Ch.34

The following day, I found myself in the clinic, carefully examining Namsook's teeth

The following day, I found myself in the clinic, carefully examining Namsook's teeth. "Your treatment concluded successfully today. Since the filling could potentially break, I recommend using a high-quality inlay, as I suggested last time. We'll take the mold for it today," I explained to her, but she interrupted me. "Hold on, Dr. Lee. I'd actually prefer to leave it as it is," she said, leaving me puzzled.

"Sorry," she smiled and continued, "You don't need to provide me with that gold thingy." Her words left me a bit perplexed. "Are you saying you want to skip the inlay?" I clarified, to which she nodded.

Mina shot me a questioning look. "I drilled the tooth, so the inner part is exposed, and there might be acute pain," I cautioned her.

"That's alright. I can handle the pain myself," she said confidently, causing my eyes to widen in surprise. She added, "I've paid for the treatments up until today, haven't I?" she inquired.

I stared at her dumbfounded, taken aback by her unexpected decision. "Thank you, Doctor," she expressed her gratitude, leaving me glancing at Mina, who simply shrugged her shoulders.

Exiting the operating room, I bid farewell to Namsook, and my attention shifted to Mina and the other patients sitting in the waiting area. "It seems she's found a dentist willing to offer a more affordable procedure," Mina remarked, prompting me to scoff. "I've encountered my fair share of peculiar patients, but she's a first," I commented.

"What a cheapskate," Mina added, glancing at me. "She never even treated us to free fried dumplings when we ordered tangsuyuk," she complained, prompting a nod from me. "And just the other day, she cleared out all the complementary coffee packets," Mina continued, pointing in the direction of the coffee station. I couldn't help but express my disbelief with a scoff.

"I was wondering why you were consuming so much coffee," I said, making Mina respond, "It wasn't me." I leaned in and whispered, "She takes the cake for being the worst."

Dooshik Pov

Dooshik Pov

In the afternoon, I decided to temporarily take over as the cashier at Bora's supermarket. Just as I settled into my role, [Name] walked in, prompting me to ask, "Look at you, why are you here during your office hours? What about your patients?" I inquired, becoming confused by something I noticed on her neck.