Ch.25

As the day came to an end and after examining Ms

As the day came to an end and after examining Ms. Yeo's teeth, I recommended that she visit my clinic for a proper examination.

Dooshik and I were walking towards the exit of the school when he extended his hand to me. I glanced at it, hesitating for a moment before slowly placing my hand in his. However, I quickly snatched it away and scoffed, "What does this mean?" I asked, puzzled.

"Pay me," he stated simply, leaving me looking at him with confusion. "Pay you?" I repeated, seeking clarification. He nodded, explaining, "Ms. Pyo said you'd pay me for today." I groaned in exasperation, muttering, "That darn girl. I'm going to deduct this from her paycheck." I muttered, causing him to groan as well.

"No wonder they say the rich are the greediest," he commented, making me glare at him. "She's your one and only friend," he added seriously, though I rolled my eyes in response. "I'm just joking," I retorted. "But I don't have cash. I'll wire it to you later," I explained, making him scoff.

"Buy me food, I'm hungry," he declared, prompting me to rub my forehead in exasperation. I watched him walk away, and I followed suit.

After a few minutes of driving, I exited the car, and he started complaining, "Why did we have to come all the way here for a meal?" I responded, "There are so many prying eyes in Gongjin, but not here, right?" He scoffed, "We might as well crawl ...

After a few minutes of driving, I exited the car, and he started complaining, "Why did we have to come all the way here for a meal?" I responded, "There are so many prying eyes in Gongjin, but not here, right?" He scoffed, "We might as well crawl back to the restaurant." I began walking towards the entrance of the restaurant.

"What should we have?" I asked while studying the menu. "Snow crab?" I suggested, and he shook his head in disagreement. "No, something else," he replied, to which I recommended, "Then how about raw fish?" He started questioning the waitress, "Do you have right-eyed flounders?" The waitress nodded.

"Please slice one as it is and season the other one," he requested, making the waitress smile. I looked down and bit my lip, feeling remorseful. "Look, I'm sorry about the other day. I was wrong," I confessed, not meeting his gaze. He remained silent, so I raised my head.

"You know, the social position talk," I mentioned, trying to remind him. However, he cut me off, "Forget it. No need to be sorry about your opinion." He poured me a glass of water. "By the way, you're from Seoul National University?" I asked, making him turn to me.