Ch.21

Suddenly, my thoughts drifted as I gazed at Dooshik. "Chief Hong, how could you know what's happening at my clinic?" I inquired, prompting him to sit up.

"Officer Kim," I continued, disregarding my earlier question, "Yes? Do you need anything, Chief Hong? " the officer, Kim, asked him

Ignoring my query completely, Dusik spoke up, "The wetsuit is tight. Can I change into something else?" he requested. Officer Kim replied, "It must be suffocating," acknowledging Dooshik's discomfort. Dooshik nodded, and unexpectedly, Officer Kim invited him to step out from behind the bars, leaving me perplexed.

Frustrated, I addressed the officer, "What the hell? Are you practically pretending not to hear me?" I watched in annoyance as he released Chief Hong, and let out a groan.

I turned my attention to Chief Hong, questioning his actions, "Where are you going?" I asked, observing him lock the cell. "I'll be right back. Keep the cell warm for me," he said, leaving me alone in the cell.

As they returned, Dusik was now wearing a polo shirt with a floral pattern. He confidently walked towards the bar, which ignited my anger.

I grabbed his collar, ready to confront him, but he brushed me off, engaging in a chat with the officers. I clenched my fist, preparing to strike, but he swiftly moved away, settling into one of the officer's chairs, and he even smiled at me.

Feeling defeated, I slumped to the floor. Suddenly, Euncheol opened the cell door, and a smile formed on my face as I got ready to leave.

"Where's the pervert? Why haven't you arrested him?" I demanded to know from Euncheol. "He's currently in the hospital and needs two weeks to recover," he explained. My eyebrows furrowed as I contemplated my next move.

"I'm staying," I declared, taking a seat on the floor and attempting to relax. Chief Hong looked at me quizzically, clearly puzzled by my determination.

"I'm objecting to injustice, and I won't leave until that prick is arrested," I affirmed, closing my eyes to shut out any distractions. I heard his voice again, questioning my choice, but I chose to ignore it.

As I reopened my eyes, a sight caught my attention. A well-built man stood at the entrance, accompanied by Mina. I couldn't contain my surprise, and a loud gasp escaped me as I realized it was my brother.

He began searching the room until our eyes locked through the bars. "Why is my sister in the bars?" his deep voice boomed, silencing the room.

Mina rushed to my side, and tears welled up in my eyes. My brother seemed perplexed by the open cell door as he turned to look at the officers. Dooshik took the initiative to explain the situation, prompting my brother to glance back at me. "She just doesn't want to go out," Dooshik calmly stated while sipping his coffee.

Turning her attention to me, Mina asked, "Are you okay?" I pouted slightly and nodded, my own tears escaping. "I'm fine. What about you?" I inquired, concerned for her. Her voice trembled as she apologized, blaming herself for the ordeal.