Ch.26

The night had fallen, and I found myself sitting in my dark room, lost in thought about the last time I got drunk and kissed him

The night had fallen, and I found myself sitting in my dark room, lost in thought about the last time I got drunk and kissed him. Suddenly, Mina entered the room and switched on the light, causing me to look at her, tears streaming down my face. "Why don't you have a light on?" she asked, concern evident in her gaze, as she studied me and my tearful state.

"Is something the matter? What's wrong?" Mina inquired as we headed to the kitchen. , then began explaining to her what had transpired. "A kiss? Is that why you look like your world has crumbled? I thought the clinic was in trouble," she stated, making me sadly nod my head and regard her in disbelief.

"Hey, don't jinx it. Take that back and knock on wood," I retorted, tapping the table for emphasis. "I understand the power of liquid courage, but you're not one to initiate a kiss," she observed, causing me to interject.

"I must not have been myself. Have I been out of the dating game for too long?" I pondered, mentally calculating that it had been four years since I had been single. "Dang it, four years and I'm still not moving on, Jonghan," I whispered to myself, glancing at Mina, and added, "I should quit drinking so much," a statement that she met with a smirk.

"What did he say?" she inquired, prompting me to sigh. "Don't ask. He obviously remembers but is playing dumb," I replied, to which Mina exclaimed excitedly, "I get it. That's why you're feeling so down." She continued, "As if I can see right through you," provoking an eye roll from me.

"I'm only asking out of pure curiosity, but what do you think of Chief Hong?" she questioned, making me look at her. "I mean, it's been years since I've seen you bothered by a guy like this," she remarked, causing me to ponder her words. "If you have feelings for him," she added, but I halted her by slapping the table.

"This is bad, this is nonsense. I'm getting out of here," I declared, grabbing a beer from the refrigerator. "I've let myself get too comfortable here," I admitted, prompting her laughter. "There's no need to go that far," she reassured me, but I cut her off. "This won't happen again," I asserted, looking at her seriously.

"From now on, I won't ever get involved with Chief Hong," I vowed, while Mina grinned widely, and I continued to drink my beer.