Ch.24

"Chief Hong could do better than Dr

"Chief Hong could do better than Dr. Yoon," the old woman with curly hair remarked, prompting Namsook to agree, "You can say that again. Compared to Chief Hong, Dr. Yoon is nothing. People line up for Dooshik." Mrs. Mat-I chimed in, throwing her hands up in emphasis.

"There's nothing Dooshik lacks," Mrs. Gamri added in a singsong manner. Bora added, "Every single girl in Gongjin had a crush on him at least once. He was also my first love," eliciting a glare from her husband and giggles from the other ladies.

"What?" her husband exclaimed in disbelief. "You think it's you?" She retorted and scoffed. "Gosh, you all are so brazen. How could you think Dooshik is better than the dentist?" Bora's father interjected, causing the room to fall silent.

"Are you siding with her?" Bora's mother complained, leading the other ladies to voice their opinions. "So, tell me, Chun-jae, what's your take this time?" Gamri inquired of Chun-jae. "Gamri, I told you to call me Oh Yoon, not Chun-jae," he corrected, earning nods of agreement from the others.

He continued, "Dooshik is a wonderful guy, but she's not bad either," prompting a voice to chime in, "You've got only one vote." Mina sat down beside Mr. Oh Yoon and looked at them. "So? Is it [name] or Chief Hong?" she asked.

"You see, Chief Hong is good at everything. There's nothing he can't do," he boasted, garnering agreement from the others. "But Dr. Lee is a dentist. She makes a lot of money. That tips the scale for her side," Yoon Oh contributed.

Gamri interjected, "While Dr. Lee fixes teeth, Dooshik can do everything," which was met with laughter. "But he can't fix teeth," Oh Yoon joked, causing even more laughter to fill the room.

 "But he can't fix teeth," Oh Yoon joked, causing even more laughter to fill the room

On the other side, Dooshik and I walked up to the cashier to pay. As I grabbed my wallet and pulled out my card, I said, "Here, this is my card," addressing the cashier. Dooshik attempted to intervene, saying, "No, it's on me." However, I declined his offer, stating, "No thanks. I don't let just any guy pay for my meal," causing him to scoff.

"Good for me then. Thanks for the meal," he responded, which made me smirk. Turning to the cashier, I added, "We'd like to pay separately," prompting a look of disbelief from Dooshik. I only smirked at him, then left the restaurant.