tap on his shoulder made him whirl around. His breath caught in his throat when he found himself face to face with... himself. His doppelgänger stared at him, an unsettling emptiness in his eyes.

A shiver ran down Dooshik's spine, his mind grappling with the inexplicable sight. The tense silence was broken as the air filled with the chilling sound of a child's scream. His head snapped towards the origin of the noise, only to be met with the surreal sight of his own figure transforming into that of a child. The voice that emerged was small, innocent yet unsettling.

"Do you think you deserve to be happy?" The question hung in the air, laden with accusation. His doppelgänger's gaze turned frigid, a stark contrast to the once-blank expression. The weight of the question pressed upon Dooshik, his breathing quickening as his mind raced to find an answer.

A sense of suffocation gripped him, the surreal scenario playing tricks on his sanity. He struggled to comprehend the meaning behind the words, his own emotions mirroring the growing turmoil in the room. The silence that followed was heavy, broken only by his uneven breaths.

As he tried to collect his thoughts, the child's voice continued, the tone now tinged with a mixture of curiosity and anguish. The very fabric of reality seemed to warp around him as he grappled with his own identity and desires. Each passing moment felt like an eternity, the boundaries between reality and illusion blurring.

Slowly awakening from the grip of the night's terror, I heard the soothing sound of [name]'s voice calling my name. Turning toward her, I sat up abruptly, my arms instinctively wrapping around her in a tight embrace. The fear still lingered within me as I clung to her, finding solace in her presence. Her concerned eyes met mine, and she inquired softly, "What's wrong?"

Buried against the comfort of her neck, I mustered the words to respond, my voice carrying the weight of the unsettling dream. "It was a nightmare, a very bad one," I admitted, the tremor in my voice betraying the residual unease.

As [name]'s gentle touch began to stroke my hair, her reassurance washed over me like a balm. She spoke with a comforting tone, attempting to lessen the impact of the nightmare. "Were you scared by a nightmare? It's alright, they say nightmares are a sign that you've grown taller," she offered, her fingers tracing calming patterns against my scalp, gradually coaxing my anxiety to subside.