Ch.40

ACT TWO

"The doctor mentioned that there wasn't any nerve damage, so stitches will be enough," the nurse  informed me as Chief Hong and I were at the hospital following the events that transpired at the house

"The doctor mentioned that there wasn't any nerve damage, so stitches will be enough," the nurse informed me as Chief Hong and I were at the hospital following the events that transpired at the house. "He'll be back soon," the nurse added, causing me to glance over at Chief Hong.

"That's a relief. Does it hurt?" I asked, concerned. Chief Hong replied promptly, "Of course it does. Even a paper cut hurts like hell. But the knife was big, at least 30cm, right?" He said this incredulously.

"Don't exaggerate," I responded, trying to keep my composure. "It was a paring knife with a blade length of around 15cm," I corrected, to which he scoffed.

"I thought you'd be in shock, but the doctor said you're already calm," he remarked, making me look away. Suddenly, his hand touched my cheek, and he continued, "You have a bruise. Did he hurt you?" He gently traced my bruise with his fingers, causing me to instinctively touch my cheek. "It's nothing," I murmured, trying to move away.

He swiftly grabbed my arm, pulling me between his legs and inspecting the bruise on my cheek. "What are you talking about? You're hurt. Let me see," he insisted. I looked at him, feeling overwhelmed. "Does it hurt? How bad is it?" he pressed further.

"Why didn't you tell the doctor when he was here?" He seemed almost scolding. "Your injury is much worse than mine," I reasoned with a sigh, feeling the weight of the situation. Unable to contain my emotions, I started crying, prompting Chief Hong to fall silent.

"Ms. Dentist, why are you crying?" he asked softly. My tears continued to flow, and I looked at him between sobs. "I was so scared. He almost attacked me," I managed to say through my tears. "And then I just... I was afraid..why did you jumps into to guy like that " I admitted, causing me to cry even harder. Chief Hong wiped my tears gently, and I instinctively wrapped my arm around his waist, seeking comfort.

Suddenly, someone else arrived, and I turned to see who it was. "Seonhyeon?" I questioned. Both Chief Hong and I said "Director Ji" simultaneously as Seonhyeon looked at us. I released my grip on Chief Hong, and Seonhyeon asked me, "[Your Name], are you alright?" I nodded, trying to compose myself.

"How did you know I was here?" I inquired, curious. "Oh, that... I came back to pick something up, and then I saw police cars and commotion in your neighborhood," he explained. "I rushed over here as soon as I heard about you two," he added. I looked down, feeling a mix of emotions. "I see," I murmured.

Chief Hong spoke up, "Seonhyeon, is the injury serious?" Seonhyeon caught his breath and replied, "No, it's only a graze. You seem more shocked than we thought. Are you okay?" Seonhyeon nodded, still catching his breath.

"Me? No, I'm okay. I was really worried... I'm so relieved that you two are okay," he said, his gaze shifting between Chief Hong and me. He turned his attention to me, saying, "Well, I came back because I forgot my tablet." I was a bit confused. "I needed to back up some data with a hard drive," he clarified.